Hydra Publications discussion

Offerings > Group Read and discussions June

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianne (last edited Jun 09, 2013 08:51PM) (new)

Dianne (dlgardner) | 40 comments Mod
The top four books on the book shelf are our group reads. This month we're reading

Reality Check A Tale of Quantum Entanglements by Eric Garrison
Reality Check: A Tale of Quantum Entanglements
Reality Check by Eric Garrison

Morning Star (Ethos, #1) by Desiree Finkbeiner
Morning Star
Ethos Book I

Ethos (Equinox, #2) by Desiree Finkbeiner
Ethos
Ethos Equinox (book II) by Desiree Finkbeiner.

Set Fire to the Rain by Amy McCorkle
Set Fire to the RainSet Fire to Rain

Check in and let us know what you think!

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha | 1 comments Hey guys, I think the wrong people ended up together at the end of Reality Check so you all need to read it and finish it so I can convince you as to why!

Also, if Ethos Equinox is a book 2, will I be confused if I read it having not read book 1?

message 3: by Dianne (new)

Good idea Martha. I'll get to it asap!

message 4: by Dianne (new)

I also added Set Fire to Rain.

message 5: by Dianne (new)

Martha wrote: "Hey guys, I think the wrong people ended up together at the end of Reality Check so you all need to read it and finish it so I can convince you as to why!

Also, if Ethos Equinox is a book 2, will ..."

I know. I'll put Ethos Book I up there along with it.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Garrison (ecgarrison) | 4 comments Martha wrote: "Hey guys, I think the wrong people ended up together at the end of Reality Check so you all need to read it and finish it so I can convince you as to why!

I think I can't find two people who agree on how it should have ended, though I know a lot of people felt strongly about the ending that I wrote. :)

I plan to write a sequel within the next year. Would you want to read it?

It's tough commenting without giving away big spoilers. :)

message 7: by Dianne (new)

Martha wrote: "Hey guys, I think the wrong people ended up together at the end of Reality Check so you all need to read it and finish it so I can convince you as to why!

Also, if Ethos Equinox is a book 2, will ..."

I'm ready to talk! Tell me why. I had mixed feelings about the WHERE Lee/Leo ended. Although it certainly was a surprise ending!

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric Garrison (ecgarrison) | 4 comments Spoiler! The first draft ended BEFORE Silly Hat Dionne opened a portal to the Moon base. Lee ended up taking over for missing Leah and Moon Cecil, Earth Dionne and Lee/Leah formed a triad relationship. A few beta readers loved that, but most didn't. So that's why it went on from there.

message 9: by Dianne (new)

Hmmmm So he ended on the moon in your first draft?

message 10: by Dianne (new)

Well, like I said I half expected him to go back home so it's good he didn't. Leaves exploration wide open.

message 11: by Eric (new)

Eric Garrison (ecgarrison) | 4 comments I always intended him NOT to go home, since a full circle would cast doubt on whether any of it was real in the first place. Also to keep the reader guessing, since I had that one chapter where he did go home, but had changed enough that he cared more about the welfare of others than his own happiness.