quotablebookquotes discussion

The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)
This topic is about The Austere Academy
A Series of Unfortunate Events > The Austere Academy: Chapters 9 - 13

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 5 stars

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) | 261 comments Mod
Pages 132 - 221

message 2: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 5 stars

The ending of this novel was so disappointing. It all looked so promising, and although I had my doubts that the Baudelaire's teacher were good people, they proved that they alone had the children's best interests at heart out of all the adults.

The triplet's situation grives me deeply, though Mr. Snicket's promise that the Baudelaires will see them again gives me some hope for their situation. .

I will be adding my quotes at a later date due to the fact that I am currently sick and running the book club from my phone. As I have mentioned before, I will be going away for ten days or so on the 23rd, so I wiill be reading the next book in the series shortly.

message 3: by Trish, IT (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trish (the-bookshelf-at-the-end) | 112 comments Mod
Lemony Snicket's costume party story that leaves is hanging is so frustrating haha I really want to know the rest of what he was going to say *sigh*

I wish I could smack Mr. Poe because the kids have been right about every instance so why does he doubt them every time ugh! And Nero...

The teachers were actually quite nice at the end, I wish there had been more of them helping out the kids or something. They really did care about the kids, even getting fired :/

And poor Quagmires! I adore those two... Knowing Lemony Snicket, I'm afraid the next time they'll see them is within minutes of their death or something :( I wish the book hadnt ended so darkly, usually there's a bit of lightness with the prospect of going somewhere different but we just end with the kidnapping... Poor kids.

Any thoughts?

message 4: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 5 stars

I really hated the fact that Mr. Poe was there to give Nero candy and jewelry to that cakesniffer. That part cut me deep. I liked that Poe seemed a little more open to Olaf this time, though. Slightly.