New Providence Memorial Library's Online Reading Group discussion

Wonder (Wonder, #1)
This topic is about Wonder
Favorite Reads > Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (last edited Jun 13, 2013 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Colleen | 1 comments Wonder
by R. J. Palacio
I loved this book!
Ten year old Augie is a paradox of innocence and wisdom. There are things he knows about human nature and why other kids behave the way they do, that are well beyond his years. His face is malformed and it shocks a lot of people. His parents and sister defend him from the world, but what he needs to do is get his feet wet in that big world out there.
The book is written beautifully. We listen to his thoughts and watch him meet the world with humor, integrity and insight, as he begins school for the first time in the 5th grade. We love this kid. This is a book about friendship, kindness and integrity. It's the best book I've read in a long time. A memorable book for kids and grown-ups alike.

message 2: by Sangeeta (new) - added it

Sangeeta | 156 comments I put it on my "to read" list !
sangeeta

Marilyn | 143 comments This is the second time this week that I've seen this title mentioned, and in a very positive way. Looks like I'll have to add it to my "to read' list also!

Geri | 1 comments "Wonder" was amazing. I completely agree with everything you said, Colleen!