PenPal Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive [General] > Seeking a Penpal 2013-2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 938 (938 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Hi guys! This is the topic where we will connect with our penpal! I would recommend starting with one because it can get kind of hectic. That being said if you would like to have more than one that's totally up to you! So just post a little about yourself and your interests and if someone is interested they can respond here and you will continue your correspondence through messages!

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments So! I'm looking for a penpal as well!
I'm Zoe! I'm 17 and from New York City. I'm willing to start writing really soon and would love to have a penpal from anywhere (you don't have to live in the US)!
My parents are divorced. I have two dogs. I have a half brother. I love to read (obviously) I love the show skins (british version only). School is really important to me and I have a boyfriend and his name is ryan.

I'm looking for a penpal to discuss/exchange books with but also to go further than reading and talk about my daily life and yours as well!

PM me if interested (:

message 3: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) i'm Lissette! i'm 17, i'm from NYC. i have a dog, i have 3 siblings who are all older than me. i really love to read, i'm graduating from high school :) so i'm excited and nervous to start College. i like school, i have so many different friends i love hanging out with them. favorite shows:HIMYM, Pretty Little Liars, NIkita.
i'm looking to talk about books, movies, tv shows, favorite actors, and just life in general.about yours or mines lol doesn't matter.
pm me if interested :)

message 4: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) Hi im carmen :) im from the north pf spain i love reading and i always wanted to write something but im not good at it. I love reading and im trying to make my sister read all the books i love so far she have read 3 xD
I eill love to find someone to talk about books and to compare opinions and things like that :D

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hey I'm Sarah. Also looking for a penpal :) I'm 17 and from Ireland :) I would really like a penpal from a different country. Hmmm I like to read, write, draw and listen to music. I'm planning on self publishing a novel that I've been working on for over a year in the next couple of weeks. I love the tv show Revenge!! I have a dog and a guinea pig and a little brother too :p School is kind of important to me but I think that living your life, friends and family are way more important.
So that's really it about me :)

message 6: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Sarah i would love to be your penpal! :) i'm getting into the show Revenge it's on Netflixs the first season and it's so amazing, :)

message 7: by Natalie (Never trust a duck) (last edited Jun 09, 2013 02:32PM) (new)

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Hiya, I'm Natalie. I'm the youngster of the group, 14. I think having a penpal would be champ, but I guess i have trust issues, still I'd like to try. I like to draw, write, listen to McFly, and READ!! I'm from the U.S.A. I have two cats, one of which doesn't like me :) I find school important, but i'm feeling scared about entering high school :/ Exchanging books would be fun! I like the shows Supernatural, Doctor Who, Lost, and Friends.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lissette wrote: "Sarah i would love to be your penpal! :) i'm getting into the show Revenge it's on Netflixs the first season and it's so amazing, :)"

Oh my god wait till you see the second season!!!!! :o shocking :p

message 9: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) ok cool :)

message 10: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) omg i love lost, Friends and Supernatural, i'm still on season 2 on supernatural but my goal this summe ris to watch all the seasons. Doctor Who i' ve seen the first 3 episodes of the first season with Rose and it's interesting.

message 11: by Sydney (last edited Jun 11, 2013 09:06PM) (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Hi you guys! I'm Sydney and I'm 18, I'm from Texas. I just graduated from high school last Friday and I'm going to college in the fall. I LOVE animals and I have 3 dogs, a cat, a snake and I am also a vegetarian. I don't have any siblings, but i do have a friend who lives with me. My mom is a librarian and I love to read, especially young adult books. My favorite TV shows are Castle, The Big Bang Theory, and Once Upon A Time.
I would really love to have a pen pal to talk about books with and just life in general also. So feel free to PM me!:)

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Hollinger  (babygirls1980) I am from Mississippi. I am 32 years "young". I love to read and write. I am a nurse, wife and mother of three daughters. I would love to have a pen pal. I read all kinds of books.

message 13: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) | 23 comments Hey Paige! I am in Louisiana...but about to move back to Waveland!

message 14: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) | 23 comments My name is Bridgett, 28. I read almost anything. I work as a paralegal in New Orleans. About to move back to Mississippi. I love writing letters.

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Hollinger  (babygirls1980) Bridgett wrote: "Hey Paige! I am in Louisiana...but about to move back to Waveland!"

Cool! I live close to Oxford.

message 16: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) hey Sydney! wow you have so many animals, i love Once Upon A Time and The Big Bang Theory Sheldon and Leonard are my favorite along with everyone else.
Penny's funny and Amy's so randon and weird lol and Beradette is so adorable.

message 17: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Lissette wrote: "hey Sydney! wow you have so many animals, i love Once Upon A Time and The Big Bang Theory Sheldon and Leonard are my favorite along with everyone else.
Penny's funny and Amy's so random and weird l..."

Yeah I love all my animals, when I go away for school I won't be able to have them with me, so that'll be kinda a big change.
Amy and Sheldon are my favorites :) they're hilarious!

message 18: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) yea they are funny i love when Penny tries to hug him and he doesn't like it lol

message 19: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) And when he does let her hug him, he gets sick!

message 20: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) yea i know :) i feel like they have more moments than penny and leonard do, people ship them more together.

message 21: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) I loove bog bang theory!! I love the chapter when penny falls in the shower and sheldon has to take her to the hospital

message 22: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) yea that one was swtt. oh Carmen where are you up to in Wither?

message 23: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) Im in chapter 17 i think i couldnt read much yesterday because i had an exam today
You?

message 24: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) i'm on chapter 21. it's getting very good

message 25: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) Ill read tonight

message 26: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) ok great then :)

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) My Names Amanda, 21 years old turning 22 in August. :) I live in California. I love reading mostly YA but I'm trying to explore out of my comfort zone. I have 2 cats and 1 dog. I have 1 older brother and 1 older step sister, and 1 younger step sister. My favorite TV Shows are Body of Proof, Pretty Little Liars, Revenge, Supernatural, and The Vampire Diaries.

message 28: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) omg yay! A PLL fan i still have to see the season 4 premire! i'm on season 4 of TVD :) i hate Elena in this season like she's trying to be a badass vampire but she's not.

message 29: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Anne (goodreadscomtattle) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Shelby - 18 years old, from Arkansas. I love reading YA and historical fiction, but unlike most I'm not a fan of heavy emphasis on romance. Dystopain and fairy tale retellings are great. <3 I'm into a bunch of nerdy stuff as well, like World of Warcraft, anime/manga, mythology, Star Trek (the newer ones), Marvel & DC comics, Legend of Zelda, so on and so forth. I'd love to write with anyone on a similar nerdy level and would be especially interested in people who prefer medium-to-longer letters and lots of Q&A. :)

message 30: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) nice to meet you Shelby! my name's Lissette, i'm 17 :)i'm from New York.

message 31: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) Shelby wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Shelby - 18 years old, from Arkansas. I love reading YA and historical fiction, but unlike most I'm not a fan of heavy emphasis on romance. Dystopain and fairy tale retellings are ..."
Fairy tale retellings are the best! So is mythology! I absolutely love mythology, especially Greek.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Lissette wrote: "omg yay! A PLL fan i still have to see the season 4 premire! i'm on season 4 of TVD :) i hate Elena in this season like she's trying to be a badass vampire but she's not."

I'm caught up on both shows and they are one of my favorites to watch. I totally agree with you on Elena though.

message 33: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) yea they are mine too :)

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Sydney wrote: "Shelby wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Shelby - 18 years old, from Arkansas. I love reading YA and historical fiction, but unlike most I'm not a fan of heavy emphasis on romance. Dystopain and fairy tale ..."

I love Greek mythology!!! especially Apollo

message 35: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) yea i love the twins :)

message 36: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Hello ;) My name is Tessa from the netherlands I'm 16 years old. And I love YA , Romance , Fantasy , Sci-fi, and mistery I really like to talk of stuff random stuff ;D Im so curious how life is going in the rest of the world round my age. :)

So feel free to add / mail me ,, I

message 37: by Liza Grace (new)

Liza Grace | 11 comments Hi I'm Grace. I'm 13. I have been dancing for eight years now. I do mainly ballet (point), tap and jazz though I also do some hip-hop and irish. I also love reading (obviously), writing (even though I'm terrible), singing (again even though I'm terrible) and baking/cooking. I am the middle child of five. I love staying up late and sleeping in. I'm home-schooled. I am a little bit obsessed with Percy Jackson, and I have never had a pen pal before. =)

message 38: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (TinyMonkey) | 1 comments Hi I'm Tiffany(and I'm back here after 24 exams!), I'm 19 and I'm French. I'd like to have a penpal so I can improve my English. We would be talking about books and our daily life ^w^ I'm a second year (sophomore) in both English and Japanese at college.

I like hanging out with friends, dancing, having fun in general. I'm a HUGE fan of Disney and I'm proud of that. I went to Dublin 4 months and totally fell in love with the city and Ireland. I can't wait to visit Dublin again and maybe visit Ireland a little more. I also like watching series ; my favorite is Once Upon a Time.

message 39: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Eliza wrote: "Hi I'm Grace. I'm 13. I have been dancing for eight years now. I do mainly ballet (point), tap and jazz though I also do some hip-hop and irish. I also love reading (obviously), writing (even thoug..."

ahhh so cool that your home schooled! are all of your siblings home schooled?

message 40: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hi I'm Tiffany(and I'm back here after 24 exams!), I'm 19 and I'm French. I'd like to have a penpal so I can improve my English. We would be talking about books and our daily life ^w^ I'm a second ..."

your english is A+!
how were your tests?

message 41: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments OH and i'm zoe! i'm the moderator! and i'm Still looking for a penpal! message me if interested

message 42: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Mae Hi everyone :)I'm Ilma, I'm 18 and I'm from a small country in southeastern Europe you probably never heard of (former Yugoslavia) :) I recently graduated from high school and I'm going to college in october, looking forward to be a translator. I spend most of my time with my boyfriend as well as reading an drawing :D I'm a LOTR fan, I play World of Warcraft a bit, and mostly read historic fiction. I would love to have a penpal, so fee free to message me :) <3

message 43: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Ivy wrote: "Hi everyone :)I'm Ilma, I'm 18 and I'm from a small country in southeastern Europe you probably never heard of (former Yugoslavia) :) I recently graduated from high school and I'm going to college ..."

aw welcome Ivy!

message 44: by Liza Grace (new)

Liza Grace | 11 comments Yes Zoe, my siblings and I are all home schooled, though my eldest brother just finished his first year of college at Mott. My younger brother is just three so he hasn't started any real school yet.

message 45: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Eliza wrote: "Yes Zoe, my siblings and I are all home schooled, though my eldest brother just finished his first year of college at Mott. My younger brother is just three so he hasn't started any real school yet."

have you always been homeschooled? that's awesome

message 46: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kmarford) Hello everyone! I'm Kaitlyn and I am about to be a 20 year old college sophomore. I like reading YA and watch TV shows like Perception, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, and Once Upon a Time. I love traveling, going on walks, and learning about other cultures.
PM me if you want to be a pen pal.

message 47: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Mae Kaitlyn wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm Kaitlyn and I am about to be a 20 year old college sophomore. I like reading YA and watch TV shows like Perception, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, and Once Upon a Time. I love traveling..."

Hey Kaitlyn, welcome :D I love NCIS :) PM?

message 48: by Liza Grace (new)

Liza Grace | 11 comments Yep, my mother has always home schooled us :)

message 49: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Hi guys! Has anyone actually started writing to a penpal who they connected with using this group?

message 50: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Hey everyone! I'm Shelby, I am 16 years of age and I live in eastern Washington (the state, not DC). I love mythological books like Percy Jackson, but I'm also a sucker for romance like Nicholas Sparks books. :) I'm willing to correspond through email if anyone's interested

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.