The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Greetings from MN

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Hi, I'm Kristie from the Twin Cities metro area. I've been participating on the Audiobooks group for almost a year, so I'm excited to diversify into a "book club" format. I read (listen to) about 50-60 books a year, mostly fiction from the 20th and 21st centuries, with a little bit of other genres in between (YA, fantasy, historical fiction, nonfiction, and an occasional classic).

Looking forward to participating in this group!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10002 comments Mod
Hi Kristie, thanks for hanging with us!! Audiobooks are something I just got into a few years ago.. great for a long work commute!

message 3: by Sealove (new)

Sealove | 3 comments We have really been enjoying audiobooks lately...

Whether on a camping trip recently or just in bed at night before going to sleep, audiobooks have proven to be a nice change from our normal reading habits.

Looking forward to hearing which audiobooks people are listening to and recommending a few of our own.

Along those lines, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and the Millenium Series by Stieg Larrson has been a good one lately. Also, we have been enjoying listening to Keith Richard's "Life" and "Moonwalking with Einstein" by Joshua Foer.

And of course, the Harry Potter series is always a fun listen!

Thanks for such a great group… We look forward to sharing more.

Aloha from Hawaii!

Sealove

message 4: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Aloha Sealove,

If it weren't for audiobooks, I would not have the time or brain power to consume books! I listen on my commute, while doing laundry and cleaning, and while going for walks or swimming laps.

I loved both the Millenium series and the Harry Potter series! Amazing narrators for both of them (Simon Vance and Jim Dale). One of my other favorite narrators is Humphrey Bower. He narrates all of Bryce Courenay's books (which are amazing, by the way...), as well as Shantaram.

Looking forward to participating! (And jealous that you're in Hawaii...the midwest has had a simply horrible winter and now a horrible spring...cold and rainy.)

Kristie

message 5: by Sealove (new)

Sealove | 3 comments Aloha Kristie,

Thanks for your reply… Yes you are most correct. Jim Dale and Simon Vance are excellent Narrators. Their styles and vocal qualities are truly amazing. Thanks for the tip on the other narrator… Humphrey Bower. We will check something of his out soon.

And you're right… Without audiobooks, it would be a lot more difficult to consume stories these days. It is always a treat to hear a great story.

We are really enjoying Johnny Depp on Keith Richards book. And Victor Wooten, the author of "The music lesson" is doing a pretty good job narrating his story, too. That is an amazing tale by the way, whether you are musical or not.

We have friends and family who live in your area, so we have appreciation for the weather related issues you are dealing with. Let us just say that we are sending you warm breezes and sunshine from the Islands, Kristie! Feel free to drop us a line anytime you need a little sunshine from Hawai'i!

Aloha,

Sealove

message 6: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Sealove wrote: "Aloha Kristie,

Thanks for your reply… Yes you are most correct. Jim Dale and Simon Vance are excellent Narrators. Their styles and vocal qualities are truly amazing. Thanks for the tip on the othe..."

Thanks for the tips! And feel free to send warm breezes and sunshine our way anytime. :)

message 7: by Sealove (new)

Sealove | 3 comments You got it!

Alooooooohaaa!!!