Ask Tessa Dare - Monday, June 10th! discussion

Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
This topic is about Any Duchess Will Do
58 views
Any Duchess Will Do - potential spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa, Author of Any Duchess Will Do (new)

Tessa Dare (tessadare) | 74 comments Mod
Adding this thread just in case anyone wants to talk specifically about the latest book - share reactions, ask questions, and so forth.


message 2: by Melissa (last edited Jun 10, 2013 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa (balletbookworm) | 7 comments Hi Tessa,

Just two things:
1) I just adore that Griffin's mom calls him "Griffy." Repeatedly. And he never corrects her or asks her to call him Griffin (as far as I recall).
2) What do you suppose happened to Pauline's parents? I'm assuming their dad put up some sort of fuss when Pauline moved herself and Daniela out but likely not much (too much effort).


message 3: by Tessa, Author of Any Duchess Will Do (new)

Tessa Dare (tessadare) | 74 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "Just two things:
1) I just adore that Griffin's mom calls him "Griffy." Repeatedly. And he never corrects her or asks her to call him Griffin (as far as I recall).
2) What do you suppose happened to Pauline's parents? I'm assuming their dad put up some sort of fuss when Pauline moved herself and Daniela out but likely not much (too much effort). "


Great questions!
1) So glad you liked that. I wanted to make it clear that these two really do love each other, deep down - no matter how they bicker and complain. :)
2) Ah, yes. I think I put a mention in the last chapter that she and Daniela still go visit their mother every Sunday - I don't think they'd want to abandon her, poor thing. I imagine Pauline wouldn't have said a word until all the preparations were made, and it was just a matter of letting him know as she walked out the door that she wouldn't be back.


Melissa (balletbookworm) | 7 comments Tessa wrote: "...she and Daniela still go visit their mother every Sunday - I don't think they'd want to abandon her, poor thing. I imagine Pauline wouldn't have said a word until all the preparations were made, and it was just a matter of letting him know as she walked out the door that she wouldn't be back."

I think it helped Pauline to watch Griffin handle her father. It made her realize that her father was really a coward under it all.


Melissa (balletbookworm) | 7 comments Tessa wrote: "1) So glad you liked that. I wanted to make it clear that these two really do love each other, deep down - no matter how they bicker and complain.

Regency dudes would rather get the rack than admit they love their mummies most of all. :p


back to top