What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > book about a girl who moves on a national park and finds a wolf/dog

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starr (new)

Starr | 1 comments The main character's name is Zayna (or some other spelling of that name) and she has a boyfriend named Zain. She gets a strawberry tattoo on her ankle without her mom's permission. They move up north somewhere (I think it was a national park?) and she has to leave her boyfriend behind. Zayna is a vegetarian so she isn't happy about the choices in the only grocery store.

She meets someone at the park (I think he works there?) and they find a wolf/dog living under her house and Zayna decides to keep it and later it *spoiler* saves her brother's life in a...helicopter? accident.

I know the cover has a picture of a girl wearing jeans and you can see her ankles (there's a strawberry on it) and she's standing in front of a river.

I think it was written by a Canadian author?

If you can help, thank you :)

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I remember the keyword 'national park' from other searches - is it possible that either of these threads can help you:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

Or, maybe we're lucky and you can help the poster of those?

message 3: by bookel (last edited Jul 13, 2013 03:18AM) (new)

bookel | 2103 comments That the book was Canadian was a good clue. Searching CM Magazine for: wolf strawberry tattoo (result) brought up the answer.

CM Magazine: Last Chance for Paris.
... with her mother, until the strawberry tattoo on her ankle is discovered (“The strawberry that broke the ... that Paris is full-blown wolf, but Zanna still ...

What do you know, another Sylvia McNicoll book!

Last Chance for Paris by Sylvia McNicoll.

The girl's name is Zanna.
"The local grocery store not only stocks more varieties of dog food than they do vegetarian options, but Internet and phone access are severely limited, and Zanna can’t seem to get any of the emails that her boyfriend in Toronto must be sending."

Solved.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4075 comments Mod
Starr, can you confirm this is the book? It looks like a good match!

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
I sent him/her a PM back on the 13th. And we still haven't heard. So I'm sending her another one today. Hopefully this one will make it past her spam filter.

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Given that she's not at all active on GR, didn't even answer a message posted only 2 days after her query, I'd say she's abandoned us. However, since we have such a well-fitting suggestion, I'd say this belongs in the Possibly Solved folder, rather than in the abandoned one.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
I agree Cheryl. So I'm moving it down there.