Gillifans discussion

More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
This topic is about More Fun With Dick And Shane
Buddy reads > More fun with Dick and Shane **spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danni | 136 comments Mod
Buddy read away...

Vivian Thanks for setting it up, Danni :D

Jill | 25 comments Thanks, Danni!

Vivian I also invited Heather if she finished up and wanted to join us.

Jill | 25 comments Sweet, the more the merrier :D

Vivian Starting tomorrow, ladies!

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments I'm going to try to finish book 1 tonight, if not I'll catch you ladies tomorrow and or tuesday and start then!

Jill | 25 comments I'm starting now and already chuckling big time, although that's no surprise :D

Vivian I might start this sooner rather than later because what I'm reading now is pissing me off. I might need Gilli therapy.

message 11: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments I'm at the 16% mark and picturing Gilli (view spoiler)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments I'm going to start this after Wide Awake, which I am reading now!

message 13: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments Rebecah wrote: "I know Shane can be an ass but I believe he really does care for Gilli. [spoilers removed]"

I agree. And (view spoiler)

I'm with Gilli though, I want him to SAY IT!

Vivian 5%
Hysterical quote:
It must have been reviewed by a hoard of misery loving emo music moguls. The cover should carry an advisory label for self-harmers plus a complimentary pack of steristrips and instructions on how to apply them to gaping wrist wounds.

Vivian I want a Dalek keyring!

Vivian Dangers of pine needles-- laugh out loud moment

Vivian OMG!
Nothing helped and nowhere could I find a Shane’llkillmefix.

message 18: by Jill (last edited Jun 10, 2013 08:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments I know - so many laughs right out of the gate!

Vivian The friggin' toilet...oh dear.

Vivian Oh dear. I just remembered vomiting in my brother's sneakers--yes, it was intentional. I was seasick and it was freezing topside so I spied his shoe--he'd been a jerk, if not that evening then at some point to justify my absconding and barfing in it. Spared me getting up and hitting the head.

Gilli reminds me of some of the funniest things I've done :)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments Okay! I'm reading now ladies!!

Vivian Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Okay! I'm reading now ladies!!"

Yay!

Vivian I have to say, I generally subscribe to Gilli's MO:

It is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Vivian I LOVED Battlecat--I think I had an unhealthy fixation on him. Cringer, could bite it, but Battlecat was sexy goodness. Strange I didn't want He-Man? Oh well.

Vivian Another reading from the Tao of Gilli:
(view spoiler)

Vivian I'm feeling all sad now :(
21% (view spoiler)

message 27: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments @42% OMG! Ginger! haha!

Vivian Shane drives me nuts. Reminds me of my dad--of course, I wasn't trying to fuck him so can't really relate completely with Gilli. Of course, my dad never said those three words either. Still loved him. *sigh

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments I'm at 26%! I want to post some quotes but I'm too busy at work right now :(

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments The toilet incident killed me! When Dick said "That must have been quite some fart Gil" I died laughing.

Vivian Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "The toilet incident killed me! When Dick said "That must have been quite some fart Gil" I died laughing."

Freaking hysterical and such a are-you-kidding-me moment. Poor Gilli.

Vivian Jilly wrote: "@42% OMG! Ginger! haha!"

I laughed so hard that I'm in tears.

Vivian This is so me. And yes, I've been walloped by them.
45% (view spoiler)

Vivian Is it just me or would you have learned to call before bringing home unexpected guests? That said, frickin' hysterical.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments Shane is so hard on poor Gilli right now! (30%) I hope he gets nicer soon!

Vivian Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Shane is so hard on poor Gilli right now! (30%) I hope he gets nicer soon!"

I think he is permanently in the hard ass department. Love them, but what a heartless prick sometimes.

Vivian Another reading from the Tao of Gilli:
56%(view spoiler)

Vivian Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "OMG! The ginger!!!"

Poor Gilli. Dick's way more adventurous than our gentle one.

Reminds me of the day I bit a dachshund at a BBQ because someone told me they were called hot dogs--didn't taste anything like a hot dog.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments Vivian wrote: "Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "OMG! The ginger!!!"

Poor Gilli. Dick's way more adventurous than our gentle one.

Reminds me of the day I bit a dachshund at a BBQ because someone tol..."

No way!! :P

Vivian You have no idea, Heather.

As a kid I was very guillable and had an extremely good imagination--plus, I took a lot of thing literally. I remember my parents discussing something about eating bull testicles. So I'm wandering through the fridge looking for snacks and pushing aside bottles of this and that--come across one labeled "pig knuckles". Eeewww...gross, though they didn't look much like knuckles, of course, I was thinking of fingers and clearly, pigs don't have fingers so they were joints.

I then find another large bottle with two enormous balls floating. I remember the conversation and quickly slam the fridge shut! For years, YEARS I thought gefilte fish were bull testicles!

Vivian Good lord, some of these quotes are just too precious:
68% (view spoiler)

Vivian Hey! I was like 3 or 4 when I bit the dog--not a grown up.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments Vivian wrote: "You have no idea, Heather.

As a kid I was very guillable and had an extremely good imagination--plus, I took a lot of thing literally. I remember my parents discussing something about eating bull..."

LOL!! I think gefilte fish is nasty either way!

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 39 comments LOL at 64%!! (view spoiler)

Vivian Yep. Funny one, Heather.

Vivian Gefilte fish doesn't taste like much, just a fishball, then again a bunch of that regional food isn't exactly flavorful.

message 48: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments Gah! I've had a long one at work today and I'm just now back to reading. At 48% and Gilli's back to causing trouble with the toilet again :D

message 49: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments Gefilte fish?? I don't know what those are. I'm also gullible so I'll have to look them up or I'll believe whatever you tell me they are ;)

message 50: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill | 25 comments Oh and now I've just read rest of the comments - fishball, hmmm.

« previous 1