Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Audiobook Narrators?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Bolander | 25 comments I've put my book The Slayer and the Sphinx on ACX.com in the hopes that I'll be able to find a narrator to turn it into an audiobook for me. Do any of you have experience in this? is there anybody you would recommend? Due to financial limitations, I cannot pay them by the hour, as it seems most of them want, but I am more than willing to split the royalties 50/50 with them. Any advice?

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Hill (martinroyhill) | 47 comments Adam, I've considered doing exactly what you're doing. Haven't had the courage to do it yet. Please share you experience and how it comes out.

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments A friend of mine did it and I intend doing it eventually when I get the time. It sounds good.

Here is a link to ACX on Amazon. All the instructions are there:
https://www.acx.com/help/take-advanta...

message 4: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 134 comments I would love to be able toturn my poetry books into audio books at some time. I may take a look at this later. Thanks.

message 5: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 134 comments Hmmmm, took a look. I'm a British citizen so cannot use this service. Ah well! It was worth a shot!

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnemery) | 5 comments I had 2 produced thru ACX. I negotiated a reasonable hourly rate. I was lucky in that a fellow author recommended a narrator who had done his book. She was a perfect fit, did a fantastic job.

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2160 comments If you could get Morgan Freeman then that would be great lol

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) A lot of my writer friends are gung ho into this at the moment and doing very well out of it. Digital audiobooks are a rapidly growing market and the 50/50 royalty split is a great idea for people on a budget.

Unfortunately ... I'm British! ACX isn't available to non-US authors yet but I'm hoping it'll open up soon kind of like Createspace did last year. Here's hoping ...! :-)

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments Not very happy because you can only use AXC if you live in America. So annoying considering I publish all my books on Amazon. I had picked out a perfect narrator for all my stories too. :(

Kim at 24/7 in France | 93 comments I started doing an audio book recording on Audacity, but ended up losing 8 hrs. worth of recording, which discouraged me from trying again. I will check out AXC - thanks.