Potterheads Unite! discussion

Classes > Arithmancy

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Arithmancy class is taught by the hot-tempered Professor Lilith Mayer. Students must be 3rd year or older.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 19, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan walked into the Arithmancy class, she groaned Arithmancy was her least favorite subject-as one of the few Durmstrang taught, sitting next to a kind-looking girl with the sort of hair Siobhan liked to call"Salt blond" Siobhan pulled out her book and stuck out her hand for a shake "I'm Siobhan Leicester"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis slid into her seat at the front of the classroom, and pulled out a roll of parchment and her favourite hawk-quill pen. She dipped the quill into the bottle of ink on the desk and began to copy down the list of numerals on the blackboard.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

She looked up and smiled at the girl sitting beside her.
"You're Siobhan, right? I'm Artemis Piper Jones. I'm a fourth year- Ravenclaw."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan smiled "Pleased to make your 'quaintance" she said an Irish lilt skimming her words

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"I get the feeling you don't like Arithmancy much," Artemis whispered, indicating the blank paper in front of Siobhan. "I've been studying this all week. Want some help?"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Oh," she said flushed with embaressement "Third year Hufflepuff, I've just transfere'd ye see, from Durmstrang so.." her accent was overtaking her speech as she grew flustered

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Oh! That's very kind of you Artemis!" "Sure, i' reminds me of maths back at home." she said "Where did you grow up? I'm from Ireland" she asked, now at home.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"I grew up in England," Artemis said. "Hence the British accent. It must have been interesting in Durmstrang. Here..."
She drew a quick chart of the numbers they were using.
"And, to line them up, just..."
She tapped the paper with her rosewood wand. The numbers slowly slid across the paper, rearranging themselves neatly.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan replied "Yes. It was interesting... But very... militant?" changing the subject she continued, "Wow....... You're good, thank you Artemis"

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

[New RP]

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis was first in the classroom that morning. She had had breakfast at the Great Hall early, and finished her Ancient Runes essay at the table. Now she was more than ready for one of her favourite classes. She slipped into her favourite seat and pulled out her quill case.

message 13: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments Simon yawned, he was still tired from the nap in the library with Andi. He sat down to a random girl and sighed heavily. He was off daydreaming.....

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis glanced sideways at the boy, frowning slightly. He wasn't listening to the teacher at all. She copied a number sequence onto a scrap of parchment, her quill scratching quietly.

message 15: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments Simon was drifting off and on. He felt like he was going to be sick. He ran out of the class and sat in the bathroom waiting to get better.

(Got to go. Sorry)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello Proffesor Mayer, I am Justin Madel and I am so excited for arithmancy this year!!!!"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) ((This may help if you want to Role-Play! https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((What do you mean? am I doing it incorrectly?))

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) ((Nope. I'm saying that most people would respond more readily to a offer in the chat rather than a multitude of posts! Thanks for being patient!))

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

(( I don't understand))

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) ((Ah, well, I shall endeavor to be more lucid, thus - see, if you post a lot someone might respond to those post but maybe not. My advice is always to try the thread for it and if that does not prove fruitful than you could post in one and hope for the best? I hate to be confusing, Justin!))