Beta Reader Group discussion

Seeking Beta Readers for satirical fantasy, 105k words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E.A.A. (new)

E.A.A. Wilson | 3 comments "Something Rotten"

Purgatory is in trouble. Strange deals and corruption are preventing dead people from ascending to their final resting place, but the ferryman can't just stop bringing new arrivals over from the murky shores of death.

Alice Shepherd, who has only been dead five years, is just a junior administrator at the Office of Transition. Yet she knows she has no choice but to take on the fat bureaucrats that run purgatory and set things straight before overpopulation becomes a problem.

Can Alice unclog a corrupt system before the streets are overrun by dead people? And what happens when two drunk guardian angels accidentally open the doors to Hell? When unemployment in purgatory hits an all-time high, how can dead souls work towards their redemption? And how will citizens react when the mayor closes the largest oyster-shucking plant in order to build purgatory's first prison?

If you like looking at the world from beneath a raised eyebrow or down a slightly wrinkled nose, then you'll love Something Rotten.

I'm seeking beta readers to help me take my debut novel from draft to final before I approach agents. Hope you can help!

Elizabeth

message 2: by Ray (new)

Ray Daley | 33 comments Sounds way cool, Robert Rankin cool in fact. Send me a PM, I'd love to read it.

message 3: by E.A.A. (new)

E.A.A. Wilson | 3 comments Thank you! I actually met Robert Rankin and read him my pitch, to some good feedback and a few laughs! I hope you like it.

Cheers

Elizabeth

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella | 2 comments Hi there! Your story sounds really neat, I'd also love to give it a read. Please PM, after Friday I have a lot of free time coming up to help out :)