Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

SF/Futuristic Romance > futuristic romance where they colonize

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 89 comments I love Dara Joy's futuristic romances. Ritual of Proof is a role reversal story on a colonized planet, and her Matrix of Destiny series is the bomb.
Ritual of Proof by Dara Joy
Knight of a Trillion Stars (Matrix of Destiny #1) by Dara Joy Rejar (Matrix of Destiny, #2) by Dara Joy Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3) by Dara Joy

message 2: by Oleander (last edited Jun 10, 2013 10:11AM) (new)

Oleander | 89 comments If you want to add some steam try Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors, #1) by Laurann Dohner

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 1 comments Robin D. Owens has a great series it starts with Heart Mate Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1) by Robin D. Owens

message 4: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 87 comments Ravyn's Flight (Jarved Nine #1) by Patti O'Shea Eternal Nights by Patti O'Shea The Troll Bridge by Patti O'Shea
(The third is a short story that ties in with the series, and originally appeared in The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance  by Trisha Telep )

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Oct 07, 2013 03:02PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
My Man, Michael kind of fits this. Actually, it's also a time travel one as well. It's part of a larger interconnected series by Lori Foster but this is the only one with any sci-fi/PN type link to it. The others are just straight forward romances. Well, unless you count the fact that the "heroes" in all the books are Mixed-Martial Arts stars--from fights that are on TV. I've always thought that those and the wrestling on WWR (or what ever it is) qualify as sci-fi, because they sure ain't "real".

Paganalexandria  | 238 comments I am not a big sci-fi fan but my first grown up romance novel (stolen from my mother's collection) was this old school gem Moondust and Madness (Saar, #1) by Janelle Taylor . Loved it.

Another old school is Warrior's Woman (Ly-San-Ter, #1) by Johanna Lindsey

Newer school Jane's Warlord (Warlord, #1) by Angela Knight

Sherrilyn Kenyon's League Born of the Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Shadows (The League, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 7: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 74 comments Maybe some of Kaitlyn O'Connor's stories would work for you? I enjoyed The Ninth Orb by Kaitlyn O'Connor

message 8: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas Wilson | 2 comments Check out Rinelle Grey. I've heard good things about her stories, and they're romances that feature colonized planets, and the requisite hazards. I'm not much of a romance reader, and haven't had much time to check them out myself, but I've heard they're excellent.

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Quigley (ashleyquigley) Did you like the Hunger Games/The Host. Check out this book, its almost a combination of both, if you are interested. The Breeders Trilogy by Ashley Quigley (read my writing at https //www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ashsprack)

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Richland (anna_richland) | 9 comments Carina Press is publishing more and more futuristic/sci fi - you could spend a long time surfing their site and reading the blurbs for all their books in the sci fi genre.

Caught in Amber Caught in Amber by Cathy Pegau Caught in Amber by Cathy Pegau has a lot of interest (I haven't had time to read it yet - gah - the books are published faster than I can read!) - but it looks quite different and the reviews are really interesting, so that might be a place to start on Carina's sci-fi list.

message 11: by Violeta (last edited Sep 10, 2014 02:58AM) (new)

Violeta (elemenestra) | 5 comments Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown is a one of the best books I have read this year the first half is about the colonization of the planet the next has a hunger games feel to it (there is also a romance in it sort of :D )I am still searching for books similar to it if anyone has something in mind I am open to suggestions :D

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Massey (heather_massey) | 7 comments Nicolas wrote: "Check out Rinelle Grey. I've heard good things about her stories, and they're romances that feature colonized planets, and the requisite hazards. I'm not much of a romance reader, ..."

I can vouch for the "lost colony" aspect in Rinelle Grey's RECKLESS RESCUE. I tagged it at my blog (http://www.thegalaxyexpress.net/2013/...) if you'd like more info.