Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
MI Movie > Songs anyone?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Callista Flores | 11 comments Ok, so while we are waiting for CoB to come out a lot of us are pretty curious about the soundtrack. Normally this is released about a week before the movie hits theaters. What songs would you be excited to see included?

Quite a few people are pushing for the song "Warrior" by bethj007 so check that out.

My personal choice is "Human" by Manifest. I think its the perfect Jace song (though maybe more suited for CoA?) What do you think?

Meagan | 59 comments PERFECT!! Except for when he says "I wear my heart on my sleeve". Jace does the exact opposite and keeps it like in a high-security safe. Lol :)

What do you think about "Thinking of You" by Katy Perry to explain the Jace, Clary, and Simon love triangle?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Demons by Imagine Dragons for Simon's theme maybe

Stephanie (stephanie_nichole) | 30 comments I think Demons by Imagine Dragon would be great and I would also love to hear Warrior. And I'm not sure why but I think Counting Stars by OneRepublic would be good too. Since the first time I heard this song I've thought of TMI, not sure why but I just do.

Eshly | 2 comments Definitely demons by imagine dragon and warrior.

Kaylah Eiramenna Carrell (wearebutdustandshadow) | 117 comments Changed by you:Between The Trees for Jace about Clary! (: GREAT SONG

Leni | 49 comments Warrior is amazing!

Erica (ericamann24) | 6 comments I'm so excited everyone is thinking Demons by Imagine Dragons. This is my all time favorite song by Imagine Dragons. It's very true in talking about "when you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide." While I would love to see this song on The City of Bones soundtrack, I see it almost at a later time from Jace's perspective.
Counting Stars seems more about a relationship in "lately I've been, I've been counting stars, thinking about the things that we could be." But I could work for this soundtrack. This is especially due to Warrior. That song is fantastic in portraying the dynamics in The Mortal Instruments. I would be very happy if they included her song in the soundtrack.
(Like they did for A Thousand Years part one and two, the writer and singer of this song could actually do this main one now and a revised lyrics song for however Heavenly Fire is portrayed.
Read my Mind by The Killers. I'm not sure that this song fits with the overall feeling of the movie, but I definitely see the lyrics in the book.

Hannah (hannah1) | 911 comments Mod
The first wave of artists and tracks from the official soundtrack for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones have been revealed.

The soundtrack, coming from Republic Records on Aug. 20, is headlined by Demi Lovato, Zedd, Colbie Caillat, AFI and Jessie J among others. And according to the press release that went out, more artists and tracks will be announced soon.

Some songs, including Lovato’s “Heart By Heart” and Caillat’s “When The Darkness Comes,” were recorded specifically for City of Bones. Also, Zedd “scored for a key scene in the film.”

Of the 12 tracks revealed, two have been previously released, while the others are new songs.

Track list:

1. Zedd “Into The Lair”

2. Jessie J ”Magnetic”

3. AFI “17 Crimes (LA Riots Remix)”

4. Demi Lovato ”Heart By Heart”

5. Youngblood Hawke ”Bring Me Home”

6. Colbie Callait “When The Darkness Comes”

7. Seven Lions with Myon & Shane 54 featuring Tove Lo “Strangers”

8. Pacific Air ”Bear”

9. He Is We featuring Owl City ”All About Us”

10. Bassnectar ”Calling From Above”

11. Jetta “Start A Riot”

12. Bryan Ellis “Strange Days”

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack will be released by Republic Records in stores and digital retailers on August 20.

Kaylah Eiramenna Carrell (wearebutdustandshadow) | 117 comments omg....Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy for Inquisitor Herondale! its perfect for her!(:

Rebecca | 58 comments Kaylah Eiramenna wrote: "omg....Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy for Inquisitor Herondale! its perfect for her!(:"

The first verse makes me think of Sebastian, especially the epilogue of CoLS:

"I thought of angels
Choking on their halos
Get them drunk on rose water
See how dirty I can get them
Pulling out their fragile teeth
And clip their tiny wings"

Not that this has anything to do with CoB :)

Yasmani | 58 comments Terrible Things by April Smith for Sebastian!!!!

Rebecca | 58 comments Yasmani wrote: "Terrible Things by April Smith for Sebastian!!!!"

The lyrics are Sebastian through and through, but the song itself isn't... sinister and cruel enough

message 14: by Renee (last edited Jul 04, 2013 02:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) All The Same To Me Anya Marina for Jace in number...3? I think it was? When he was acting all weird around Clary. I can't remember which book.

Kaylah Eiramenna Carrell (wearebutdustandshadow) | 117 comments @Rebecca
yeah..some of the stuff has a real sensual feel to it too, but the whole anything you say can and will be held against you reminds me of when she first met Clary, then the trading all my tomorrow's for just one yesterday makes me think of how she felt about her son and maybe being able to go back and help him..or when she realized Jace was her grandson maybe could have gone back and been better to him before she died, gotten to know him

Elizabeth (elizabethcordo) I think A Thousand Years by Christina Perri would be perfect. Too bad it was wasted for Twilight!

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) To me, it's easier just to write them a song.

Yasmani | 58 comments Rebecca wrote: "Yasmani wrote: "Terrible Things by April Smith for Sebastian!!!!"

The lyrics are Sebastian through and through, but the song itself isn't... sinister and cruel enough"

That's exactly what I thought!!!! Ohh and how about A Little Tate by Skyler Stonestreet for Clary and Jace. I can imagine it in a hardcore make out scene

Chisom  (booky2) | 10 comments I absolutely fell in love with the song All I Need by Radiohead because of the CoB trailer. If you listen to it a lot i bet anyone could fall in love with it. I also like Starts With One by Shiny Toy Guns even though i think that will go best with the Divergent movie that's coming out too.

Elizabeth | 43 comments Idk whenever I hear clarity by zedd I can see it working for the first three books. Like clary and jaces relationship.

message 21: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë J (zoes_reads) | 79 comments Mod
What do you guys think about the selections that are confirmed? I think it sounds pretty good, and I love the song by Colbie Callait!

message 22: by Lo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 9 comments Still avoiding everything movie about TMI.

message 23: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lo♪ wrote: "Still avoiding everything movie about TMI."

Don't want them to tarnish your love for the books?

Rebecca | 58 comments Every time I hear "Counting Stars" by One Republic I think of Jace, especially the line: "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"
I LOVE this song atm :D

message 25: by Pamela (last edited Jul 25, 2013 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela (pamelaloperena) | 2 comments Rebecca wrote: "Every time I hear "Counting Stars" by One Republic I think of Jace, especially the line: "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"
I LOVE this song atm :D"

I love that song too!

message 26: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy (ivy48035) | 34 comments I love the songs that they picked and I love Demi Lovato's song! But I wish that they would have the song Warrior by: Beth Crowley in that movie it is perfect for Jace and Clary's relationship!

message 27: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy (ivy48035) | 34 comments Rebecca wrote: "Every time I hear "Counting Stars" by One Republic I think of Jace, especially the line: "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"
I LOVE this song atm :D"

omg I love that song

message 28: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy (ivy48035) | 34 comments Callista wrote: "Ok, so while we are waiting for CoB to come out a lot of us are pretty curious about the soundtrack. Normally this is released about a week before the movie hits theaters. What songs would you be e..."

that song Human is SO JACE!!!! omg i love it!!!

message 29: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy (ivy48035) | 34 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I think A Thousand Years by Christina Perri would be perfect. Too bad it was wasted for Twilight!"

ikr!!!

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) http://bookboyfriends.tumblr.com/post...

JAMIE CAMPBELL BOWER CAN SING!!!!

I DIED!!! OMG THIS IS PERFECTION!

message 31: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather | 9 comments I think Hung Up, by Hot Chelle Rae, sort of explains Jace's feelings towards Clary.

message 32: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

^^^^^ I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!1

message 33: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy (ivy48035) | 34 comments Renée wrote: "http://bookboyfriends.tumblr.com/post...

JAMIE CAMPBELL BOWER CAN SING!!!!

I DIED!!! OMG THIS IS PERFECTION!"

IKR!!! and he is actually really good! I think that he should write a song for the movie :)

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3WAH...

THIS IS FOR THE MOVIE!!!! I don't know if this is leaked or not, but it's amazing and I have NOT stopped listening to it!

When the Darkness Comes by Colbie Caillat

message 35: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 26, 2013 10:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca | 58 comments Renée wrote: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3WAH...

THIS IS FOR THE MOVIE!!!! I don't know if this is leaked or not, but it's amazing and I have NOT stopped listening to it!

When the Darkness Comes by Co..."

No it hasn't been leaked, it was released at the start of this month (presumably as a teaser). I totally agree, it is an AWESOME song!

I think that Clarity by Zedd feat. Foxes is a great song for Jace and Clary's relationship during CoB, CoA and CoG. Here's some of the lyrics:

"Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?"

Another awesome song :D

Renee (renee_bookboyfriends) oh 'kay I didn't know that.