The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

In the Press, Blogs, and Sites > 10 Historical Thrillers You Have To Read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmine (last edited Jun 10, 2013 05:08AM) (new)

Jasmine Schwartz (jasmineschwartz) | 31 comments From the blog of crime writer Matt Rees:

http://www.mattrees.net/2013/06/10/10...

message 2: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5380 comments Mod
Thanks for the link. I've previously read The Alienist and it was indeed excellent. I enjoy Barbara Cleverly's Joe Sandiland books. I've added The Coffee Traders, The Silence and Morality Play to my TBR list.. :0) Another excellent historical thriller is Spies of the Balkans by Alan Furst. I've read two of the Night Soldier series so far and both have been excellent.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Schwartz (jasmineschwartz) | 31 comments Thanks Bill - I haven't read ALan Furst yet. Enigma is one of my all time favorites.

message 4: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
I loved the movie version of Enigma too.

message 5: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 536 comments Thanks Bill, I just ordered Spy of the Balkans. Have
not read Alan Furst.

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Schwartz (jasmineschwartz) | 31 comments Yes Donna - the movie was terrific.

message 7: by Kate (last edited Jun 12, 2013 09:50AM) (new)

Kate Vane (katevane) I've read and enjoyed Enigma and The Coffee Trader, though I think David Liss's 'Weaver' novels are even better than The Coffee Trader. I think I read The Athenian Murders but don't remember much about it so it can't have made much of an impression.

So many others I'd like to add, eg Robert Wilson's A Small Death in Lisbon, various novels by Arturo Perez-Reverte, Ian Pears...

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Schwartz (jasmineschwartz) | 31 comments Thanks Kate. Just put A Small Death in Lisbon on my to read list.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Small Death in Lisbon (other topics)
Spies of the Balkans (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alan Furst (other topics)