Memoir Authors discussion

Promotion Opportunities > New Promotion Opportunity

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments I am overwhelmed by the number of new books published every day. In an effort to help memoirists get attention, I've decided to devote one blog post per week to Writing Our Lives. If you're interested in doing an interview, posting a book excerpt or trading reviews with another author, please send me a message and get in line. P.S. My blog is www.widowsphere.blogspot.com

message 2: by Mirta (new)

Mirta Trupp Thelma wrote: "I am overwhelmed by the number of new books published every day. In an effort to help memoirists get attention, I've decided to devote one blog post per week to Writing Our Lives. If you're inter..."

Hello Thelma! I'd love the opportunity to do an interview for your blog. Count me in!
With Love, The Argentina Family: Memories of Tango and Kugel; Mate with Knishes

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Bogdanovic | 19 comments Thelma wrote: "I am overwhelmed by the number of new books published every day. In an effort to help memoirists get attention, I've decided to devote one blog post per week to Writing Our Lives. If you're inter..."

Hi, Thelma.
I'd love to take you up on your offer. You can learn more about me and my memoir, Truth Be Told: Adam Becomes Audrey, by visiting my author page here on goodreads.com. at: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/... or on amazon.com, at: http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Be-Told-B....
I look forward to hearing from you soon!

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace Peterson (gracepete) | 19 comments Hi Thelma, What a generous offer. I'd be thrilled to swap interviews with you. You can reach me by visiting my blog: www.gracepete.com.

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Pfeiler | 13 comments Thelma, I'd be happy to do an interview and provide an excerpt of my book. What do you need from me in order to proceed? (Btw - your blog is beautiful, an explosion of color!)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill Dobbe | 23 comments Hi Thelma,

I would love to be a part of your blog. I have a travel memoir that I would love to promote. Please contact me at www.facebook.com/JillDobbeAuthor. Thank you so much!

message 7: by Leila (new)

Leila Summers (leilasummers) | 770 comments Wonderful Thelma! I'll message you. x

message 8: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments This week's feature at www.widowsphere.blogspot.com is an interview with Mirta Trupp, author of With Love: The Argentine Family. Hope you'll take a look.
If you'd like to be featured with your memoir, send me a private message and I'll get you scheduled.

message 9: by Mirta (new)

Mirta Trupp Thelma wrote: "This week's feature at www.widowsphere.blogspot.com is an interview with Mirta Trupp, author of With Love: The Argentine Family. Hope you'll take a look.
If you'd like to be featured with your me..."

Thanks again for the opportunity Thelma!

message 10: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments My Thursday post on www.widowsphere.blogspot.com focuses on memoir. Today I have an interview with our own Judith Newton, author of Tasting Home: Coming of Age in the Kitchen. Please stop by and leave a comment that Judith can see.

message 11: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments Today's post in the series Writing Our Lives is an interview with memoir author Jill Dobbe, author of Here We Are and There We Go: Teaching and Traveling with Kids in Tow. www.widowsphere.blogspot.com Stop by and enjoy.

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Dalferes | 5 comments Hi Thelma. I'm very interested in being interviewed for blog - thx for the offer. Here is my author's website and you can contact me at kimba@kimdalferes.com

Website - www.kimdalferes.com

message 13: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments Today I'm interviewing Katherine Thompson, author of the memoir The Day I Woke Up. www.widowsphere.blogspot.com

message 14: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments Today's post is an interview with Joe Pfeifer, author of the delightful Half Italian (and then some). Check it out at www.widowsphere.blogspot.com

message 15: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 27 comments Today's interview is with Leila Summers, author of It Rains in February. Hope you'll stop by. www.widowsphere.blogspot.com

message 16: by Lilo (new)

Lilo (lilo-hp) | 137 comments Hi, Thelma, thanks for your offer. I'll get back to you when my early-childhood memoir hits the market. I am presently struggling with the final edit (and will soon be struggling with publishing problems as I am a computer-idiot).

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex | 3 comments Hi Thelma,

I'd love to be interviewed for your blog. I'm the author of the new autobiographical essay collection "No, Mr. Bond, I Expect Your Dreams To Die" -- 36 short pieces that I've written and performed at various storytelling and spoken-word shows.

My website is alexmstein.com and you can contact me at alexmstein@gmail.com. Thanks for what you're doing!

message 18: by John (new)

John Weaver (jtweaver) Hi Thelma, I would be happy to do an interview with you. My anecdotal memoir is "Uphill Both Ways" and my blog is jtweaver.net. I can be reached at jtweaver@jtweaver.net. Thank you very much.

message 19: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Rasley | 173 comments Has anyone else submitted to, or checked into, ReadWave? It's a platform for online publication of short pieces. The owner contacted me out of the blue and asked for a submission, so I put up an excerpt from one of my books. Check it out and use it for your own marketing, if you see any value in it. http://www.readwave.com/the-man-on-th...

message 20: by Hilary (new)

Hilary Grossman | 15 comments hi Thelma! I would love to be interviewed by you! my memoir is Dangled Carat - it is about my attempt to convert a commitment-phobic man into a husband with help from his family and friends. in return, I have a relationship blog where most of the posts are by guests. I would love to welcome you to post any relationship story so I can cross promote you. my email is Hilary@dangledcarat.com

message 21: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Rasley | 173 comments Amazon Books has begun a new marketing plan called "Countdown Deals". Book prices are reduced for 4 days, the first day to a minimum of $0.99, but increasing by $1.00 each day. At 8:00 PT today my first try at this begins for my book, Monsters of the Midway, http://www.amazon.com/MONSTERS-Resurr...

Is anyone else giving it a try? We should compare results.

message 22: by Russ (last edited Nov 27, 2013 08:23AM) (new)

Russ Woody | 29 comments Thelma

At the risk of piling on top of a pile-on, I'd like to offer the memoir also. I'm rather new to the book writing situation, as I've been writing television (mostly comedy) for the last 25 years or so -- and am trying to make the leap to "real" writing. I've written for Murphy Brown, Cybill, Mad About You, Becker, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere and plenty of shows much more embarrassing.

My book is about the incredible year and a half I got to spend with my dad as he was dying of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)... while I was producing/writing Becker. It was an amazing time for me. The cast and crew (Ted Danson especially) adopted him and did so many kind things for him. Meanwhile, he was able to spend all sorts of time with my two sons, Henry and Joe. It was a year and half chockablock with laughs bittersweet moments that I'm grateful I was able to experience.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Russ
Heroic Heart -- A Story about Fathers and Sons