The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars discussion

Shailene Woodley

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

C.R. Anyone else think that you're a bit tired of seeing Shailene's name on all the books you love for the movie productions? She's been booked to play Hazel with the guy who's gonna play Caleb as Augustus what do yall think?

Daisy97 Zajicek I am completely sick of seeing Shailene Woodley everywhere. Honestly, I would have liked if the casting directors to pick an unknown actress instead of actress who is used for everything. Give someone else a chance!

Micaela I'm excited to see her in both Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars. I've never seen her in any other movie or at least I don't think that I have and I can't wait to see her play these parts. John Green also said in one of his newer videos that you will not be able to tell that she and Ansel were brother and sister in Divergent. So I can't wait to see her in The Fault in Our Stars.

Roberta Jayne I am SO glad I found this discussion so I can vent my feelings about Shailene Woodley. At first I thought she would be okay for Divergent and that I could live with it and she would bring something unique to the role (despite not having seen her act before, I had high hopes) but then suddenly she is cast as Hazel and then let's not forget Mary Jane in the next Amazing Spiderman movie and really I would have preferred seeing 3 different actresses bring their own style to the roles instead of just one actress who I'm still not sure can pull it off. I hope she does do a good job in all three movies, and I have faith and will not give up hope until I see them myself but, Shailene Woodley, oh dear.

Madeleine I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME. Oh man, I thought I was taking crazy pills or something. I do not like her as an actress. She has had one respectable, serious role where her character whines and cries, while decently acted, nothing spectacular. I don't think she's tough enough for Tris or good at all for Hazel. Don't get me started on Mary Jane. I just don't think she should be getting all these projects and responsibility.

Jacquelyn She mad Secret Life, a show that was already poorly written but performed with decent actors and so made the show decent, terrible! God I hated seeing her Kirsten Stewert-esque emotions and her terrible fake crying and her... just... ugh! She's really a terrible actress and I'm really upset! Besides that, she looks WAY too old to play Hazel. I imagined her as a frail 16-17 year old whereas, with make-up, Shailene would look like a frail 19 year old.

Camila Jacquelyn wrote: "She mad Secret Life, a show that was already poorly written but performed with decent actors and so made the show decent, terrible! God I hated seeing her Kirsten Stewert-esque emotions and her ter..."
Agreed. I'm extremely disappointed to have her playing Hazel. It really discourages me from wanting to go watch the movie. If they mess up Augustus, there won't be a point in me watching it.

Cate Roberta wrote: "I am SO glad I found this discussion so I can vent my feelings about Shailene Woodley. At first I thought she would be okay for Divergent and that I could live with it and she would bring something..."

Shailene's part got cut from Spiderman.

Marie I'm really excited to see Shailene Woodley in "Divergent" and "The Fault in Our Stars" actually, she was incredible in "The Descendents" and from what I have seen from the trailer of "The Spectacular Now" she seems amazing to me tbh... From what I have seen of "Secret Life of the American Teenager", I think that she acts it really well, because the character that she is playing is simply an EXTREMELY shallow teenager, and she acted a shallow teenager very well :)