Art Lovers discussion

Show us your Written Art! > Fugitive Pigments

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1943 comments My book of poetry, Fugitive Pigments, has just been published by FutureCycle Press. I’ve been publishing poems for almost 20 years now, but this is my first book. I’m really excited about it. It's a natural for this group as it combines my two worlds, poetry and the visual arts.

Actually, I was a visual artist long before I started writing poetry, so it was natural that I’d write about art. That’s what’s mostly in this book, along with some poems that resonate with the art poems. Fugitive pigments are those colors that change over time. Art and life, intertwined.

I hope you take a look at it. The cover art is one of my paintings. (Better yet, buy it.)

http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Pigmen...

I’ll be glad to talk more about it.

message 2: by Judi (new)

Judi (jvaughn) | 59 comments Hi Ruth,
I just took a look at your poetry book and I loved the poem that I could see on Amazon. I am ordering the book in just a few minutes. I hope that you have great success with it.
Judi Vaughn

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1943 comments Oh Judi, thank you. I hope you'll enjoy it.

message 4: by Heather (last edited Jun 25, 2013 08:02AM) (new)

Heather Ruth wrote: "My book of poetry, Fugitive Pigments, has just been published by FutureCycle Press. I’ve been publishing poems for almost 20 years now, but this is my first book. I’m really excited about it. It'..."

"Fugitive pigments are those colors that change over time. Art and life, intertwined." I like that a lot, Ruth. I wish you much success!

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1943 comments People have asked about the painting that's on the cover of my book, Fugitive Pigments. It's one of mine, called Summer Promises. Oil on canvas, 24x36. One of my personal favorites, so I didn't sell it. We had to flip it to make it work for the book cover. Here's what it looks like in real life.

And here's the book cover.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather Incredible, Ruth! You've really got it!

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1943 comments Thanks, heather. I've always been fascinated by the juxtaposition of beauty and danger. Hence the broken china and spilled water. Besides it gies me a chance to paint transparencies and reflections, which I love to do.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Ruth wrote: "Thanks, heather. I've always been fascinated by the juxtaposition of beauty and danger. Hence the broken china and spilled water. Besides it gies me a chance to paint transparencies and reflectio..."

Which you are very good at transparencies and reflections!

message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1943 comments My book, Fugitive Pigments, is now available in a Kindle edition. Thanks to editor Diane Kistner's preparation. I hear it's hard to get poetry formatted for Kindle. Hurray for Diane.

http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Pigmen...

message 10: by Liesbeth (new)

Liesbeth Heenk (goodreadscomliesbeth) | 27 comments Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!

I published two art / art related books, both of which are free today:

Van Gogh Today by Kelly Cole Rappleye

and

[Van Gogh Museum Amsterdamn] by Marko Kassenaar

Please feel free to download both! Hope you like them!

Best wishes Liesbeth.

message 11: by Kalliope (new)

Kalliope Liesbeth wrote: "Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!

and

[Van Gogh Museum Amsterdamn] ..."

Thank you Liesbeth.. I just donwloaded it and good timing.. Plan to visit VG's museum next April.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Liesbeth wrote: "Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!

I published two art / art related books, both of which are free today:

and

[Van Gogh Museum Amsterdamn] ..."

I missed the 'free' day, but I don't have a kindle or nook or anything, but I collect bound books. Any of those available?

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1943 comments My book, Fugitive Pigments, is part of a special poetry display at San Francisco's West Portal Bookstore, sharing the stage with Joan Colby. You can either buy it there, or order it online from them.

http://www.bookshopwestportal.com/boo...