The After discussion

New Republic Settings > Trading Market

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Pennie “ᙓᕓᙓᖇϒ〇ᘉᙓ’ᔕ ᙧᙓᖳᖇᗪ‚ ᖳ’ᙨ ᙪᖳᔓᗩᖇᖇᙓ” | 259 comments Mod
This is where people trade their things for other things or buy supplies. Merchants and their apprentices trade and sell. This is where all are welcome, unless... you are at the R.R. Bases. Then you're in trouble. People pay good money to survive, even better money for their loved ones.

After one and a half day and a full night, Hunter and Livi finally reached their destination. Hunter gave her best half smile and started to walk among the crowd. She was met to glares and hollers, but what she was going to trade for was perfect.

Hunter walked to a gun shop and started to talk. She reached into her pocket which had a few cans of coke. "Everyone loves coke, soda at the very least." She said before slowly walking away.

(( XD ))

The merchant stopped her. "I'll take up on your deal," he said. "A gun and a magazine. 9 caliver, any different the deal is off," Hunter said taking a coke can. She motioned for Livi to check out the guns. Wouldn't want her to get stuck with a gun of another person's choice.

The merchant shook his head. "I'll let you have anything you want! In my store or my brother's store!" He said, begging.
Hunter looked at Livi and smirked. "Fine, give me ten magazines. For each of us and a pistole for my friend here," she said casually. "Who's your brother?"
The merchant pointed across the street to the food store. "I'll tell him that we have our drinks for tonight," he said.

The merchant left the store and told the two to grab whatever they like.
Hunter grabbed herself some bullets for her gun and Livi's gun. She then grabbed a nice looking pistol and showed her how to hold it and shoot it. "It better than lugging a shotgun around, I'll tell you that," she said, smirking. "By the way, great haggling, all these people are suckers for a drop of soda, it's pathetic."

Hunter nodded and put the items in a bag she had. Then went across the street to the food store. She smirked, there were ailes and ailes of food. Her mouth watered slightly. Then she went off to restock their food.

Hunter got two apples to eat on the way back and a jug of water. She went around the aisles grabbing boxed pasta and trail mix. She got a few boxes of crackers and got a container filled with lemonade mix. She smiled and went to find Livi after grabbing a few of everything, except the jug and the apples.

Hunter spotted Livi and gave her the apple. "Good choices, put them in the bag and we can go," She said, tossing her apple between her hands. "If we go now, we could get some meat and cook something by the fire. And if mutants come we got a stock of bullets and two guns," she said, smirking a bit.

Hunter grabbed a packaged steak and slipped it in her stuffed bag. She walked out of the food store, chomping on the apple. She started to walk out of the market.
(( If you don't mind, I'm adding another person into this. >:) ))

Ryan walked around, tossing his knife about in his hands. He looked up and saw two girls having packs filled with food and eating apples. He tilted his head, never seeing them before. As second in command, he walked up to them. "Hello ladies, I'm Ryan and you are?"

Hunter watched Livi fluster and smirked. Then looked at the guy in front of them as her face was wiped of anything readable. "I'm Hunter and she's Livi," she said, emotionless. She needed to get out of here, and this guy was not helping.

Ryan watched one of the girls stutter and smiled a bit. "I'm Ryan and I'm second in command here, you must be new here, since I've never seen you two, beautiful ladies around," he said, smirking a bit. He gently reached out to stroke the cold girl's cheek.

Hunter glared and slapped him across the face. "Don't you dare touch me," she growled.

Hunter shook off her hand and glared. "If flirty boy here didn't just touch my cheek, I'd be on my way," she growled.

Ryan glared at her and looked at the crowd. "Didn't you just hear who I was?" He said, backing away. "I might as well lock you up just for glaring at me," he said, the crowd growing bigger.

(( I was planning that she'd cause some trouble XD ))

Ryan pushed her away. "You want to get arrested as well?" He growled at her. "I'd have to search your person and your bags."

Hunter rolled her eyes and started to push through the crowd. The crowd pushed her down and glared.

Ryan went wide eyed and pulled out his silver knife and placed it against her neck. "I will if you get off," he said, pressing the blade, slicing through a layer of skin.

Hunter got up and went to punch some people. She punch one guy who had pushed her. The fight broke across the crowd.

Ryan pulled away and yelled, having a very bad migrane. He knelt down as the crowd stopped fighting.

Hunter looked at Livi and grabbed her arm, dragging her through the crowd. "Now we have to go," she whispered through gritted teeth.

Hunter sighed and ran. They were in so much trouble...
She ran back to the forest, not even caring about the weight.

Hunter stopped and took a long breather. "Well pretty boy back there, decided to flirt and I slapped him. Then I left into the crowd and I was pushed down. You started a fight with him... then... you used your telekinetic stuff... and we ran," she said between breaths.

Hunter started to walk beside her. "We can, they let you in with coke. Which I have plenty of them." She smirked. "I've gotten in trouble there before, don't worry."

Hunter smiled a bit. "They are, it's a trading place. I would've lived there, but I live with my own rules."

Hunter shook her head. "I've never seen him around and he seems like a suck up ass to me," she said, smirking. "If I ran into him again, I'm just going to have to give him a hug!" She said sarcastically sweet. "With my hands, around his neck," she said, glaring at where they came from. "He's high up, they train them..."

Hunter smiled. "He would, but we can run faster. And he's an ass." She started to walk again. "And he won't, once we're in the forest, there's no point in chasing after." She had been here over fifty times, and she always got into some trouble, one way or another.

Hunter nodded. "And we have a steak we can split at dinner, this day turned out to be great." She said. "Other than the fighting, threatening, pushing, and running." She laughed a bit. "It will, that box I have is filled with crackers, and that's it. It's nice getting a change.

Hunter shrugged. "I have, you just start a fight and hurry away. It's effective." Then smirked. "You did well with that guy, giving him a piece of you."

Hunter tilted her head. "What's an aneuris-thingy?" She asked. She never really got an actual education. In fact she had never learned to read or write very well either. She would've taught herself, but she didn't have the materials...

Hunter nodded. "So you read minds and move stuff?" She asked. "And you can definitely swoon," she said, joking, thinking about how nervous she was in front of Ryan. She smirked, it was funny watching her trip over her words.

Hunter looked at her and laughed. "Oh you were swooning alright. I... uh... we... uh" Then laughed so hard she had to stop. "God! You were just blushing and gawking at him!"

Hunter rolled her eyes, feeling the joke was over. "Yea... yea... I'd doubt he even has parents. They were probably killed after he was trained," she said casually. "I think you'd have to go beyond the grave to talk to his parents."

Hunter shrugged and walked. "Just walk till we get to a new campsite." She continued to walk even though there was two more pounds of weight to carry on her back.

(( Welcome back :D and idk, it doesn't show who viewed it.... but some people like to read the stories... which I really hate ))

Hunter continued to walk until she found the clearing from last night. But in the midst of finding it, she had to listen to Livi's whistling... which annoyed the crap out of her. What is a mutant found them? Or someone from the Trading Market? Whistling a good tune wasn't helping anyone. She sighed in relief as she started camp, telling Livi to do something other than whistle the annoying tune. All with rudeness.

(( And a perfect time to jump in ))

Hunter sat up the fire place and made a make shift grill. Then she went to set up the sleeping bags. She also checked on the meat and the guns. She cleaned both of the guns, filled them up with ammo and put them on safety, grinning as if she was the happiest person in the world.

(( maybe now, when they're separated ))

Hunter noticed that she had not come back, which scared her. She didn't know if she was alive or had she been captured? Her mind wandered down paths of dangerous scenarios.
She heard a twig snap nearby...
"Livi?"

Hunter picked up a gun as the hideous creature showed itself. She aimed and clicked safety off. Her body shaking, remembering last time. Her whole being was trembling in fear of the sight of this thing! And it wasn't even close enough to cause any harm. If this was normal life, she'd be a regular girl freaking out about a spider.

Hunter took shaky aim and fired at the small creature. She saw that she missed, which was a very sad thing for her. Her aim is always good, on the nose... sometimes literally on the nose. She watched the small doe fumble about before looking up at her... it looked about the size of a regular deer... but not as graceful. The doe looked at Hunter with eyes that were crossed, its body twisted in ways that weren't natural. The doe stumbled to her, making a weird noise...

Hunter freaked out and shot it, not liking the hideous thing... but killing it was a bad idea.

Hunter heard stomps from behind her, it must've been the mother of the now dead baby deer... mutant. She took quiet steps away as the doe sniffed the now dead, but bleeding baby. The doe started to squeal and became angry, foam at its mouth. Shit, rabies on mutants... Hunter thought, feeling panic from another source. Livi? She turned and looked around, wanting help.
The mother tackled Hunter and sent her flying. She slammed against a tree and nearly blacked out. The doe came back against stomping on Hunter's chest and her arms that were covering her head... Cries of help and muffled screams came from her mouth.

Hunter had no thought about telepathy or being saved. Just the fact that she might die tonight... Then the moth had stopped her attacks and Hunter was pulled away. That's when she saw the buck... It was hideous just like the child, but worse. She felt nauseated and dizzy as well as searing pain every time she breathed. She glared at the buck and grabbed her gun from Livi, no matter how much she couldn't even walk in a straight line...

Hunter was her name, and it was because she could hit a moving target from fifty feet away and make it a death shot. It was because she could always hit her target not matter how small, how far, how sick she felt, or how heavy the gun...
She took a deep breath and took her aim, firing two times, one in between the eyes and the other in the middle of its chest. The death blow.

Hunter trembled and finally let go of the gun, she felt weak... used out. "It hurts," she managed to mumble. She then stumbled over to the sleeping bags and curled up, closing her eyes. She wanted to rest, her body was screaming in pain... and that's all she wanted to do... was to rest till she was all better.
This, sadly enough, was how she was defeated... injured. It was the same with the first attack and when she was kidnapped. Sure, helping the wounds heal would help, but Hunter would feel defeated until her mood lightened up again. Even if there was meat to cook, mutants to bury, or tending to wounds... Hunter wanted to rest

(( btw, I joined the group ))

(( XD it sounds really cool ))

Hunter nodded slowly, her body curling into fetal position and instantly fell asleep. Most the sleep was destroyed by nightmares, the pain seeping into her sleep and destroying the little peace that came from it. The nightmare was different this time... very different.

"Hunter! Get your ass down here!" Yelled a stern, evil man. Jenna hated the name Hunter... it showed that she could never continue to live how her father wanted her to. Reluctantly, Jenna went to where the voice called. He was in charge of training her, since she was 'so smart'.
Jenna sat down in front of the man while he opened a can of coke. "Some of your dorm mates have been noticing some peculiar behavior. Could you tell me why you are behaving out of line?" The evil man asked.
Jenna glared and sighed. "I've been noticing I've been here for a year and I haven't gotten a single one of my possessions back," she growled, low and dangerous.
The man nodded slowly, pretending to understand. "Your old life's possessions are yours if you do me a favor," he said, standing up.
Jenna bit the inside of her lip when he did, that would mean she'd get slapped or punched... either way it wasn't good.
"If you train the dumb... I mean younger apprentices how to shoot and such, I will give back your possessions," he said, staring at her angry eyes.
Jenna sighed and crossed her arms. "Fine."
He smirked and patted her head. "There's also one more thing," he said.
She looked up. "What," she grunted, cold and lifeless.
"I also know what you are, what you did. The name you use is dirtied with murder. You must use your new name," he said, crouching to her size.
The little girl's heart broke, that was the name her father gave her, not some boy's name. The name she was born with was what she would always go by...
The man slapped her hard, making her head swing. "Your father is dead, and he probably hates you for killing him. Your name means nothing to him," he said, leaving the room.
Jenn... No Hunter sighed, he was right... Tears filled her eyes as she fled to her space. The only space she could be herself... Hunter covered her face with a pillow and cried, cried for killing her father over a year ago. Cried for forgiveness. Cried to have someone with her. Cried to clean her old name... to make it better...

(( thank you ^-^ I'm creating a student right now. Oh... for the song thing... I'm trying a 24 hour stay away thing... and I'm afraid if I listen to it... I'll fall asleep XD ))

Hunter's sleep soon filled with peaceful quietness... only the sound of a lullaby echoed through her mind. The corners of her mouth tilted up a little, enough to be classified as a smile. Her body soon relaxed and soon she fell into a deep sleep. Only one thing she had mumbled throughout her rest. "Thank you."

(( XD yea... it's not going well and want me to skip to morning???? ))

Hunter woke to a lot of pain, her left arm in a lot of pain... no just from the waist up she hurt. She slowly sat up and her stomach growled loudly. She sighed and carefully got up, stumbling every step or two. Her eyes landed on the dead fire. She made it a fire again and started to cook warm steak for breakfast, ignoring the acidic smell coming from the dead mutants. At one point of waiting, she closed her eyes and held her head in her hands. Just thinking about her dreams from last night.

Hunter looked over at Livi when she woke up, her train of thought ruined. Then she concentrated back on the fire, noticing the splint for the first time... She shook her head a bit and flipped the steak over, she was going to split it with her.
A sighed escaped her mouth when Livi implied conversation. "You know... nothing like waking up smelling acid and smoke."

Hunter nodded a bit. "Yea... I'm glad that you're okay... because I may ask you to carry some extra stuff," she said softly, looking over at her. "I know we can get back today and I just want to rest for a few days, no lessons..." She whispered, seeing the steak was done. She got up and made a weird plate out of tin foil and set the steak on it, licking her fingers of the grease. She handed Livi a knife. "Cut it, then pick a half."

(( yup! Gotta warn you, I'm on mobile now, posts won't be as long ))

Hunter chewed the flavorless piece of meat in her mouth and got up, packing up camp. Even with her injuries, it was a habit. She finished her steak and put everything in her or Livi's bag. At least they were going home.

Hunter shrugged and took her backpack, wincing a bit. Her ribs cracked during the attack. She nodded slowly. "If I stop, stop with me..." she whispered, starting to use telekinesis to lift the weight instead.

Hunter continued walking until she smelled blood. She stopped and reached up to her nose, a nose bleed. She stopped and sat down, the bag pulling her down anyways. She tilted her head back and winced, getting a headache. She hated being injured! Being weak and useless.

Hunter blinked a few times and tilted her head. "Uh..." she started and was about to shake her head, but seeing it was a bad idea. She nodded and sighed a little. "I used telekinesis too long," she whispered. "And you want to get back to the inn..." she said sadly, feeling like a burden.

(( oh... just to ask, want me to comment on the filing center?? ))

Hunter shook her head slowly. "Hey... it's okay," she said softly. "At least you came, a few more minutes my brain would be mush." She smiled slightly. "Don't blame yourself."

"We can go..." she said quietly. Hunter slowly stood up and started walking, still having a pounding headache. She walked the rest of the way home. No complaining, no stopping, no talking.
Once they got to the inn, Hunter frowned. "Crap..." she muttered.

« previous 1