Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Entwined with You discussion

It was okay

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arlene (last edited Jun 10, 2013 05:25AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Arlene Mcintosh So I know there are a lot of 5 and 6 ratings and I gave it a rating of 3 because I am not sure how I feel about this one. Yes it was mainly focused on Gideon and Eva and I will always love Gideon - his intensity, his love for Eva but I felt there was so many things missing in this book and so many characters and nothing was resolved. When she was dancing at the club and this is what she was thinking "I licked my lips with antcipation, leaning into the guy behind me and rubbing my ass into the roll of his hips" and this is while Gideon was coming toward her - I just hated that part - I guess that is a turn on for some people but I just didn't like it.

And where is Megumi - her friend at work called in sick and that wasn't even resolved. I fell in love with Cary in Bared to you but he needs to grow up a little and choose who he wants and I think he should choose Trey, Trey just wants what is best for Cary and is so in love with him and now Cary might be a father.

The sex as always was hot and itense just the way I like it but I really believe this story should have been wrapped up in this book and I am disappointed that it was not.

Mindy I think this book was written to prepare us for the TV series. It opened a lot of stories with additional cast members.

If this wasn't going to be made into a TV show, I think this book would have been a lot different.

I still enjoyed it though.

message 3: by Joanna (last edited Jun 10, 2013 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanna I found the book boring there was just a lot of sex with no one coming up for air..I agree no growth in any character Eva became more needy which I dint think was even possible,Cary was his same ol I'm so confused about my sexuality I honestly don't see trey giving him a third chance here, I I had it my way Eva and Cary would ditch their respective partners and hook up they're perfect for each other when it comes to being a full on sex tease what was with Eva letting Brett kiss her or dry humping the guy on the dance floor..for someone as insecure as her she sure is living dangerously..

Janice I was so excited for this book as I have fallen in love with the Eva & Gideon but I was a little disappointed....

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Joanna wrote: "I found the book boring there was just a lot of sex with no one coming up for air..I agree no growth in any character Eva became more needy which I dint think was even possible,Cary was his same ol..."

Hi Joanna - I was debating on this book because Eva drives me nuts basically and the reviews aren't the best. I knew about the dance floor thing but I didn't know Brett kissed Eva in this book. Did I misunderstand? I knew he kissed her in book 2.

Arlene Mcintosh Lisa wrote: "Joanna wrote: "I found the book boring there was just a lot of sex with no one coming up for air..I agree no growth in any character Eva became more needy which I dint think was even possible,Cary ..."

Brett was in the book but not for very long and he tried to kiss her - he wants her back but my problem with that is that she needs to cut all ties with him and she doesn't

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Arlene wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Joanna wrote: "I found the book boring there was just a lot of sex with no one coming up for air..I agree no growth in any character Eva became more needy which I dint think was even p..."

Thank you for the response Arlene. I've heard Eva's need to have Brett around because of her sexual attraction to him is ridiculous. After three books if this is her behavior it doesn't seem like she's matured at all. (I know others see her differently so I don't want to offend anyone with my opinion) :)

Paris        (kerbytejas) actual book 2 starts - sex 5 stars

a real dissappointment overall - I had expected a better book.. one with plot, a storyline, character growth, resolution to issues

Arlene Mcintosh Lisa wrote: "Arlene wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Joanna wrote: "I found the book boring there was just a lot of sex with no one coming up for air..I agree no growth in any character Eva became more needy which I dint t..."

I agree with you and everyone has their opinion on this but I just don't understand why Brett even has to be in the book at all - I had a very hard time reading the interaction between Brett and Eva because I felt in someways she was cheating on Gideon. If you really claim to love someone as much as you say you do you would cut the ex out of your life she has asked Gideon to do the same with the women he used to date so why is she any different.

message 10: by Lisa (last edited Jun 10, 2013 11:43AM) (new)

Lisa Arlene wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Arlene wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Joanna wrote: "I found the book boring there was just a lot of sex with no one coming up for air..I agree no growth in any character Eva became more needy w..."

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa EEk - Looks like my post got deleted. So sorry if I offended anyone :)

message 12: by Joanna (last edited Jun 10, 2013 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanna sorry an almost kiss by Brett,she seemed to be basking in his attention and sexual aura,it was soo high school,she cant get enough of Gideon or so she keeps telling him but she cant seem to forget Brett (whatever) after 2 books I expected her to be just more all around.
there was no plot it was just them dealing with the aftermath which is great except that should have wrapped up their story in this book not keep us waiting for book 4 and 5 which would just deal with megumi what could possibly be so interesting there,Cary and his baby issues, Eva and Gideon's wedding and please no baby; with an emotional maturity of a teaspoon I don't see how they can deal with a baby in the mix..

Natalie Townsend This book was very disappointing. The first two books were so good and I think this book spoilt the series.

Paris        (kerbytejas) Joanna wrote: "sorry an almost kiss by Brett,she seemed to be basking in his attention and sexual aura,it was soo high school,she cant get enough of Gideon or so she keeps telling him but she cant seem to forget ..."

great line "emotional maturity of a teaspoon"

message 15: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina I gave it 5 stars, but must say it was a bit boring compared to the first 2. I liked it, but not much happened, probably because the story needs to be stretched out over another 2 books. Day's holding back. Understandable, but it makes the wait for the 4th one unbearable.

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa I was so looking forward to this book... and I did read it in like a day just to find out that there is going to be another which is good cause I do like the whole story but bad because it seemed like this book just stretched out the plot so there could be more books written...kinda a bit of a let down but still fun to read if you cant sleep at night but not exactly what was expected after book 2

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee the characters did not develop , mature , the story barely moved forward .... i dont even know why slyvia wrote this book ....just to add a little addition to the series it seems , it was a disappointment especially after the 2nd book .

message 18: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Jul 13, 2013 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Paris        (kerbytejas) Deeksha wrote: "the characters did not develop , mature , the story barely moved forward .... i dont even know why slyvia wrote this book ....just to add a little addition to the series it seems , it was a disapp..."

it added to the bottom line of book sales - and unlike you and I most people think the book was fantastic (surprised to rated it a 4 star read though)....its just ashame when you have 10-20 pages of plot and the rest is sexual glue, and secondary character substories!

sarah foster I must admit i was really looking forward to this book but for me i was let down was a stuggle to finish it. It was just OK.

Sonja Vikan it was just ok......

message 21: by Eliza (last edited Jul 16, 2013 11:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eliza Mindy wrote: "I think this book was written to prepare us for the TV series. It opened a lot of stories with additional cast members.

If this wasn't going to be made into a TV show, I think this book would h..."

My thoughts exactly, she fitted the book for the show, it started feeling like a mature version of Gossip Girl. The last two better be good. Because at this rate she opened more can of worms as far as drama goes in Entwined. That I don't even know if she can give us closure for in the fourth and fifth book. I still liked it but I feel like instead of Gideon and Eva moving forward which happened in the end of Reflected they took steps back. Cuz the drama she left us with was unbelievable like Tatiana and Cary pregnant and moving in with Gideon and Eva. That's asking for trouble. And then Eva going to SoCal with Brett coming to visit. And Corrine and her suicide its like the drama just got worse and worse as the book progressed and there's no end in sight.

message 22: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Deeksha wrote: "the characters did not develop , mature , the story barely moved forward .... i dont even know why slyvia wrote this book ....just to add a little addition to the series it seems ,..."
i agree....it wasnt bad exactly but after the 2nd book , i expected a lot more

LuzNelly Mendez I was really looking forward to read this book and when I read it I was like REALLY??? what the hell? so much waiting for nothing!!I expect a lot maybe that was my problem!

message 24: by Ren (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ren Alexander I don't know. I think I felt a disconnect with the characters. Cary wasn't even in it as much as I'd hoped. Eva's dad's visit was short and kind of pointless. Nothing really discussed there even though Eva said she was "great." She didn't even lay down the law with her mother that much. To me, I think Gideon is boarding on a creepy sex maniac.

message 25: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina After reading it for the second time last week, I need book 4 to be epic.

Megan I think I gave the book 3 stars as well. I think she should have left it as a trilogy but as we know Lionsgate picked up the rights for it. Book 3 was so pointless and I felt it was there just as fuller to cause more "drama". I read the first two books with much excitement, there was a point to it. This book really had nothing to keep me going, I read it just to finish it, not enjoy.