quotablebookquotes discussion

The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)
This topic is about The Austere Academy
A Series of Unfortunate Events > The Austere Academy: Chapters 5 - 8

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 5 stars

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) | 261 comments Mod
Pages 69 - 131

message 2: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 5 stars

I feel rather stupid that it's taken me so long to figure out that Beatrice is a reference to Dante. I'm so disappointed in myself.

I'm a little excited to find out what Olaf's big plot is and what happens to the other Orphans. Excited, but also nervous and sad. So far running laps doesn't sound so bad.

message 3: by Trish, IT (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trish (the-bookshelf-at-the-end) | 112 comments Mod
I didn't even notice Beatrice being a reference to Dante-- apparently there are more connections between Lemony and Beatrice and Dante and Beatrice in later books in the series and companion books of which I should really read once our series is over ^^

The Quagmire Triplets are so great, it'll be disappointing to see how the Baudelaires are ripped away from them somehow... I'm just expecting it. Duncan and Violet are really cute, but I'm sure Violet is too unfortunate for any kind of relationship :(

And Olaf has really got me curious with his scheme... Like what will running for over 30 laps do? Hmm... But one thing is for sure, the Baudelaires must be in GREAT shape because I would have died like after the 6th or 7th lap haha!

message 4: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 5 stars

Running isn't my forte either, probably because I spend too much time sitting and reading.

I'm excited for these references. I read The Divine Comedy two years ago (though it seems not so long ago, even though I can't remember a lot of it). I love Dante a lot <3