The Challenge Factory discussion

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)
This topic is about Blue Bloods
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > ☼ Elishia and Marla reading Blue Bloods

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments ☼ Elishia and Marla reading Blue Bloods

message 2: by Marla (last edited Jun 19, 2013 09:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marla | 785 comments I just finished the book, but I returned it to the library, so I can't look up references...

Questions and observations from whole book...if you comment as you go, I'll try to respond without spoilers...
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Elishia (new)

Elishia I haven't started yet I wasn't sure if you had started. I'll come back and read your comment once i'm caught up.

Marla | 785 comments Just got back from my daughter's mission trip in Miami. Have you started the book yet? If you comment as you read, I'll reply, I can't break into sections, cuz I had to return the book.

I didn't love the book, it reminded me of Gossip Girl set in the Vampire Academy. An interesting premise, but it just wasn't executed well. And the end really left me wanting more answers.

message 5: by Elishia (new)

Elishia What's a Mission trip? it sounds interesting, i'm assuming its a church thing but may be wrong.

No I haven't, I was going to use is for a challenge this week but I saw a lot of my friends just marked it as ok and I read the first line of your review. I like Vampire Academy but not sure if i'd like reading about Gossip Girl. i'll probably still give it ago once i'm caught up. I've been finding it really hard to read for the last 2 months but think i'm slowly getting back in to it again.

Marla | 785 comments No, problem about the book, it wasn't great...if you want to read it, we can always come back here and discuss it.

A Mission Trip is a church thing, my daughter's school took 50 students plus another 8 teacher/parent chaperones and 2 nuns and 1 priest to a Catholic School in Miami to work for one week at a summer camp. The campers were pre-k to 8th grade students, most of them from Haiti and a few from Africa and Cuba. It was an interesting experience but hot and difficult at times and our living conditions were no frills.

It's good to be home and I truly missed my bathroom and shower! I think it was a great experience for my very privileged daughter and I'm glad I was there with her.

message 7: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Do y'all want me to leave this thread or archive it?

Marla | 785 comments I would say probably archive it...Elishia?