The After discussion

Outerlands > The Jailhouse Inn

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Pennie “ᙓᕓᙓᖇϒ〇ᘉᙓ’ᔕ ᙧᙓᖳᖇᗪ‚ ᖳ’ᙨ ᙪᖳᔓᗩᖇᖇᙓ” | 259 comments Mod
This is where Hunter lives. Her slightly sunken jailhouse with all of her precious possessions in a box. There are stashes of supplies around the place and the jail cells have broken doors, so stop worrying about being locked in.

Hunter was sitting in her lookout/room. A gun twirling around her finger. She sighed and looked at the ground, there was no customers, nothing to do. She clenched her jaw and bit her tongue. Being alone sucked just as much as being with someone. She wanted someone new in her inn... anyone.

(( My posts aren't that long... if you don't mind ))

Hunter sighed as no one came. She cursed a bit under her breath and sighed. She nabbed her little crate of belongings and searched through it. There had to be something to do.
She had cleaned her gun, loaded her gun, even cleaned her gun again! Being alone sucked, as she had thought before.
She sighed, finding; only the bible that was left here, a few photographs, a few papers that were left here as well, a few pens that probably couldn't work, and an old coke bottle. She growled under her breath. Then threw the crate back where it should be.

(( Okay good... and :P to you too ))

Hunter perked up when there was a knock on her door. She grinned, but grabbed her gun. She slowly came to the lower level and opened the door, aiming the gun at the visitor. It was just in case someone was to nab her or her supplies. "What's your business?" She growled.

Hunter looked her up and down, then nodded. The barrel of the gun was pointed up to the roof. "You better not be lying..." she mumbled. Then stepped aside. "Welcome to the Jailhouse Inn, where you have the freedom of a broken cell." Then pointed to one of the cells. "You can stay in there, no shooting or hurting others in this place." She climbed up a ladder and went to her lookout.

Hunter watched her from the look out. "Why are you staring at me?" She asked, a little rudely. She didn't hear her. "Is there something wrong or have you been outside too long?" She asked again.
Hunter glared a little at her visitor.

Hunter watched Livi, noticing the lie. A skill she picked up from a while back. "Did I look like your dead sister or something?" She asked, coldly. Then looked away. "It has, there used to be jail doors on the cells..." she said. "I wish there were," she muttered under her breath, then went back to her lookout.

(( Thank you B) I figured her history would've made her that way ))

Hunter stopped in her tracks and looked at Livi. "Your apology doesn't make any sense..." she muttered then looked at her with ((cold, dead eyes (jk) )) fierce look, she didn't want to waste her time. "I'm Hunter and it's not a problem. If you want to be a bother then go to my room, which is the lookout. But I may just shoot you in the shin if you do." Then turned her back and went to her room, her scar showing just a tiny bit.

Her eyes widened and blushed. Her footing stopped and slowly turned towards Livi. Hunter aimed her gun at her. "Why would you want to know?" She asked roughly. She had always tried to get rid of the stupid burn. Too bad it had stayed like that forever. She never wanted to be classified as that, it disgusted her.
Her finger quickly clicked safety off and took her aim at Livi.

Hunter clicked safety back on and dropped her gun. "No way..." she whispered. All of the other victims she had met had died. She walked up to Livi and looked at her arm. "My god..." she mumbled. Never had she had seen survivors.

Hunter pulled away and looked up at her. "I'm sorry..." she mumbled then nodded. "I was attacked when I was guarding my house... It clawed my back." She sighed and picked up her gun then went up to her room. "Have a nice night," she called.

Hunter sighed, never had she opened out about that painful day. She sighed and grabbed her sleeping bag and slowly fell asleep.

Her footsteps. Circling the perimeter of the house. The crunch of autumn leaves. Something was close. A loaded gun at hand. There was a definite chance it was a deer.

Then the slimy animal came out instead, it attacked her on the back. Its claws digging deep into her skin. The little girl started screaming, crying for help. She tried to shoot the animal, worthless. The beast tore up her shirt, covering her back. Then soon left, having caused mayhem. The little girl was laying on the ground, the smell of dead leaves filling her nose. That was it for hours and hours...
The only thing proving she was alive was the burning and stinging of her back and the dead leaf smell.

(( ... Just next day? And they are talking... but Hunter won't open up... so Livi uses her telepathic stuff??? ))

(( Sorry!!!!!!!! ))

Hunter had just woken up, a soft groan escaped her mouth. Her body sat up and stretched. Hunter went over to her stash of food and ate a few crackers and drank a coke. Then went to the lower level to give the visitor the same. She then went up to her room and cleaned her gun, like she always did in the mornings.

Hunter was still cleaning when she heard her guest stirring. She smiled a bit and put the gun in the corner. She slowly drank the last bit of coke she had and tossed the can. A sigh escaped her mouth, thinking about her guest. She's a mutant too, who lost someone, and she's on her own... sort of like me... Hunter thought. Her eyes glanced up at Livi. "You stay outside of my room, or I'll shoot your shin," she said coldly.

(( And bbl again >.< ))

(( :O I love your post! Hunter won't know a thing! >:)

Until she feels somethings in her mind... ))

Hunter rolled her eyes. "No one goes into my room, no matter how close they are to me," she said coldly. Then watched her for a few seconds before cleaning the rest of her gun.
Once that was done, she laid over her sleeping bag. Her eyes at the ceiling, hands behind her head. It was one of the ways she conquered boredom, to go in her head and make up stories and such. It is a little insane, but being in solitude did that to someone. A sigh escaped her mouth as she dove into her 'imagination'.

As Hunter closed her eyes and dove into her own box. She felt something weird. She felt someone watching her, not physically, mentally. As if someone was watching her memories. Her box fell apart around her, watching the scene of long ago. The acursed scene that she dreamed of every night since she had killed her father. Hunter could feel the damned creature on her back again, clawing her. Her eyes widened as she sat up into reality again. A scream almost escaped her lips as she felt her mind being prodded open. All the things she had never dared to think of were happening again. This time, Hunter did scream and held her head in her hands. Her mind was the only place was she was truly alone, without pain or emotions. It scared her, as if she was a little girl again.

Hunter slowly stopped and slowly looked up at Livi. She felt such anger, such pain and hatred for her, she could feel her cheeks flare with anger. "I'd forgive you if I didn't just feel that scene, watch it all over again," she growled. "Now that I know what you can do, why don't I show you what I can do?" She asked, her voice filling with rage.
Hunter moved away from the mutant, the real mutant. She concentrated on Livi and closed her eyes. Then Hunter imagined her being thrown out of Hunter's room. Then dropped over the entrance of her cell.
Once she was out of her room, Hunter slowly laid back down. "You're a monster," she yelled to her, now, unwanted guest.

(( D: poor Livi :( ))

Hunter stayed quiet for long moments, listening to the apology. She stared at the ceiling, wondering if it was worth to even accept the apology. She could never hold a grudge against someone, it was impossible in this state of the world. "I'll tell you what, Livi. I will accept your apology if..." She paused for suspense. "You get me a can of coke," Hunter said, a smile playing at her lips. "I'm also sorry for flinging you across the room, just my mind's a private place." Hunter sighed and whispered, "It's a place without pain..."

(( It's k ))

Hunter shook her head. "It's okay, get yourself a can and sit by me. This time I give you permission to come into my room," she said, catching the can. She put the gun on the table nearby and gave a half smile. "Well, let's forget it. I can't hold grudges against people out here. It's impossible." Then her smile faded when Livi asked her question. "I just have a really bad past... All starting from the creature," she mumbled.

Hunter smiled, feeling a bit weird that someone was in her room. "I meant, if I hold a grudge on a guest, they usually don't stay twice," she mumbled then she sighed as she watched Livi. "I got some stuff for that I could give you," she suggested and grinned a bit at the compliment. "When you're alone, your mind wanders and does stuff. I make stuff float around. As I spent my time here, one of the things I would resort for last," she explained. "But thank you... you're very strong too, my mind's guarded."

Hunter nodded. "I get a nosebleed and a headache if I try to lift something too much. It's the same here." She loved having someone to relate to, it was amazing. Hunter smiled inside her head until another question came up.
Hunter rubbed the back of her neck. "It's a long story..." she whispered. "But seeing we have all the time in the world, since there's no one around. I guess I'll tell..."

Little Jenna was feeling brave and confident today. She wanted to guard the house with her gun and stuff. The little girl actually wanted to find the damn creature that gave her the burns on her back. Her dad denied every offer she made, saying, "It's too harsh for a little girl." or "What if you get hurt again?" It annoyed Jenna very much.
At dusk she asked one final time, then her dad gave a long lecture about how he found her, what could've happened, and why he wouldn't let her go out alone, especially after sun down.
This made the little girl mad, her own dad wanted to protect her from this messed up world. There were some dangers already and she knew she could defend herself anyways.
Her dad kept ranting on and on about her mother and before all the mutants and dying. He just kept talking and talking and talking. She wanted it to be silent, just so they could calm down. Her mind thought of those funny cartoons where someone was crushed and wouldn't talk again.
That's what little Jenna did, she imagined a box floating over her father then crushing him so he'd be silent. Her father never taught her physics or cartoons were fake...
That night her dad had died, by being crushed under a weight of a box. Jenna thought her dad would start telling her to remove the box off of him, but no pleas came.
The little girl became worried and lifted the box off her daddy, seeing his body all blue and black. It made the little girl cry as she made him look like he was sleeping.
When the kidnappers found the little girl, they tricked her into thinking that they would help her, they then knocked her out.
After that painful memory, she was sent to work as an apprentice, working up to be a guard or a kidnapper. Her name was changed to Hunter because of her aim. Then she escaped.
After a few months on her own, she found a jailhouse and made it an inn. She painted the logo on the front, then kept to herself in the lookout. She still called herself Hunter, her old name was dirtied by murder...

"And that's my past of how they captured me, and up to now."

(( Nuuu!!! And thanks! It took so long *sigh* -.-' ))

Hunter watched her with a confused look. She never thought her past sad, just painful. When Livi hugged her, Hunter's eyes widened. She gulped and slowly hugged back. "It's not your fault and I was a kid. My dad taught me well enough to know that killing was wrong," she told her. She sighed and pulled away. "We are miles away from the nearest base. I haven't seen another mutant crawl here in ages. We are both fine, and if needed be... I have a gun and I'd shoot them in the face," she said with a half smirk and pretended to aim a gun. Then looked over at Livi again and sighed. "You don't need to feel bad for me, it was a long time ago and you shouldn't be crying about it." She gave her a tissue.

(( Thanks! Happy Independence Day!! :D ))

Hunter watched her rubbed the back of her neck. She usually didn't cry, in fact she hadn't cried in a long time before today. Her eyes went wide when Livi explained what was going on with the other mutants. Hunter gave the best half smirk she could. "Damn right we will be ready for them. I'll teach you how to shoot," she said, grabbing her gun.

Hunter sighed and looked down. "It's not like I'm teaching you how kill someone... just how to protect yourself..." she mumbled. "I almost never shoot anything anyways," she explained.
Hunter learned how to shoot when she was five, she barely used that skill.

Hunter took a few steps back and sighed. "Then I will find you a knife or something that you could use that is effective, you wouldn't want to touch that dragonfly, or the beast that harmed me. Would you?" She asked with a serious look. "I learned how to aim and shoot a gun at the age of five, surely I can teach you how to defend yourself with a weapon."

Hunter stood up and pulled out the bullets. "I'm not going to make you shoot with bullets, it's unreasonable and it could hurt one of us." She frowned and sat by Livi. "Only use this in emergencies, I don't have much bullets and it's hard enough to get some," she said, rubbing her back. "I'm going to teach you how to clean a gun, no need of hurting anyone." Hunter sighed and smiled at her.

Hunter brought out a cloth and a spray. She sprayed the cloth and gave the cloth to her and the gun. "There's no bullets and safety is on, go ahead and clean it. Wipe it over with the cloth," she explained. She sat in a corner, arms crossed, and on her knees.

Hunter watched her and tilted her head. "It's not a stain, you could mess something up with that much pressure," she explained. "Unless there are stains, then you have to use pressure." She sighed and looked down. "I've never taught anyone before..."

Hunter shrugged. "You're a lot of firsts. First to make me open up, first to make me cry... first mutant I've met that's like me," she said to her. Then watched her and smiled. "You're doing well." This girl may have said that she couldn't aim a gun, but Hunter definitely thought that she could teach her. A half smirk came to her face.

(( XD ))

Hunter turned away and put a monotone mask on. "Sorry... habit," she mumbled then looked at her hands. She remembered when she was back in the cruel apprenticeship. It made her spine shudder, she hated that hell. The one place where it hurt the most.

(( sorry it's short, but I haz an idea

A few weeks later, Livi knows how to shoot and stuff and mutants attack the Inn or some RR people come along and try to kidnap them both ))

Hunter smiled a bit and nodded. She stood up and gathered some things. Then motioned Livi to come outside with her. She was excited, she hasn't seen a bullet leave the gun in a very long time. She grabbed the gun and put some bullets into the barrel. "You simply aim at a target I'm going to create and I will send the bullet out of the barrel. No noise, no bullets wasted." She explained as she created a target.

Hunter smirked and watched her. Then shot the bullet out of the barrel, the bullet hit the target, not the bulls eye. She clapped and grabbed the bullet. "Very good for a first shot." She loaded the gun again and told Livi to aim again. "Just aim and tell me when you got your aim."

Hunter nodded as she pushed the bullet out of the barrel onto the thin target. It was closer to the bulls eye, which made her proud. "Now that, my friend, is at least average of most people," she said, smiling. "You're making real progress." She bent down to pick up the bullet then loaded the gun again. "Do it again, but take five steps back."

Hunter waited a few seconds before sending the bullet out of the gun, hitting the target again. She smiled as it hit just a little above the last one. She made another target and loaded the gun again. "Now, take five more steps back. If you can't shoot it from there, take a step up." Hunter stood back and watched.

Hunter watched her like a hawk. When she stood aiming for a few moments without moving, she sent the bullet out of the barrel, hitting a little below the last time. A wide grin was on her face. "Are you sure you have bad hand eye coordination? Because you're doing quite well."

(( sorry it's short and it took long >.< ))

Hunter shivered a little at the vision, but laughed a little. "Maybe it's the motivation of protecting yourself from the other mutants that didn't take it well," she said, shrugging. She shook her head getting rid of the images. "How young were you when you first tried to learn?"

Hunter nodded. "I'm guessing you didn't have anyone to teach you... you taught yourself?" She asked. It seemed appropriate. They both had no family, no friends... They were very similar...
Hunter loaded her gun again. "Take five more steps back."

Hunter watched her lower the gun and frowned. "You have to try, please. Just aim and tell me if you can fire. Then this lesson is over, okay?" She said. Then made another target, brighter and more noticeable. "Try it now, for me." She stood with her arms crossed and waiting for the command to push the bullet out of the barrel.

Hunter nodded at Livi and flicked her wrist, the bullet going out of the barrel. It shot through the air on to the corner of the target. She sighed. "At least you hit the target," she said. Then got the bullet and loaded the gun. But took it in her arms after she was done. "Let's go inside and talk and relax."

Hunter took down the targets and walked into the inn. She went through her crate and found some lunch that could suffice. She brought it up to her room and put the gun away. She gave Livi some lunch and sat in her corner. "I think you did well, even if the last shot wasn't what it could be... I think it was okay."

Hunter shook her head. "Stop putting yourself down! I think you did great, seeing how your previous attempts have failed miserably. Even the ones..." She stopped talking to take a shudder. "that I had taught couldn't even clean their own gun!" She smiled a bit, hearing about her own shooting skills. "I will shoot one day, but I'd have to get bullets, I don't keep a stock here."

Hunter shook her head. "I have to walk to a base and trade for it. It's a one day hike through the woods. It's how I get most things around here." She bit the inside of her cheek. "Since no one ever comes around here, it's easy to camp out and there's barely any animals. I'd float myself there, but it takes too much energy..."

Hunter shrugged. "Soon, if I want to get you your own gun," she said. Then picked up her own gun. "I'm going to pack for it, I'd ask you to stay here... but I know that you'd want to fight." She shrugged and walked out to start and pack.

Hunter nodded slowly. "I'll let you come with, but you go by my instructions," she said. Then started to pack her clothes, food, a tent, some tarps, and a few things to trade. She then went down to the lower deck. "Ready, let's go." She said, then started to walk out with a back pack on her back and a gun at hand. She took off the Jailhouse Inn sign and threw it inside.

Hunter slowly walked to a small trail that led deep into the forest. She continued to walk, the 10 pound bag slowly making her slouch. She continued to look ahead for any animals or mutants.
She started to float her bag a little so it was off her shoulders. It didn't hurt as much..

« previous 1 3