Potterheads Unite! discussion

Classes > Herbology

Comments Showing 1-50 of 251 (251 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Herbology class is held in the several greenhouses outside the castle. It is taught by the tall, thin Professor Amara Weyd, who is by far the most ruthless teacher in Hogwarts. Here you will learn about various magical plants, as well as how to take care of them.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie and John were the last of the class to enter the greenhouse, though they still had a minute to spare. Professor Weyd still gave them a stern look. Oh, well. She had never liked Cassie. Cassie turned to John. "How early do you 'spose you have be to get on her good side?" She whispered. "I for one am proud of myself for coming in on time."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'd reckon five minutes early, as do I I'm usually the first or second person in class." He whispered back.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Come on lets sit." He said.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"And I'm usually--" she started to reply but noticed Professor Weyd looking in their direction. Cassie grunted and lifted her chin, waiting for the professor's directions.

"Alright class," Weyd started, "today we'll be working with Fanged Geraniums. Pay attention. These will be on your O.W.L's."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

They sat down, waiting further instructions.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

At the word O.W.L.'s his head snapped forward.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie laughed softly.

"Be careful. This flower's teeth are very sharp," said the professor," hence the name, fanged." She emphasized the word fanged, watching as a boy from Ravenclaw snatched back his finger from one of the plants.

message 9: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments Melainia could not find any books worth her time in the library for the report. She walked into Professor Weyd's classroom to ask him a question. Mel was a little embarassed because when she asked him all the eyes of the classmates were on her, "Where are some good books I could get for the Herbology repot? I couldn't find any in the library."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ah, quit you laughing." He whispered playfully to her.

message 11: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments The professor looked at her a little shocked Mel was starting this late on the report. "The best books are here, in my classroom. If you want, you can stay for the lesson. That would help your report go smoother," he relpied.
Mel said, "Well, I guess, thank you. I will not be any trouble; I will sit in the back of the classroom." She then walked to the back of the classsroom hoping to find an empty seat.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((Mel, I think the professor's a woman))

message 13: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments ((DUHH, Thanks!!))

message 14: by Melania (last edited Jun 12, 2013 10:46AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments *she replied.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie and John made room for the guest.

"I've seen you around, I think. Melainia, right?" Cassie whispered.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 12, 2013 10:47AM) (new)

He looked at Mel sympathetically as she sat down.

message 17: by Melania (last edited Jun 12, 2013 10:49AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "That is correct. And you are Cassie? I know John. What are we doing?" She whispered back.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie smirked. "Well, right now we're being lectured on the dangers of Fanged Geraniums."

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"Not sure but I know we're working with Fanged Geraniums, like this 'en 'er." He said.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"The joys of Herbology." she whispered jokingly.

message 21: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "That sounds interesting...." She replied sarcastically. "Herbology is not my 'forte'."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Then what 'es." He whispered back to her.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, I guess it's not so bad. But the professor--"

"Cassie Knight! Five points from Ravenclaw. I expect my students to listen when I talk." came the the professor's voice.

"Er...yes Professor." Cassie grimaced.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

The rest of the class dragged on, with the professor glancing over at the threesome every chance she got.

message 25: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Charms, I absolutely love it," she answered. "Do you guys like this professor?"

message 26: by Melania (last edited Jun 12, 2013 10:58AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Well, I take it you don't Cassie. I sure think she is a drab!"

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Professor, that was my fault, not hers I apologize." He said to her.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie nudged John, shaking her head.

message 29: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Thanks for taking the blame!" She said to John when the professor was not looking.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"Er..Mel, I'm not sure it matters. She heard your last comment. You know...drab..."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"I started conversation that got you in trouble in the first place, es my fault." He whispered to her.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Soon enough they were all assigned detention for being disrespectful.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"Doesn't matter now, I guess. See ya'll in detention, Friday?" Cassie replied, sheepishly.

message 34: by Melania (last edited Jun 12, 2013 11:06AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Sorry, I am a LOUD person. I try to be as quiet as a mouse, but it just does not work for me!" She whispered to Cassie. "Well thanks anyway John," she relpied.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

((Heh. The Cassie. I like that.))

message 36: by Melania (last edited Jun 12, 2013 11:08AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Ya, she already hates me! I may as well just stick to not working now."

message 37: by Melania (last edited Jun 12, 2013 11:07AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments ((Meant to just say to Cassie. I guess I should start proof-reading before I send it))

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie looked at Mel sympathetically. They were the only three left in the room.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

He sighed and muttered in Gaelic.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

(( I've made the same mistake. Anyway I thought it was funny ))

message 41: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Do you guys want to go for a butter beer after class?" I don't have class for awhile," she asked them hoping they would say yes.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'd forgotten about the Hogsmeade visit today. I'd love to!"

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

He turned to Cassie "I go where you go."

message 44: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments She looked at John, "Er.. Ok." She asked, "Do you guys want to meet at the Three Broomsticks?"

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie laughed and punched his arm lightly. "You two go ahead. I'll join you at The Three Broomsticks."

message 46: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments ((Meet at the Three Broomsticks))

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

((Okay))

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie had sat listening to Professor Weyd lecture the class on the dangers of Venomous Tentacula for over ten minutes, when Lilli breezed into the greenhouse.
Oh no, she thought.
Cassie winced when she saw her best friend. Lilli was out of her school robes, but that was the least of her concern. Professor Weyd didn't tolerate lateness.

message 49: by Alie (new)

Alie Lilli walked in and took her place. She knew the teacher had seen her and waited for the teacher to call her. When her name was called she was handed a note and she sat back in her spot and prepared for stares for the rest of the class.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie glanced at Lillie, who was seated next to her.
"Detention?" she whispered out of the corner of her mouth.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6