Anything Goes! discussion

Are you an author?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Isaac (stephenrisaac) | 8 comments Mod
Are you an author?

Tell us about you work? Genre? summary? where can we find it? do you have a website?

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Isaac (stephenrisaac) | 8 comments Mod
I will go first.

My first published novel is called Until We Die.

Here is the summary of of my Smashwords.com site:
Events in Damon Drake's past lives caused him to kill a girl in the present day. Detective Davis was merely looking for viable information on a cold case. Instead they take a dive into the darker side of history, in this epic thriller. The world's possibilities revealed; the blindfold removed.

It fits into the historical, suspense, thriller genres. My publisher classified it as horror LOL but it not.

My website is www.stephenrisaac.com

message 3: by Joanie (new)

Joanie Bolton (JoanieBolton) | 1 comments Eek, I am so excited to find this group! I am a first time author in the Jacksonville area. My book is called With Unwashed Hands, A True Story. A Doctor's Betrayal ~ Divine Deliverance. My website is www.withunwashedhands.com.
This story was written after my husband nearly lost his life at the hands of an anti-American doctor. At the same time I nearly lost him (twice!) I had a deep loss half way around the world. There was nothing I could do, I could not leave his side. There were many miracles during our 2 months stay in third world countries. I have some medical quotes from an MD and RN's to testify that my husband should not be alive. I am excited to see what this group is all about! But I will be busy this week as we are hosting a celebratory book party this Friday night and ironically, we will be hosting the very lady that housed us for three weeks in Thailand! What perfect timing! =)

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Kerrigan | 1 comments I live in Green Cove Springs. Here is an excerpt written by Lamar Thames, formerly with The Florida Times Union: In Clay County Florida, where power, prestige and political persuasions run generations deep…Joe Kerrigan has written a powerfully intuitive mystery novel, titled “Greed”. It unravels layers of crime and corruption in the fictitious Northeast Florida town of Bates Run… It shouldn't be surprising that Kerrigan has another book in the planning stages. After all, he spent 40 years in the publishing and advertising world, so writing is in his blood.. . He fondly remembers the area from a stint with the Navy Band while stationed at Jacksonville Naval Air Station in the 1950s. That music background is one of the traits he shares with the protagonist of the book, Grady Skinner. The other is a fondness for sailing. The book is terrific. It is a page-turner…I was especially pleased with the characterizations, local descriptions and the way Joe would occasionally summarize events, keeping the casual reader abreast of what at times is an involved plot that tugs at the underbelly of the worst dregs of society: greedy politicians. Just so readers know, the book is a work of fiction and bears no resemblance to real people, even if some readers think they might detect clues that say otherwise. It just proves that Joe was a quick study in grasping some of the finer points of Southern politics, even if he isn't from around here. Available in Kindle and softcover.