What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A nurse in Vietnam, possibly a romance?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tootsie (new)

Tootsie | 4 comments I read a book a couple of years ago. I think it was by Fern Michaels, or Debbie Macomber? Anyway, trying to find out the title of the book now. It had a touch of romance, drama, etc. It was definitly a chick's book.

It was about Vietnam, and a nurse, who's name I believe was Lily. Talked about working in different bases, and how she was finally discharged when the war was over only to be blown up in her jeep. And, her friend assumed her identity? One of them was pregnant, I think.

Does anyone know the title? It was such a tearjerker.

Thanks.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments Hi Buster, you should be able to find more people ready to answer this for you if you move this to the "unsolved" folder.

message 3: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments It shouldn't be The Road Home, but I'll offer it up just in case.

message 4: by Souellette95 (new)

Souellette95 | 11 comments It's for all their lives by fern michaels

message 5: by Tootsie (new)

Tootsie | 4 comments Thank you Souellette95!

Liralen: that looks interesting..... might have to locate a copy of that one next

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Ramírez Martins (dannymozart) | 1 comments That story sounds to me like Home Before Morning by Lynda Van Devanter. :)

message 7: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) possibly..Turtle Beach

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Buster, are you saying that For All Their Lives is the right book?

If not, here's the link for Daniel's suggestion:

Home Before Morning

message 9: by Tootsie (new)

Tootsie | 4 comments I think it is, as Souellette95 seemed to think it was. Since that was one of the two authors I believed it to be written by, I am trusting in good faith that it is. Just have to make my way to a bookstore this weekend to be sure. I just read so many books it is hard to keep them straight. Forgive my memory, but, I am hoping that For All Their Lives is the book!

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
Buster--be sure to come back and let us know if it is or not. We'll hold off moving this down to Solved til then.

message 11: by Tootsie (new)

Tootsie | 4 comments My bookstore did not have it, and so they ordered it. Said it would be a few weeks to get it in.

Going to try the used stores this week. I appreciate all of the help y'all have given.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Buster, was "For All Their Lives" the correct book?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Buster, was "For All Their Lives" the correct book?"

No response; moved to Abandoned.