An Advanced Victorian Steampunk Roleplay discussion

London Central > The Garden(s)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((RP with approved characters ONLY.))

message 2: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments As they made their way to the garden, Victoria led James to a small gazebo. They were fortunate that it was only two o'clock because by the time four o'clock came around, the park was teaming with young couples, looking for some privacy in the city's cultivated nature. The gazebo they found was still empty and Victoria pulled out a small blanket from James's basket. She opened it up and placed it down on the ground and then sat down on the side of her leg, leaning her weight on one of her arms.

The garden was beautiful--made to resemble a private garden of a wealthy lord. There were flowers, trees, even small ponds with fish and several gazebos scattered throughout the greenery. "What do you think?" Victoria asked James, smiling up at him. She then reached up to pull her goggles off of her eyes and pushed them onto her hairline.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James was surprised by how many couples were dotted around the garden, although he probably shouldn't have been surprised considering the romantic atmosphere the garden had alone. He sat down beside Victoria before taking out the food and lining it up. He had bread, cheese, strawberries and freshly squeezed juice. He didn't think bringing wine would be a good idea for a morning.

He smiled and observed the way her eyes seemed brighter in the sunlight making them almost appear pink. "I think you're even more beautiful in the morning now that I can see you as clear as ... well day." He chuckled. "So what would you like to eat first?" He asked. "We have bread, cheese, juice, strawberries... take your pick."

message 4: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Victoria laughed, blushing at the compliment. "I am only removing my goggles for you," she said, batting her eyelashes. When he took out the food, she sniffed the air. "Oh gosh, it all smells so good! I don't mind, you pick!"

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James couldn't help but admire the blush that matched her eyes so well. "Well I am truly honoured." He told her giving her a part bow, before looking over the food, trying to decide. "Hmm how about you try the strawberries and tell me what you think?" He asked, picking one up and offering it to her.

message 6: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "It looks delicious, thank you!" she said, thinking that it matched her eyes. Plucking it from his fingers, she popped it into her mouth. "Where did you find them? They are amazing!" She grabbed another one from the basket.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James smiled at her appreciative words. "Good, I'm glad you are enjoying them." He murmured. "I got them from a little market stall selling fresh fruits. Apparently they were freshly picked this morning and are just ripe and that now is the perfect time to eat them." He picked one for himself and bit into it, tasting the lovely juice. "Mmm you are right, very nice."

message 8: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "So, what do you enjoy doing? You know, when you're not performing magic tricks?" Victoria asked, giving him a wink. "Or are you from a wealthy family?"

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James didn't know how to respond to her question. He was from a wealthy family but not a family that particularly wanted him around, plus they weren't even from this dimension so technically in this world they were Lords and Ladies at most sort of. "Uh good question I enjoy a lot of things, like the theatre, learning, travelling, magic tricks, reading...how long have you got?" He joked. "What do you enjoy doing?" He asked.

message 10: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "I have all the time in the world," Victoria laughed. "Me? I'm a simple girl. I enjoy having a good time with friends, shopping--I love going to the seamstress!--good food, good drinks, sometimes I even enjoy cleaning my apartment. I enjoy annoying Kinch. What else...?" she tapped her chin. She took a piece of cheese and popped it into her mouth, giving him a small wink.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James chuckled, shaking his head at her sweet joke. "Sounds like a very nice list of things you like to do. "But I agree, good food and drink are something I like as well." He smiled, hearing a bunch of busking musicians trying to get some money from couple to play romantic music. He cut off some bread and some cheese and took a bite. "Yum, nice cheese. So have you ever seen this play before, the one we've booked?"

message 12: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "A very long time ago, when I was a child," Victoria told him. "The orphanage that I grew up in took all of us children one Christmas. I remember crying for weeks afterwards! It was the first sad story I had ever heard, seen, read," she laughed, shaking her head at her childish naïveté. "But it was beautiful, I remember," she said, taking a bite of bread.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James blinked in surprise at the story she told him. He had never thought she had been an orphan, she seemed so ... well her. He smiled and nodded in understanding. "Well I'm glad you had a nice christmas. Unfortunately I've never seen it so I don't know what I'm getting myself into." He chuckled. "It is a very nice day, nice and sunny for once."

message 14: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Victoria smiled and looked up into the sunshine and then back down, squinting and laughing. "I know, London never has weather like this," she said. "God must be smiling," she said sweetly. "Romeo and Juliette is a beautiful play. You will like it, James," she said. She could hear the musicians playing violin for another couple and she smiled. She had never spent time with a man like this. It felt... wonderful.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James chuckled, smiling back at her, not that he believed in god, but then again, there was no proof saying he's real either, but then again there is proof of powerful beings like himself around, so something must be up there. "Well if you enjoyed it then I am sure to enjoy it too." He told her, pouring her a glass of juice. "Here, I hope it tastes ok, I attempted to squeeze it myself, It might be a little to bitter so don't hold it against me." He chuckled.

message 16: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Victoria's face lit up when he handed her a glass. "You squeezed it yourself?" she laughed. "Wow, I didn't know you could cook," she teased. "Thank you."

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James chuckled, giving her a sly look. "Yes thank you I did, but in fact I can cook, I haven't had the time to do so of late but I can, maybe some time I can cook for you at some point." He told her with a smile, sipping the juice, surprised by its sweet yet tart taste. "Huh, not bad if I do say so myself, I imagine the worst." He smiled.

message 18: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Victoria's mouth opened in surprise. "You really can cook?" she asked, her red eyes gleaming like rubies in the sunlight. "James, you never cease to amaze me," she murmured into her juice. "And yes, I would love that," she added shyly.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James smiled, chuckled at the shocking surprised look on her face. It was almost as if a man being able to cook was unheard of. "Well I have to know how to cook with the amount of travelling I have been doing, don't want to starve." He told her. "Maybe sometime I can come around to your house and cook you up a feast, unfortunately the Inn doesn't have cooking facilities."

message 20: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Victoria laughed. "My kitchen is a sad excuse for one too but I would love to see what you can do with it," she said, desperately wanting to think of more reasons to keep him from leaving London. She knew he had said that he wanted to court her, but who knew if he would change his mind? Travelers were travelers for a reason.

message 21: by Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:52PM) (new)

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) James smirked. "I think your kitchen is in descent compared to some I have come across, I once had a kitchen with nothing but a fire and stick." He joked, sensing that something was bugging her, but he didn't dare ask unless it was personal. He sipped some of his juice, glancing at his pocket watch and realised they were going to be late for the play if they didn't get moving. "Apologies we might have to end the picnic, it's time for the play to begin." He told her as he began packing things up.

message 22: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Victoria smiled. "Let's go. You will love the play," she promised.

message 23: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 13, 2013 10:21AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ***END OF SCENE***

message 24: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 20, 2013 04:23PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments When she returned from the countryside with Geoff, Emma had informed Kitara that Kaijian had called. Kitara had sent word to him immediately that she could meet him later on today at the public gardens since her house was just a total mess and she was still on a nature high. Stepping out of the hired coach now, Kitara walked towards the greenery, waiting at the front, smiling at the gentlemen who tipped their hats to her.

"Yes, I am waiting for someone," Kitara said politely to a young man who asked her if she was. He walked away, dejected, and Kitara kept her eyes open for Kaijian.

message 25: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments After his night with Charlotte, Kaijian had actually managed to sleep, though somewhat late. Walking with his hat at its usual tilt, he stepped up to the gate. Looking around, he saw Kitara's familiar face and smiled. Then he strolled over to her, his face bright and happy.

message 26: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara's face broke out into a beautiful smile when she saw Kaijian. She held out her arms to him and hugged him, not caring that they were in public. "I'm sorry I missed your call," Kitara said after giving him a peck on the cheek. She took his hand and they began strolling. "I was on a little vacation in the countryside," she giggled,winking at him.

message 27: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "A wonderful weekend to do it," he replied with a smile. He felt glad to see her, to see a friendly face. "As long as you had a good time, there's no need for you to apologize."

message 28: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 20, 2013 12:18PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara smiled. "I did, little brother. How was your weekend? Oh! Before I forget: Emma wanted me to give this to you," Kitara paused and handed him a parcel with a box in it. "It's cherry cake." She smiled, remembering Emma's sweet face.

"He doesn't have anyone to cook for him, Miss Dietrich."

message 29: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "Thank you. Or at least, send my thanks to Emma." Kaijian took the parcel, his eyes wide with delight. "My weekend was... interesting to say the least. I went on a midnight expedition with a woman, Charlotte, looking for ghosts."

message 30: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara arched a perfect brow at Kaijian. "I hope ghosts were the only thing you went... looking for with a woman I have never heard of," she teased.

message 31: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian laughed and smiled. "It was a chance encounter. I was at the cemetery, just trying to figure out if I can push my abilities. I ran into Charlotte there and she has ghost sensing abilities as well," he explained.

message 32: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Wow, sounds exciting," Kitara said, her chocolate brown eyes dancing. She squeezed his hand as they walked and then asked curiously, "What made you decide to try to enhance your abilities?"

message 33: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "Something a, uh, coworker said," Kaijian said, glancing over at her meaningfully. "And he said something like what you said that I'm something more. I just wonder what that is and what you mean."

message 34: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara nodded knowingly, patting his arm to let him know to say no more. Rhett, you evil bastard, she cursed. "You are definitely something special, Kaijian," Kitara assured him. "Only an idiot would not be able to see it."

She furrowed her perfect brow. Stopping near a gazebo, she sat down with Kaijian and took his hands in hers, looking him directly in the eye. She said, "I think... that while you are special, enhancing your abilities--if they don't develop naturally--should be developed with the help of someone more knowledgeable in how to enhance your talents."

Her memory went back to when Rhett had been learning how to disappear from plain sight. Barin's trainer had guided Rhett. The same kind of master needed to help Kaijian. "Because if something goes wrong--God forbid, something manifests and you can't control it--you will want someone around to help you contain it." She touched his cheek then. "Right?" she asked softly, smiling kindly at him.

message 35: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He laid his hand over hers and smiled. "Yes. I suppose it was reckless for me to even try by myself," Kaijian replied. Then his brow creased as he thought. "But do you think, um, my coworker can help me? Really teach me?"

message 36: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "I... I honestly don't know." Kitara placed her dainty fingers on her temples to massage them as she tried to think. Why would Rhett say this to Kaijian if he didn't believe Kaijian had further potential. Or was he just trying to manipulate Kaijian?

I have to talk to Rhett, she realized dejectedly. But what if I make Kaijian's situation worse?

Finally, Kitara said, "I think that... it would not have been mentioned as a possibility if potential was not seen in you." Kitara was careful never to mention The Saint's name although she knew Rhett didn't care about technicalities. Dammit Kit, you're involved whether you like it or not. She would not leave Kaijian to fend for himself.

"What exact... way do you think your abilities will be enhanced?"

message 37: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I'm not sure," he answered, clasping his hands together and twiddling his thumbs. "I think, like Sèitheach said, that I would be able to communicate and even summon ghosts, though for what reason I should do that is beyond me."

message 38: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 20, 2013 08:21PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara's heart flip flopped and instinctively, she threw her arms around Kaijian, pretending to only hug him but she whispered fiercely into his ear: "Be more careful, you just said a name you shouldn't have."

Pulling apart from him, Kitara smiled innocently, "Being able to summon them would definitely make sense in the greater scheme of things. But this is exactly what I mean: it's risky to try to control a ghost against its will. What happens if you fail the first few times and the ghost tries to retaliate? This is why you want a trainer with you to help you master your abilities."

Rhett, you evil bastard, Kitara cursed again inwardly. Of course he would think a ghost slave army would be useful. "I don't want you getting hurt," she explained to him, touching his cheek again, her eyes full of concern.

message 39: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian looked horrified and glanced around. Now he felt his nerves on edge, knowing how Rhett seemed to have spies everywhere. Slowly, he relaxed at her touch. "Sorry," he said softly. "And it seems I already could have gotten hurt if it weren't for Charlotte. I ran into a hostile ghost for the first time."

message 40: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Kaijian, what are you trying to do to me?" Kitara groaned. She stood up and began to pace. Suddenly, the sky opened up and it began to pour. She laughed as she looked at Kaijian, glad that they were already in a gazebo.

She walked back over to him, knelt in front of him and took his hands in her small ones. "Promise me you won't try it again without a trainer to guide you. Promise me, please."

message 41: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He nodded, his dark brown eyes serious. "I promise to practice my abilities in the presence of a trainer," Kaijian replied. "And I don't want to be in that situation again. It was just a random event."

message 42: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara gave him a beautiful smile and kissed his hands. "And by trainer, I do not mean a random strange girl you meet on the street. I mean... a trainer who was specifically hired to teach you. Let me hear you say it," she said sternly.

message 43: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Sighing, Kaijian pretended to roll his eyes, then he smiled. "I promise to only try it with a guide who was specifically hired to teach me," he said.

message 44: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara rewarded him with another giant kiss on the cheek and then some. She stood up and sat down next to him again. "So be honest: how badly did you freak out when you found lipstick on your face that morning?" she asked cheekily.

message 45: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments His face and ears turned red. "I-I would not like to say. It was quite, um, horrifying if you have to know," Kaijian replied.

message 46: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara never thought that she could laugh so hard. She was sure the other couples stuck in their gazebos because of the rain could still hear her over the storm. Her merry peals chimed like bells in the water. "Oh God, I'm going to die!" she said as she gasped for breath.

Kaijian's embarrassed expression only spurred her on. "I'm so sorry," she said. "It's just so funny because you are so cute!"

message 47: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian looked quite flustered and for a moment, he just stammered. "No, it wasn't funny," he protested, though a smile lingered on his features as he admitted it to himself how ridiculous he reacted.

message 48: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara d'awwed inwardly as she gave him another kiss on the cheek. She hugged him and said, "I am so very fond of you, little brother." She rested her head on his shoulder for a moment.

message 49: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I would hope so for all the trouble I get to," Kaijian replied, letting his arm wrapped around her shoulders in a side-hug.

message 50: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara smiled to herself, not wanting to ruin the moment by telling him that she would miss him because she was leaving for America. She really wanted to take him with her but Rhett had his grip too tightly on Kaijian. He would be on them like a dog sniffing out the scent.

After a few moments, Kitara said, "Well, since we're stuck in this bloody rain, do you want to dig into Emma's cake? Can you believe she wouldn't even give me a single slice?" Kitara said in mock horror.

« previous 1