Hydra Publications discussion

Offerings > Books for Reviews

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianne (last edited Jun 09, 2013 04:58PM) (new)

Dianne (dlgardner) | 40 comments Mod
If you're a Hydra Publications author needing a review, post here. You'll be responsible for getting your file to those who respond.

message 2: by Brick (new)

Brick Marlin | 10 comments If anyone would like to receive a PDF copy of any of my novels to review, please email me here on Goodreads.com.

message 3: by Dianne (new)

Brick wrote: "If anyone would like to receive a PDF copy of any of my novels to review, please email me here on Goodreads.com."
Brick tell us about it!

message 4: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (tashaturner) | 30 comments Including a link and basic description of the book(s) here would help us readers know if we might be interested... The add book/author above the comment box makes it easy to add your book cover to your comments to draw us in... /social media lesson over :D

message 5: by Brick (new)

Brick Marlin | 10 comments Raising Riley is a horror novel about Riley Lewis, a young boy who stands atop an enormous cliff with an abusive father, teenage bullies, and the demon inside the closet all ready to shove him over the edge. When he reaches his limits will he finally break free of the terror that threatens to consume him, or will he become the monster that everyone wants him to be?

This tragic novel examines the life of a boy who wants to be just like everyone else, but who must contend with emotional, physical, and sexual abuse while the world around him is oblivious to his suffering.

message 6: by Brick (last edited Jun 10, 2013 03:41AM) (new)

Brick Marlin | 10 comments Tasha wrote: "Including a link and basic description of the book(s) here would help us readers know if we might be interested... The add book/author above the comment box makes it easy to add your book cover to ..."

Sorry about that. I changed it. I just figured if a reader was curious about my work they would take the time to click on my name and check out my books and my profile. Other readers have done this, even sought me out here on Goodreads. So far it seems like it has worked.

message 7: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (tashaturner) | 30 comments In general the less work someone has to do the more likely they will take the action. So while on discussion groups on GR you don't want to promote your own work here on your publishers group you want to make it as easy as possible for people which means links/cover, synopsis, etc.

May I compliment you on being a well behaved GR author?

message 8: by Dianne (new)

Tasha wrote: "In general the less work someone has to do the more likely they will take the action. So while on discussion groups on GR you don't want to promote your own work here on your publishers group you w..."

I agree with Tasha in that it just makes it a lot easier for people to decide if they're interested. If fact, I should probably put a blurb about the books of the month too.

message 9: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Garrett (ettajeanfantasy) Good morning! :) I'm hoping to find a few people willing to read/review my book before it goes live next Tuesday (the 25th).

Etta Jean
Chronicle Of Destiny

CHRONICLE tells the story of Tariah Chronis, the only living member of the Chronicle race. On the run for her life, her only salvation lies in the arms of her destined lover: her Fury. To find a place for themselves, they might just have to save the very world that wants them dead.

(Contains adult themes, mild language. Genre: romance/fantasy)

PDF and mobi both available.

message 10: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (tashaturner) | 30 comments I wish I had the time. I've added it to my TBR but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Sounds intriguing.

message 11: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 3 comments Etta wrote: "Good morning! :) I'm hoping to find a few people willing to read/review my book before it goes live next Tuesday (the 25th).

Etta Jean
Chronicle Of Destiny

CHRONICLE tells the story of Tariah Chr..."

Sounds like my kind of book. I'll read it and review. Do you need amazon or goodreads.

message 12: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 3 comments I would love to have someone read my book and review. I need several before the middle of july for our hydra bash for amazon. If anyone will read and review, I will get you the file.
Dearly Departed is a quick read about a young woman living next to a graveyard who sees a guy pacing among the stones. She sets out to figure out who he is, and why he is coming there. It has a little paranormal romance, but no adult themes.
Thanks

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

message 13: by S.J. (last edited Jun 19, 2013 08:24PM) (new)

S.J. Garrett (ettajeanfantasy) Rachael wrote: Sounds like my kind of book. I'll read it and review. Do you need amazon or goodreads."

Amazon, preferably, but Goodreads would be fine as well. :) PDF or mobi?

message 14: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 3 comments Either would be fine.

message 15: by Marian (new)

Marian Allen (marian_allen) | 4 comments I need more reviews for the books in my fantasy trilogy:
The Fall of Onagros (which will be free July 16-17)
Bargain With Fate
Silver and Iron
When the four Divine Animals (Dragon, Phoenix, Unicorn, and Tortoise) involve themselves in the fate of a fallen realm and some of its inhabitants, nothing is quite what it seems.

I also need reviews for my science fiction novel, SIDESHOW IN THE CENTER RING.
Connie's burning ambition is to prove her escape from her lower-class childhood by ruling an exclusive social group. But, if the price is to own or become a slave, is she willing to pay?

I can send in mobi or PDF formats.