What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Very surprising ending to YA Book where Heroine(Princesss) marries king then runs away but he finds her

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Okay so all i can remeber is the end where the heroine runs away from the prince/king and works at a tavern for a few months. The prince/king is going crazy searching for her and eventually finds her and they kiss and makeup blah blah blah the end. I think she left because she found out a secret or something. Also i think they got married before she freaked out and hid from him. I do know thats it's a YA book but i think for older teens. Please help me im seriously stressing out over this. And it might have been like a fairytale retelling kind of book. Either Cinderella or beauty and the beast.

message 2: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Are you positive they were married? Ella Enchanted had a similar ending only she was hiding because she was afraid of being used as a weapon against the prince.

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Was it definitely fantasy? I read a book years and years ago that that had this plot but was sci-fi. The princess worked as a singer (I think) in a bar or brothel. She had red-blond hair.

message 4: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Miriam wrote: "Was it definitely fantasy? I read a book years and years ago that that had this plot but was sci-fi. The princess worked as a singer (I think) in a bar or brothel. She had red-blond hair."

OH i think you might be right!

message 5: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Ladysaotome wrote: "Are you positive they were married? Ella Enchanted had a similar ending only she was hiding because she was afraid of being used as a weapon against the prince."

It wasn't Ella Enchanted

message 6: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Cece wrote: "OH i think you might be right! "

I can't remember the name right now but I think the cover had waves or ocean on it. She ran away because he tried to kill her but in the end (view spoiler)

message 7: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Miriam wrote: "Cece wrote: "OH i think you might be right! "

I can't remember the name right now but I think the cover had waves or ocean on it. She ran away because he tried to kill her but in the end [spoilers..."

I REMEMBER NOW!!! That is definitely what i read thank you!!

message 8: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 596 comments So...did you remember the name of the book? It sounds interesting...

message 9: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Jenna wrote: "So...did you remember the name of the book? It sounds interesting..."

No, but i do remember the book :( so hopefully somebody remembers the title

message 10: by Tess (new)

Tess | 439 comments How about Just Ella?

message 11: by Souellette95 (new)

Souellette95 | 11 comments The werewolf prince and I?

message 12: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Tess wrote: "How about Just Ella?"

Its not that one :(

message 13: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Souellette95 wrote: "The werewolf prince and I?"

It was set more into like a fantasy/fairytale realm

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments When you described the ending it reminded me of the ending to On Fortune's Wheel
But the heroine runs away because she feels she is to common to be married to royalty/nobility.

But she doesnt hide as such,just goes home to work at her familys inn/tavern. And I cant remember the hero killing something to protect her so probably not.

message 15: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "When you described the ending it reminded me of the ending to On Fortune's Wheel
But the heroine runs away because she feels she is to common to be married to royalty/nobility.

But she doesnt hid..."

I think i might never remember the name, but thanks everybody for helping. It wasn't that one.

message 16: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments I REMEMBER SOMETHING ELSE!!! Okay so i do know like in the beginning the prince would come to her house and he would drag his cousin or somebody along with him. I'm guessing that it was kinda like Cinderella because she had 2 step-sisters and a step-mom. One of the step-sisters was constantly clumsy and would spill things on his cousin(she loved him but was really nervous around him) but her other step-sister was sabotaging her.(Which is why the family wasn't invited back to the castle after what happened to the queen. Anyway the prince and her came up with a plan to figure out why that was and it worked.

message 17: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Now I'm really interested in the story - so is the clumsy stepsister nice or evil? What happened to the Queen? And that last sentence confuses me - the prince & Cinderella girl come up with a plan to figure out why what was?

message 18: by Cece (last edited Jun 14, 2013 07:26PM) (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Ladysaotome wrote: "Now I'm really interested in the story - so is the clumsy stepsister nice or evil? What happened to the Queen? And that last sentence confuses me - the prince & Cinderella girl come up with a plan..."

Step-sister 1 is nice but everybody thinks shes a little stupid because of how many accidents she causes. (Especially around the prince's cousin)but really it's the evil stepsister. I think they had been at the queens birthday party when stepsister 1 had destroyed alot of stuff so the whole family was never invited to the castle again except for the balls. And the prince and the girl(she wasn't a princess yet) set the evil step-sister up but i forgot how.

message 19: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 596 comments I wish someone would remember this book...it's really starting to sound interesting...!

message 20: by Cece (last edited Jun 18, 2013 07:44PM) (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Jenna wrote: "I wish someone would remember this book...it's really starting to sound interesting...!"

Seriously I am slowly dying inside from not remembering....AHHH!!! I can't take it any more I even asked 3 librarians and none of them knew.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 8 comments The only thing I can think of is Deerskin by Robin McKinley , but some of the plot definitly does not match up.

Maybe this list will help (be warned there are a lot of books to cover, but maybe a title will pop out):

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/96...

message 22: by Merrilee (new)

Merrilee (jrsygrl626) | 189 comments It's not deerskin. That's one of my favorite books. Lissar has no family except her father.

message 23: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Still haven't figured this out sadly

message 24: by Duncan (new)

Duncan | 2 comments I have a vague recollection of Tanith Lee's The Dragon Hoard being a bit like this.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

message 25: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments Ok I've mixed up 2 books so that's probably why nobody knew it. Here's 1 description for the princess running away book:The crown prince fell in love with this girl who i think is from the village but is slightly noble or something. And then i really only remember the end where she ran away because she misunderstood something or didn't think she was good enough to be queen(they were going to be getting married in a couple days and he made her crown princess.) When she had ran away she went to go work in a tavern near like the edge of the kingdom i think and the whole kingdom was in an uproar because they couldn't find her. I do remember there was a short chapter from his point of view when she runway and he was really freaking out. And i know that it was killing her to be apart from him and she really wanted to go back to him but she didn't for some unknown reason.(she was gone for at least a couple months.) The villagers at the tavern/inn/whatever talked about how the king had died and she realllly wanted to go to him then but she still didn't. Then one day she was serving this guy who had his hood up and it turned out to be the king.(he had become king) They kissed and made up and stuff. That was a whole different book then the clumsy stepsister one. Sorry.

message 26: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments So do you remember the stepsister one?

message 27: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments I really really wish i did.

message 28: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments You could start a separate topic for that book if you want?

message 29: by Cece (new)

Cece (daydreambeliver) | 17 comments I think im going to do that

message 30: by Michele (new)

Michele | 280 comments That does sound like On Fortune's Wheel by Cynthia Voight.

message 31: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
On Fortune's Wheel for the link to Michele's suggestion.

message 32: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Cece already said it wasn't On Fortune's Wheel in message 15 above.

message 33: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Whoops, missed that. Sorry.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Andria wrote: "Whoops, missed that. Sorry."

Well its a good book even if its not the right one :)

message 35: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 247 comments Summers at Castle Auburn ends the way you describe (she runs off and the king tracks her down in a tavern).

message 36: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Cece, are you still looking for this book?

message 37: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Pm'd Cece. I'd like to find that other book, too, about the clumsy stepsister. :)

message 38: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments So it's been 8 months and no response to my pm...