Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > 2013 NFL Season

Comments Showing 1-50 of 478 (478 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Okay, fellow NFL junkies...while the season is months away, teams have started OTA's and minicamps are beginning...getting pumped and cannot wait for August preseason and September! How do you think your team will do this year?

message 2: by David (new)

David Wilson I have a better feeling than I have in years. I'm a long, long, long time Chargers fan. With an entirely new approach, new coaching / management, beefed up Offensive line and new receivers, I'm hopeful of at least enjoying the season this year.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Agreed, David...although not a fan, I do like Rivers and obviously Norv needed to go.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Chris wrote: "I do like Rivers"

One of NYG's better first round draft picks.

message 5: by David (new)

David Wilson Rivers is good, and with an actual line in front of him, and a coaching staff concentrating on fixing what has happened to him in the last year or so, I'l optimistic. He just got hit WAY too many times last year, and they didn't do anything to fix it.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Steelers fan here, and hopeful as well that we'll not have a swiss cheese O line so that Ben won't get banged up midway thru the season. Glad we got rid of that diva wideout Wallace. Think we did pretty well in the draft, too.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Wow...breaking news...Tebow will sign with the Patriots...interesting...

message 8: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 540 comments Chris wrote: "Wow...breaking news...Tebow will sign with the Patriots...interesting..."

They're smart enough to do something with him. Rex Ryan has no imagination.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Yeah, they certainly didn't use him as they should've except for one game against the Bills. Tebow sure as hell isn't going to be taking snaps for Tom Terrific. Don't think Rex had much to do with that (although he should've being the HC)...Sparano was a terrible OC.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoInc1...

Classic Belichick press conference earlier today.

message 11: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 540 comments If he ever retires from football that guy is going to make a great WH press secretary.

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Hah, Ian...that was funny, and true!

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments Aghhh Tebow with the Pats?! Gahh! Well maybe Brady can teach him how to throw cause right now I've seen monkeys at the zoo throw their own poo better than Tebow throws a football

message 14: by David (new)

David Wilson Chris wrote: "Steelers fan here, and hopeful as well that we'll not have a swiss cheese O line so that Ben won't get banged up midway thru the season. Glad we got rid of that diva wideout Wallace. Think we did..."

Thanks for Stark

message 15: by David (new)

David Wilson Ian wrote: "Chris wrote: "Wow...breaking news...Tebow will sign with the Patriots...interesting..."

They're smart enough to do something with him. Rex Ryan has no imagination."

I honestly think that at running back, used like we did Tomlinson, Tebow would be a real threat...I just don't think he's ever going to be franchise QB material...but he can run.

message 16: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 540 comments Absolutely. I think you'd be crazy to build a team around him at QB, but he does throw well enough to always be a trick play threat.

message 17: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Yeah, right...agreed but still, with the Broncos in the playoffs, he beat my Steelers...as QB...but I think he needs to rebuild his image as QB...whatever that is.

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Hey David, if you spot a sixties blue collar Steelers fan, that'd my uncle...been living in SD since the late 70's...

message 19: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Gee, guess it really sucks to be a Pats fan these days...

message 20: by Lexa (new)

Lexa Cain (lexa_cain) | 21 comments The 2013 season can't get here soon enough! :-)

message 21: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Amen, Lexa...who's your team?

message 22: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments The helicopters around here are in pursuit of Aaron Hernandez..its crazy!

message 23: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments So sad. A Gator gone bad.

message 24: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Gary, did you the Sports Funny Page thing ala Pulp Fiction? I shared it on FB...freakin hilarious...but yeah, it doesn't look good...

message 25: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments No, Chris, I missed that one. Will have to go back and check.

message 26: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments I thought the 2012 season was entertaining for the first three weeks, the rest of was ho hum. Hopefully the 2013 season will have something to compare to that!

message 27: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Really, Squire? Didn't think so, what with all the storylines...well, perhaps of you were a fan of a terrible team then I could see your point.

message 28: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments I don't know. Been a diehard Buccaneer fan for 37 years. They were bad for a while, had about 7 years where they were good to great, now they're mediocre.

I love watching the NFL. But the chaos of the first three weeks was priceless. I was sorry when it ended.

It's all entertainment anyway. And the first three weeks WERE entertaining.

message 29: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments Im going to be going to Patriots Training Camp next month like I do every year. Since no Hernandez or Gronk but with Tebow this should be interesting...

message 30: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Kudos for being a loyal fan, Squire...every team at some point goes thru that rebuilding phase, but while I think Schiano (sp?) seems like a good coach, not sure if Freeman's their QB future; shame, too, because the kid had promise a few years ago.

Justin, that's cool. I'd love to visit my team's camp once, but hell, Latrobe Pennsylvania is too damn far away! I did, however, go to a game a few years ago...Steelers versus the Bucs...we whalloped them, lots of fun...sorry, Squire!

message 31: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments I was really hoping Freeman was the future. A Kansas boy, too! Oh, well.

The last great QB they ahd was Doug Williams! Maybe the only great QB they ever had.

message 32: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments What, not Dilfer? ;)

message 33: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments Great QB. Not mediocre to good.

message 34: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Naw, just messing with you. I think Dilfer's a decent analyst, though.

message 35: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments That he is. He gets carried away with Dilfer's Dimes, though.

message 36: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 540 comments Dilfer has a ring. Not a great QB but the right guy for the job, just like Johnson when the Bucs won.

I'm also a Bucs fan, but I'm really a much bigger fan of college ball than the NFL.

message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Yeah, true. I often find it amusing when some analysts get highly critical of, say, another QB, and then they didn't exactly "light it up.". Really, Dilfer won a ring behind a helluva defense.

message 38: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments And true that, too, Squire, about Doug Williams!

message 39: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments Doug Williams was not a great quarterback.

message 40: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments Aside from being a Pats fan I'm also a Buccs fan. Freeman seems like a good Fantasy QB but his play doesn't translate well into the real thing. He may have this year to prove his worth. They got a real talent with Doug Martin at running back. Lets see how Revis Island plays out in Tampa.

message 41: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Perhaps not, but the best one the Bucs ever had, arguably...

message 42: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Justin, my wife's a Jets fan...she's hoping that Revis blows out his ACL...

message 43: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments Ha! Good chance he does if hes not fully healed

message 44: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Wow...breaking news...Pats tight end Hernandez taken from his home in cuffs by police...

message 45: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Wow, that was quick...Pats just released Hernandez...they better get Tebow ready to catch passes...

message 46: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments I heard a helicopter hovering over my house for an hour because Hernandes was 2 blocks away at the courthouse being charged...smh craaaazy!

message 47: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments *Hernandez

message 48: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Damn, the hits keep coming for former Pats TE Hernandez...

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rb...

message 49: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Getting excited as all 32 teams kick off training camps...hell yeah!

message 50: by Glyn (new)

Glyn Gardner | 15 comments Gettin' excited! Cowboys fan here. I'm afraid we're going to do the same as every year. Come close, fall short, and pray Jerry Jones will either have a stroke, or hire a general manager. :(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10