What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

How Not to Be Popular
This topic is about How Not to Be Popular
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA contemporary high school about girl who suffers loss in popularity [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tdr85 | 28 comments I don't recall exactly what made girl become a pariah, not even sure if she remained at same school, but she is befriended at lunch by a chunky girl with an odd stare and way about her who eventually tells her it looked like she needed a friend. Near end of story protagonist is at school assembly and remembers how she was befriended.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments do you know when you read this book? or what the cover looked like?

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 742 comments 'Izzy,Willy Nilly' by Cynthia Voight has a girl who has her leg amputated after a car crash. A chunky 'weird' girl at school becomes her friend.

Tdr85 | 28 comments Sam~ on sleepless roads the sleepless go~ wrote: "do you know when you read this book? or what the cover looked like?"

About 2 yrs ago. I believe it was written within last 5 yrs. Can't remember cover at all.

message 5: by Angharad (new)

Angharad | 99 comments Possibly Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak?

If it's possible that it's an older book, Norma Howe's In With the Out Crowd sounds similar as well.

Tdr85 | 28 comments Angharad wrote: "Possibly Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak?

If it's possible that it's an older book, Norma Howe's In With the Out Crowd sounds similar as well."

I don't think it was Speak though I have wanted to read that book. I'm pretty sure it's a recent book. I wish I could remember more details.

Tdr85 | 28 comments Bump

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36916 comments Mod
Tdr85, are you still looking for this? Was it anything from posts 8-9?

message 10: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments pm'd Tdr85.

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) abandoned

Tdr85 | 28 comments I did ultimately find the book - it's "How Not to be Popular".

message 13: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments How Not to Be Popular for the link! This can be moved to solved, I guess?