What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Cry of the Icemark
This topic is about The Cry of the Icemark
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: Childrens/YA fantasy book. Protagonist is a tomboyish princess with a male witch love interest. The kingdom is being invaded by Roman-like soldiers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wizza | 2 comments I believe I read this in the late 90s/early 00s. It is a children/YA fantasy book that is set in a kingdom that is about to be invaded by people that are very similar to the Romans. There is a scene where they enter the land and say 'veni vidi veni'.

The story revolves around the daughter of the King who is set to inherit but she is a bit of a tomboy and is interested in battle strategy and weapons. The love interest is a boy who is from the woods. He is a male witch of some sort. He can accurately predict the weather (view spoiler)

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Jun 10, 2013 08:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah (seiren) | 75 comments Sounds like it might be The Cry of Icemark http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24...

It's a pretty chunky YA from 2000, and I definitely remember the male witch getting burned after using lightning magic.

I don't know how Roman the enemies are, but the main general is Scipio Bellorum which sounds right, and (view spoiler)

Wizza | 2 comments That's the one. Thank you, this has been bugging me for so long. =]

message 4: by Zack (new)

Zack Ahhhh, thank you sooo much, I posted a question for this book earlier. I can die happy now.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Um, Zack, did you go back to your other thread to let the followers there know that the book has been solved? We'd sure appreciate it. Thanks! :)