Faith Fringe discussion

genres > Crime/Mysteries/Thrillers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) What are some of your favorite crime, mysteries, or thrillers? How did you get your start with the genre? Do you have a favorite author in this genre, and what do you think is the difference between mystery and suspense? Alfred Hitchcock gave a wonderful example of the difference, but do you have any thoughts to add as well?

message 2: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) For me, I got my start with mysteries by reading Nancy Drew. My Maw Maw bought me three of her books, and I was hooked from the very beginning. Growing up I read R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike, which were thriller/horror writers for young adult lit. Some of my favorite authors in this field would be Jo Nesbo and Don Bartlett, Michael Connelly, Karin Slaughter, just to name a few.

message 3: by Dustin (new)

Dustin For the most part, I really enjoyed Stieg Larsson.

message 4: by Allyson (new)

Allyson (statsnerd) | 8 comments Autumn wrote: "For me, I got my start with mysteries by reading Nancy Drew. My Maw Maw bought me three of her books, and I was hooked from the very beginning. Growing up I read R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike, wh..."

I LOVE Nancy Drew. I think that may have been my start as well. I remember those being some of the first books I bought myself. My Nana loved them and gave me my first one. From there I moved on to Mary Higgins Clark. I loved her stuff. A lot of the time psychology type stuff was brought in and I always found that fascinating. It used to be that was all I read. I got into more of a fiction/fantasy phase in college and then my husband introduced me to the Cat Who mysteries a couple of years ago. I enjoy reading those with him or listening to the audiobooks on long trips. Now, though, I am in mainly a romance phase. I haven't read a true mystery in quote awhile.

message 5: by Michelle (last edited Jun 21, 2013 06:04PM) (new)

Michelle Jones | 4 comments I read a lot of mysteries. Some of my favorite mystery authors are Agatha Christie, Louise Penny, Steven James, Aaron J. Elkins , Beverly Connor, and Mariah Stewart.