Better Than Starbucks discussion

Shameless Self Promotion > Fugitive Pigments

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth My book of poetry, Fugitive Pigments, has just been published by FutureCycle Press. I’ve been publishing poems for almost 20 years now, but this is my first book. I’m really excited about it. It combines my two worlds, poetry and the visual arts.

Actually, I was a visual artist long before I started writing poetry, so it was natural that I’d write about art. That’s what’s mostly in this book, along with some poems that resonate with the art poems. Fugitive pigments are those colors that change over time. Art and life, intertwined.

I hope you take a look at it. The cover art is one of my paintings. (Better yet, buy it.)

http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Pigmen...

I’ll be glad to talk about it.

message 2: by Anthony, Administrator, Keeper of the Really Good Coffee (new)

Anthony Watkins (anthonyuplandpoetwatkins) | 495 comments Mod
Great! Congrats. The poems of yours and your comments on other poems are thoughtful!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Thanks, Anthony!

message 4: by Anthony, Administrator, Keeper of the Really Good Coffee (new)

I hear you have a second book Embers on the Stairs... tell us about that collection!

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth That's a more general collection, Anthony. Don't have a publication date on it yet, but it will be some time in 2014. As the title indicates, there are several poems in it about fires. I live in brushfire territory in California and it seeps into my work.

message 6: by Anthony, Administrator, Keeper of the Really Good Coffee (new)

Looking forward to both

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth People have asked about the painting that's on the cover of my book, Fugitive Pigments. It's one of mine, called Summer Promises. Oil on canvas, 24x36. One of my personal favorites, so I didn't sell it. We had to flip it to make it work for the book cover. Here's what it looks like in real life.

message 8: by Ruth (new)

Ruth My book, Fugitive Pigments, is now available in a Kindle edition. Thanks to editor Diane Kistner's preparation. I hear it's hard to get poetry formatted for Kindle. Hurray for Diane.

http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Pigmen...

message 9: by Anthony, Administrator, Keeper of the Really Good Coffee (new)

Cool!