The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Peter Reynard reporting for sleuthing duty!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Reynard (peterreynard) | 4 comments Hi all, My name is Peter Reynard. I'm a big fan of the traditional mystery and a collector of Agatha Christie and Erle Stanley Gardner.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Peter. Great to meet you and welcome to the group. I'm a huge fan of Christie and love traditional mysteries. I really like Edgar Allan Poe! Must give Gardner a read one of these days.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1340 comments Hi Peter great to meet you.

message 4: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5382 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Peter. I'm slowly collecting the Agatha Christie books, love all of the various TV iterations of the series. Have you tried Ngaio Marsh or Dorothy Sayers?

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter Reynard (peterreynard) | 4 comments Thanks everyone.

@Kyle: I have only read a couple of Poe's. I have a collection of short stories sitting on my shelf right now and I think I'll get to it next.

@Bill: Sweet. Another collector! I have only seen the David Suchet Poirot TV series. And after Suchet it is hard to even consider anyone else playing Poirot. I have read one or two books each by Marsh and Sayers. I keep meaning to read more but never get around to it.

message 6: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35214 comments I would also include Margery Allingham and her Campion stories.

message 7: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5382 comments Mod
I've read a couple of Margery Allingham's Campion books and enjoyed them. I bought two more today at our local Rotary Club Booksale, Dancers in Mourning and The Allingham Minibus.

message 8: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Peter. You're in good company here with all the Christie, Sayre, Marsh, and Allingham fans.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dancers in Mourning (other topics)
The Allingham Minibus (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Margery Allingham (other topics)