Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

Savage Forest (Savage Romance, #1)
This topic is about Savage Forest
Reviewers > Seeking Book Reviews

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments Kindle owners - I am looking for a few people interested in receiving a copy of my new release in return for an honest review on Amazon. I have quite a few copies but only have 2 reviews posted at the moment. (I have a few more on Goodreads but people don't seem to take the time to log back on Amazon to review what they've read.) Please message me if you are genuinely interested in reviewing my book. Thank you!

Kathy Hi Jessica, I just purchased your novel! I will read and post my review on both Goodreads/Amazon.

message 3: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments That is so nice of you Kathy, if you care to email me at Jessica.wessner@yahoo.com, I will make sure that you receive a gift copy of my new contemporary "Waiting for Eden" that will be released this summer in appreciation! It's a contemporary romance, but it also has a paranormal undercurrent as well. Nice to meet you!

Tonya | 3 comments Hi Jessica,
I'm new to the Kindle world and posting reviews on Amazon. I would love to read your book, it's different than what I normally read but sounds intriguing!

Kathy Jessica wrote: "That is so nice of you Kathy, if you care to email me at Jessica.wessner@yahoo.com, I will make sure that you receive a gift copy of my new contemporary "Waiting for Eden" that will be released thi..."

Jessica that is kind of you!!! Thank You!!

Kathy

Kathy Book reviews have been posted on Amazon/Goodreads!

message 7: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments Thank you so much for your time and insights Kathy! :) I will let you know when Waiting for Eden is ready to go. I should have you give it a critique before it goes live! (If you're willing)

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue  Pilski (bubbasbookmama) Jessica, I would definitely be interested in reading & reviewing your book!!

Cassandra Lawson I know how you feel. I just bought it. I'll read it and post a review.

message 10: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments Cassandra wrote: "I know how you feel. I just bought it. I'll read it and post a review."

Cassandra, I just purchased your book, and will do the same for you. We need all the help we can get! :)

Cassandra Lawson Jessica wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "I know how you feel. I just bought it. I'll read it and post a review."

Cassandra, I just purchased your book, and will do the same for you. We need all the help we can get! :)"

Thank you! I really appreciate that.

message 12: by Alena (new)

Alena | 2 comments Hi, I'd love a few reviews on my new book Exile. It's currently free on Amazon (today only), so you can pick up a copy there, or you can message me and let me know what format you'd like it in. Thank you!

Synopsis:
Sometimes the ones we love aren't who we think they are. And sometimes they don't exactly have our best interests in mind.

Although Marie Sullivan is depressed, confused, and downright tired of her Mennonite life, she isn't looking for trouble when she retreats to the back pastures every day after school. She's just looking for some peace and quiet, not to mention a little study time. One day she finds more than she was bargaining for.

His name is Cass, and he is beautiful.

In only a short matter of time, he crawls his way into her heart. Life begins to look up. But some things are never meant to grow; some smiles aren't meant to be returned. Joy turns to terror, and what once was bright dims first to twilight and then to darkness.

A tale of despair and bewitchment. A tale of hope.

http://www.amazon.com/Exile-ebook/dp/...

Cassandra Lawson Alena wrote: "Hi, I'd love a few reviews on my new book Exile. It's currently free on Amazon (today only), so you can pick up a copy there, or you can message me and let me know what format you'd like it in. Tha..."

I just downloaded it. I will read it as soon as I can and promise to review it.

message 14: by Sue (new)

Sue  Pilski (bubbasbookmama) I just downloaded it also. Thank you Alena! :)
OMG! So many books....so little time! But I absolutely promise to read & review soon!

Kathy Hi Alena, I just downloaded your novel onto my kindle. Once read I will post reviews on Goodreads/Amazon.

message 16: by Alena (new)

Alena | 2 comments Thank you all so much! :) I really appreciate it.

message 17: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments Sue wrote: "Jessica, I would definitely be interested in reading & reviewing your book!!"

Inbox me your email address!

Cassandra Lawson Jessica wrote: "Kindle owners - I am looking for a few people interested in receiving a copy of my new release in return for an honest review on Amazon. I have quite a few copies but only have 2 reviews posted at..."

Just finished it last night and I reviewed it on Amazon and Goodreads this morning. I'm C.L. Bright on Amazon. I really enjoyed it. I don't read much historical romance any more but this was different from the ones I've read in the past.

message 19: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Kindle owners - I am looking for a few people interested in receiving a copy of my new release in return for an honest review on Amazon. I have quite a few copies but only have 2 r..."

Wow, that was fast! I am just starting yours, and I am really looking forward to it.... haven't read anything paranormal since the Vampire Chronicles in the 90's. I go on vacation next week so I will get some good book time in. Thank you Cassandra!

Cassandra Lawson Jessica wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Kindle owners - I am looking for a few people interested in receiving a copy of my new release in return for an honest review on Amazon. I have quite a few copies..."

You're welcome! I've had insomnia so I've been up all hours of the night reading in bed this week.

message 21: by Lance (new)

Lance Erlick (lanceerlick) | 6 comments Hi, I’m relatively new to Goodreads. I would really like a few reviews on either of my novels The Rebel Within or Rebels Divided. The Rebel Within in Kindle is free today (June 16) and again on June 19-20 (2013), so you could download a copy for free. If that doesn’t work and you would prefer a different format, send me a message. Thanks. Lance Erlick

The Rebel Within by Lance Erlick

Kirkus Reviews referred to The Rebel Within as “A stimulating, worthwhile story of a dystopian future.”

After the Second American Civil War, the Federal Union pursues a world without men by rounding up the remaining males.

Annabelle is a tomboy who lost her parents at age three. Despite her rebellious acts against a conformist society, the state pushes her to become a cop intern at age 16 to catch escaped boys. Then she’s forced to choose between joining the elite military unit that took her parents or being torn from her beloved sister and adoptive mom. Meanwhile, she meets a handsome boy who escaped prison, and helps him get away.

While facing a cop intern boss who hates her, a military commander who demands too much, and an amazon bully who won’t leave her alone, Annabelle struggles with conscience. Will she risk everything by hunting for her imprisoned birth mother and helping escaped boys avoid the federal roundup? Can she stand up to the amazon? Will she survive the rigorous military qualifying program so she won’t be sent away, while remaining true to herself and protecting her family?

Will she cross paths with that handsome boy again?

Rebels Divided by Lance Erlick

Rebels Divided takes place 3 years later and can be read as a sequel or a standalone story.

After the Second American Civil War, a nation divided. The Federal Union controls most of the country enforcing harmony and an all-female society with the help of EggFusion Fertilization and Female Mechanized Warriors based east of Knoxville. The male-dominated Appalachian Outland promotes rugged individualism, but in fact, Thane Edwards is in control. He has a monopoly of power, church, and the economy, which he enforces with his Rangers, loosely modeled on the legendary Texas Rangers. The governor of Tenn-tucky and the Outland warlord have concluded a secret deal that each believes will enhance their power.

Geo is a Daniel Boone type frontiersman who hungers to see more of the world than the tiny impoverished Outland glen where he and his pa hide from local Rangers. Geo fights Union mechs and Outland Rangers to protect friends, neighbors, and refugees fleeing the Federal Union.

Annabelle is a tough yet fragile tomboy who lost her parents at age three and was adopted by Geo’s estranged Mom. Annabelle developed a rebellious streak in her conformist society (Federal Union). She becomes a mech warrior to see the forbidden Outland. When she refuses a politically arranged marriage to the Outland warlord, he kidnaps her and her adopted sister.

After Geo helps Annabelle escape, Rangers kill his pa, destroy his home, and pursue the couple. At the same time, Annabelle’s mech commander refuses to help her rescue her sister. With no outside support, can Geo and Annabelle rescue her sister and obtain justice for his pa while avoiding capture by Outland Rangers and Union mech warriors? At the same time, can Geo and Annabelle trust growing feelings for each other despite coming from enemy camps?

http://www.amazon.com/Lance-Erlick/e/...

message 22: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 7 comments Sue wrote: "Jessica, I would definitely be interested in reading & reviewing your book!!"

sue if you get the chance, inbox me. Your profile says you aren't accepting messages?

message 23: by Nicole (last edited Jan 08, 2014 12:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nicole If you are still seeking reviews, I would love to receive your book in exchange for a honest review of Savage Forest.

I would need epub and my e-mail is: njpeterson@inbox.com

message 24: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) I have two books that need reviews:

Dragon Machinegun: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Confessions of a Schizophrenic Savage: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Both of them are anthologies. Dragon Machinegun is a sci-fi, fantasy, and horror anthology and Confessions of a Schizophrenic Savage is a poem and song anthology. I’m willing to give away free copies if it means they’ll be reviewed. Before I give you guys copies, I have to get something off my chest. When I first thought about people reviewing my stuff, I had a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. At the same time, I know my writing career isn’t going to go anywhere without them whether they’re negative or positive. I’m not asking for dishonesty in these reviews. I just felt like I had to put it out there that I’m slightly fearful about this. Thanks for understanding.

message 25: by Marie (new)

Marie (naturechild02) Garrison, I will read and review Confessions for you!
Please contact me at naturechild91384 @ gmail.com. I will forewarn you, it may take time for me to read it since I am 39 weeks pregnant right now but I am definitely interested and would love a copy!

Also, if anyone could give me some reviews on my new ebook IRISH SQUEEZE or my short story THE LIFE SHE DIDN'T TAKE, I would be very appreciative! I don't have any reviews for my novel yet which makes it rather hard to promote.

message 26: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) I just sent you a copy of Confessions, Marie. I hope you like it! :)

As far as your two books go, what genre are they, just out of curiosity?

message 27: by Marie (new)

Marie (naturechild02) Erotica. It may not be your thing and that's okay, I don't expect anyone to read and review who doesn't read that genre. There are certain genres that I just don't read either so I would understand completely if anyone passed on reading them.
However, I wrote my novel to appeal to both men and women, with humor and real life situations so I would say that if erotica isn't usually your cup of tea, it doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't enjoy my book.
I would call it less "Fifty Shades of Gray" and more "Lothaire" but without supernatural creatures.

message 28: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) I'm always in the mood for some hot, steamy erotica. My email address is rvd77@hotmail.com if you're still interested in sending a copy. If I end up not liking it, I'll still be a sensitive critiquer when I decide how many stars to give and what to say. Your masterpiece is in safe hands. :)

message 29: by Marie (new)

Marie (naturechild02) No, if you don't like it, just be honest. Real critiques are what I'm after in the end.

Nicole Reviews posted on Goodreads and Amazon.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 31: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (outofprintwriting) Hi everyone, I'd love a few reviews on my recently released book 'Searching for Von Honningsbergs'. It's quirky contemporary fiction (a bit hard to pigeon hole if I'm to be completely honest!)

It is currently free to download on Screwpulp at http://www.screwpulp.com/?browse&... or you can email me at rowenajwiseman (at) gmail (dot) com for a PDF, mobi or epub version

(Of if you would like to read the first few chapters before committing you can do so from my Goodreads author page https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... - just go to 'read book')

Synopsis
When Lawson is sent overseas to retrieve three paintings for a Kurt Von Honningsberg exhibition he meets a range of unlikely characters, has a thorny love affair, faces a death threat and wrestles with the true value of art.

About me
Rowena Wiseman writes literary fiction and children's stories. She works at a regional art gallery and writes a blog for writers trying to get their work published http://outofprintwriting.blogspot.com. Searching for Von Honningsbergs was longlisted for the Australian Vogel Award in 2007.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Rowena

message 32: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 37 comments Rowena wrote: "Hi everyone, I'd love a few reviews on my recently released book 'Searching for Von Honningsbergs'. It's quirky contemporary fiction (a bit hard to pigeon hole if I'm to be completely honest!)

It ..."

Thanks Rowena! I love your book cover!

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary Davie (marylouisedavie) | 12 comments Hello! I would love a review when/if you have a chance! Sanacion II:We Are the Aliens is a Sci Fi - bet you never would have guessed!

I can gift you a copy for your Nook or Kindle, or in a week or two will have the physical copy to send you. Your option.

Let me know at sanacion@icloud.com

-Mary Louise Davie

message 34: by Martyn (last edited Jan 30, 2014 12:00PM) (new)

Martyn Halm (amsterdamassassinseries) | 48 comments I have a suspense fiction series, the Amsterdam Assassin Series, and I'm looking for someone who'd like to review the short stories, in particular the last one, Fundamental Error: A Katla KillFile.

The KillFiles are all stand alone short stories that can be read in any order. Review copies of the first book in the series, Reprobate: A Katla Novel, are also available.

Check this article on my blog for instructions on how to get review copies.

message 35: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (outofprintwriting) Sonya wrote: "Rowena wrote: "Hi everyone, I'd love a few reviews on my recently released book 'Searching for Von Honningsbergs'. It's quirky contemporary fiction (a bit hard to pigeon hole if I'm to be completel..."
Hi Sonya - thanks so much for downloading my book! ... and for your kind comments about the book cover! I was pretty happy with it myself ... found someone online who did premade covers and there it was just waiting to be chosen! I can give you his name if you're interested!
Best wishes ...

message 36: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Genaille | 1 comments Hi, looking for reviews for my book 'tales from indian country, the apple"
Seven Short stories throughout the life of an Indian man that's considered an 'Apple' to his reserve, red on the outside but white on the inside. These stories chronicle his attempt to be more accepted by his community by going on a vision quest, his time dating a spiritual person, the time he played poker with a dying racist man; and the time as a ten year old that he discovered residential schools.

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Indian-Co...

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara Lunardi | 4 comments Hi everyone,
I'd love a few reviews on my recently released book 'Ecliptic'. It's a YA fantasy/sci-fi. Here the description:
"Have you ever wondered what the signs of the zodiac really are, and why they have influence on all human beings?" Alex asked us out of the blue.
Was he kidding? What did this question have to do with our situation? On the night of 13th June 2035, during an exceptional shower of shooting stars seen all over the world, mysterious signs representing zodiac constellations appear on the shoulders of Izie De Rossi and her twin brother Sam, two ordinary teenagers living in London.
From that night on, the lives of the twins will never be the same. A cruel countdown begins, leading them to fight for the survival of the entire human race alongside extraordinary creatures of the zodiac endowed with supernatural powers, the Guardians.
In the midst of all the dangers and sacrifices forced upon her by her mission, Izie meets the handsome and mysterious Riley. She feels immediately drawn to him in a shocking and overwhelming way... but things are not always as they seem. "

I can give mobi or epub or pdf version of the book.
For more information this is my email: ecliptic@sarastokmaier.com and website: www.saralunardi.com
Thank you for your precious help. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sara

message 38: by Dave (new)

Dave Rudden | 8 comments There are things in this world that we choose to ignore. Witches, vampires and werewolves prowl in the shadows and wait to strike. They hide in our nightmares, bringing fear to our children.

Drew Singer was born to hunt these creatures and keep them confined to our dreams.

What scares a man who hunts nightmares for a living? Drew is about to find out.

Interested in finding out what can scare a man like Drew? Find out for free starting tomorrow through the 6th with a free Kindle promotion.

Can't wait? You can pick it up today for $.99 or if you willing to give an honest review, message me and I will send you a PDF version for free.

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephieJa) | 13 comments Here's my newest Paranormal Romance:

Juvenile by Stephanie Jackson
Juvenile

Sarah McCarthy was in love and she was happy. She only wished that the love of her life would be more open with her about his past. Or she'd thought that was what she wanted, until the night that's Mark's past slammed headlong into their future. Mark Outlaw was an odd man. He was tall and handsome, and strangely, always alone. He never speaks to anyone, but for good reason. He has a secret to keep...he doesn't really exist. Mark is actually just a creation...a guard of a man named Juvenile of Ammon. A human/demon/angel hybrid, Juvenile was a breed unto himself. He was born from a Divine prophecy that made him destined to become a weapon of Hell and destroy Heaven itself. It was a prophecy he'd sworn to himself never to fulfill. Mark's job was to keep Juvenile locked inside a cell in their shared mind; to be the barrier between Juvenile and the outside world, and then Juvenile met Sarah. When Sarah was put in harm's way because of Juvenile's past, Mark knew that she would either be their salvation or their undoing. Would Mark be able to hold onto to Juvenile or would he lose him, sending Juvenile spiraling uncontrollably into a future he had spent over two thousand years running from?

Here's the Amazon Link: http://tinyurl.com/lu93f3b

If you'd like a free Smashwords copy to review for Amazon, just contact me at sos.publishing@yahoo.com or contact me through Goodreads and I'll send you the link and a free download code.

message 40: by Kay (new)

Kay Leitch | 1 comments Hi

If anyone feels like reading a murder/mystery/whodunit, please feel free to pick up a free copy on Smashwords. All honest reviews welcome:

Treasure This by Kay Leitch TREASURE THIS – a cracking whodunit for any age, 10+. Full of mystery, suspense and humour, with a hint of dark farce.

When 12-year-old Addison finds a dead man in her aunt and uncle's garden shed, she's sure they couldn't have killed him. Could they? Super-sleuth Addy is determined to find out. But how can she make Caitlin (a wanabe Goth) and seven-year-old Leaf (in training for the SAS) believe her when the body disappears? Who are the two thugs watching Roseleigh Manor? And the question that's really driving her mad - how many more bodies are buried in that garden?

Addy's investigations take her into the heart of old secrets and new lies, threatening to blow apart her family and everything she loves.

Can also be found on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Treasure-This...
But is FREE as an ebook for the next week at Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

PLEASE USE COUPON NO: VK 52Z. This will make the price £0. If you like it, spread the word. Thanks for your time.

message 41: by Richard (new)

Richard Sharp (RichardSharp) | 4 comments I am offering for review complementary Kindle or paperback copies of my literary/historical fiction saga of the Sixties, Crystal Ships.

Forword Reviews summary: [E]pic story of young friends living through the turmoil of the 1960s and '70s... entertaining and educational from the first page to the last. Crystal Ships offers a vibrant and compelling look into an important time in history and provides a remarkable context for understanding [the era.]

I am available to review American literary or historical fiction (post civil war and 20th century).
Crystal Ships

message 42: by R.l. (new)

R.l. (rlblack) | 12 comments Richard, I enjoy literary and historical fiction. I would prefer paperback, if you are interested in me taking a look. I'll PM you my mailing address.