Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
This topic is about It Had to Be You
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Giveaways > **New It Had to Be You Giveaway** June 10-17

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
This giveaway is running from Monday June 10 - 17th.

Five Fun Facts from Jill for :It Had to Be You

1. The idea for hot, tired, and grumpy detective Luke Hanover to walk into his house and find a half naked woman talking to herself might be very slightly autobiographical. I don’t want to talk about it…

2. I consumed twelve boxes of Mother Double Fudge cookies in the writing of this book and gained five pounds. I don’t want to talk about that either... :)

3. Ali’s name was originally going to be Samantha. Her nickname would have been Sam, but we chose to change her name so the sex scenes wouldn't be between Sam and Luke!

4. Every morning when I would wake up the muse and go to write on this book, all my characters wanted to do was jump into the sack. Naughty characters.

5. I’ve never had so much fun with a hero as I did putting Luke in those sexy board shorts and on a paddle board.

How to enter:

Leave a comment about your favorite Jill Shalvis book and if you intend to (or already have) read It Had to Be You and we'll randomly draw five names who will win a free book from Jill's backlist.

Sunny☼ (sunny2) I can't narrow it down to just one book I like best of all of her books. Honestly I can't, I tried.

My favourite series is her Animal Magnetism series. The animals are an important part of each story and I like that very much. The males are sweet, hot and wished that they lived here...not there.

I have already bought It Had To Be You and will be reading in next in the line up of to reads for June.

Chris Brandstatter (cabrand) | 5 comments The animal series is really wonderful! Can't wait for the upcoming book

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I love her books but if I HAD to pick one I guess I'll go with Simply Irresistible. I just loved the characters, Maddie and Jax!

I just finished It Had To Be You and I loved it!

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) I love Maddie & her sisters and Jax, of course! Can't wait to read more. I'll be reading all of them including It Had To Be You.

message 6: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe (zoeyork) | 4 comments I'm always torn between At Last and Instant Temptation. I just can't choose, they are both equally awesome. I have It Had To Be You waiting for me, patiently, on my Kobo, and as soon as I get work, writing and school work under control and have an evening to give it my undivided attention, I'm going to devour it. Other books I can read piecemeal, but I know Luke is going to deserve better than that. ;)

message 7: by Ada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ada (miss_spell) | 18 comments I'm so torn in picking my favorite since I love them all but I when it comes down to it, I think I'd have to pick Animal Magnetism because of Brady. He really epitomizes what my favorite type of hero is and I love love love re-reading that book.

It Had To Be You is definitely up next and I can't wait to read Ali and Luke's story!

Chris Brandstatter (cabrand) | 5 comments I forgot to say "Yes I read "Had to be you" and loved it!! Actually I love all your books!!

message 9: by Carla (new)

Carla Nobrega | 2 comments Simply Irresistible is my favorite book by Jill Shalvis. I love Maddie and Jax.

I'm reading It Had To Be You right now and it's as good as the previous books. :)

message 10: by Debbie (last edited Jun 10, 2013 03:41PM) (new) - added it

Debbie | 10 comments Simply Irresistible is my favorite so far.Love Maddie and Jax. Yes I will be reading It Had to be You it is on my nook just waiting for me to start it.

message 11: by Hannah (last edited Jun 10, 2013 06:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah | 5 comments Lucky In Love is my absolute favorite. Just adored Mallory and Ty!

I am currently reading It Had to Be You. Love it so far.

message 12: by Caffenero (last edited Jun 11, 2013 04:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caffenero I love the Lucky harbor series, I can read it and reread it anytime!
If I've to decide which book is my favorite I'm torn between "Simply irresistible" and "Forever and a Day". Jax and Josh are amazing :-)
I'm going to read "It had to be you" ASAP ;-P

Megan | 9 comments I am planning on reading It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) by Jill Shalvis next. I have read and loved all of the Lucky Harbor books, but if I had to pick one (I suppose 2, I can't choose) .... The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis and Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis :)

I have the audio book of Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis on hold at the library. I can't wait!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.