Pakistani Readers discussion

Updates > Page Cover

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Faheem (last edited Jul 22, 2017 07:09AM) (new)

Faheem  (faheeem) | 1596 comments Mod
Page cover

The cover will be changed based on special events; celebrations, National Days, Birthdays & anniversaries of famous People preferably Pakistanis, or it'll feature something related to Pakistan or Pakistani Culture. Usually, The cover will stay in place for a week if there is no important in the following week*.

Now I can make the cover's but I am going to need help from you guys. Firstly, I need pics for the covers.
Secondly, I'll be needing one or two volunteers too

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share it. :)

Members can make requests for special covers on specific dates. We'll try our best to make them happen. I started with a picture from my convocation, hope you guys won't mind.

You can send pictures on following email id:

pakistanireaders@gmail.com

Subject "pr cover pic"
do mention a title for the cover.
he pic should be preferably of following dimensions
970*240, otherwise i'll have to crop it myself.

Event Calendar for Page cover, If some relevant event is missing just comment below. It will be added to list.

Date Event

Jan-1 New Year's Day, BD: Hasrat Mohani
Jan-11 Aniversary: Ibn-e-Insha
Jan-14 BD: Ahmad Faraz
Jan-18 Aniversary: Saadat Hassan Manto
Jan-29 BD: Abdus Salam

Feb-5 Kashmir Day
Feb-13 Birthday: Faiz Ahmad Faiz
Feb-15 Aniversary: Ghalib
Feb-26 BD: Qudrat Ullah Shahab

Mar-2 Aniversary: Nasir Kazmi
Mar-5 Holi
Mar-12 Aniversary: Ada Jafri
Mar-13 Aniversary: Habib Jalib,Hasrat Mohani
Mar-17 Aniversary: Daagh Dehlvi
Mar-23 Pakistan Day

Apr-6 BD: Jigar Moradabadi
Apr-9 BD: Munir Niazi

May-1 Labour Day

Jun-13 Aniversary: Mehdi Hassan
Jun-15 Birthday: Ibn-e-Insha
Jun-16 Aniversary: Mahbub ul Haq (Economist)

Jul-10 Aniversary: Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi
Jul-18 Eid-ul-Fitr
Jul-19 Aniversary: Saghar Siddiqui
Jul-24 Aniversary: Qudrat Ullah Shahab

Aug-4 BD: Amjad Islam Amjad
Aug-14 Independence Day
Aug-16 Aniversary: Maulvi Abdul Haq / Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Aug-22 BD: Ashfaq Ahmed,Ada Jafri
Aug-25 Aniversary: Ahmad Faraz

Sep-6 Defence Day
Sep-7 Aniversary: Ashfaq Ahmed
Sep-9 Aniversary: Jigar Moradabadi
Sep-11 Anniversary: Quaid-e-Azam

Oct-23 Day of Ashura
Oct-27 Kashmir Black Day

Nov-8 Aniversary: Jon Elia
Nov-9 Aniversary: Iqbal Day
Nov-11 Diwali
Nov-20 Aniversary: Faiz Ahmad Faiz, Birthday: Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi
Nov-21 Aniversary: Abdus Salam
Nov-24 BD: Parveen Shakir
Nov-28 Birthday: Bano Qudsia

Dec-5 Aniversary: Patras Bokhari
Dec-8 Aniversary: Nasir Kazmi
Dec-16 Aniversary: Black day
Dec-23 Aniversary: Noor Jehan
Dec-25 Quaid-e-Azam Day / Chirstmas
Dec-26 Aniversary: Parveen Shakir,Munir Niazi
Dec-31 New Year's Eve

*Dates for Lunar based calendar events may vary.

message 2: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
i liked the new cover photo it was the glorious moment of your freedom and you can feel free to show case it anythime you want. ;p

liked the idea for the cover page as well.

message 3: by Faheem (new)

Maira wrote: "i liked the new cover photo it was the glorious moment of your freedom and you can feel free to show case it anythime you want. ;p

liked the idea for the cover page as well."

yup it was :)
i need pics to make this idea work. hope you guys will get fully involved. :)

message 4: by Faheem (last edited Jul 08, 2013 05:21AM) (new)

People send the your pics to following email id

faheeem.ahmed@gmail.com

with subject "pr cover pic"
also mention the title of pic in the mail.

The pic should be preferably of following dimensions
970*240, otherwise i'll have to crop it myself.

message 5: by Maira (new)

sure. just point us towars the right direction and we will be there to help you (iam saying it on my and everybody's else behalf since they seem to be absent here...so...don't throw me in fornt of the bus ;p)

message 6: by Zenab (new)

Zenab Ch | 2099 comments Mod
What kind of pictures are we looking for here?

message 7: by Faheem (new)

Maira wrote: "sure. just point us towars the right direction and we will be there to help you (iam saying it on my and everybody's else behalf since they seem to be absent here...so...don't throw me in fornt of ..."

don't worry, i wont be throwing you infront of bus or out of it, im not like @sohiab or @owaiz. :P

message 8: by Faheem (new)

Zenab wrote: "What kind of pictures are we looking for here?"

Pictures should be some how related to Pakistan, in any way, showing beautiful places, culture, famous people or any thing that you would like to share, ....
lets share our Pakistani experiences :)

It will be made the page cover. :)

message 9: by Maira (new)

how about we show the beauty of summer and the joy of vacations that comes with it?

message 10: by Maira (new)

Faheem wrote: "Maira wrote: "sure. just point us towars the right direction and we will be there to help you (iam saying it on my and everybody's else behalf since they seem to be absent here...so...don't throw m..."

never said you were. even they are not alike. ;p

message 11: by Faheem (new)

Maira wrote: "how about we show the beauty of summer and the joy of vacations that comes with it?"

why not,just send the pics. :)

message 12: by Maira (new)

ok.

message 13: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 125 comments Such a beautiful building, unfortuently we couldnt protect it:( Hope they will build it again..

message 14: by Maira (new)

love the cover page and i do hope too that they rebuilt it. it was our treasure and we lost it withotu a battle.

message 15: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments This topic seems dead but where ever I see something related to pics and designing, can't stop myself.
And this was really a good idea, now group has same cover all the time. :(

message 16: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Ahsen Tahiri (ahsentahiri) | 201 comments I was thinking too about the same-cover-all-the-time thing here. It should be dynamic.

message 17: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments I'll love to design cover for group if this topic breathes again.:P

message 18: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Ahsen Tahiri (ahsentahiri) | 201 comments Well hope for best till the mod-sauruses defossilize again.

message 19: by Faheem (new)

It used to be dynamic. Last time it was changed. Then I got a little busy n kind of forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. I"ll make a new one over the weekend.

It is changed on important days; national holidays, anniversaries of famous people preferably Pakistanis. Or on request of members.

message 20: by Faheem (new)

If someone could help with preparing the list of anniversaries or providing pics, that would be really great. :)

message 21: by Maira (new)

I tried to change it but went horribly wrong so I stopped with my pathetic attempts. :D I can provide the pictures and necessary data but the designing and editing someone else had to do it.

message 22: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Ahsen Tahiri (ahsentahiri) | 201 comments Well why not Narjis then mods?

message 23: by Faheem (last edited May 20, 2015 11:34AM) (new)

@maira, sure just send me the pictures and related materials, i can do it.

Editing takes time, but finding a suitable picture for the cover is much more time consuming. so some times even though i want to change the cover photo for an occasion, I couldn't because I am busy with something else. But if i have the picture, then i can takecare of editing.

if Narjis wana volunteer, she is most welcome, it'll divide the work load. :)

message 24: by Faheem (new)

I just got another idea, why don't we prepare a list of anniversaries, important events, other such important dates. This way we can prepare the covers before had and share it with @maria & @zenab, so all that we'll have to do is simply upload the cover on the respective date. What say you guys ?

message 25: by Maira (new)

I agree with u on that faheem. I will email u the picture and the details with it.

message 26: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments Faheem wrote: "if Narjis wana volunteer, he is most welcome, it'll divide the work load"

Oops, "he" is the wrong word here, I'm not a guy :(

After reading all discussion above, I can offer help in finding and editing pics. I'm graphic designer, I make and edit pics all the time, so I'll like to make covers according to dates or, without dates just for change, I mean whenever needed

message 27: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Ahsen Tahiri (ahsentahiri) | 201 comments Ohms...graphics...Gonna attend your class sometimes. :P

message 28: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments And bring some books as fee :P

message 29: by Maira (new)

oooo...Nice Nirgis

message 30: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
And Dp needs to be changed as well............... PLj! :)

message 31: by Faheem (new)

Narjis wrote: "Faheem wrote: "if Narjis wana volunteer, he is most welcome, it'll divide the work load"

Oops, "he" is the wrong word here, I'm not a guy :(
."

n who said, you are a guy :P.

message 32: by Faheem (new)

I know I did, I am so sorry for that, I swear I didn't do it on purpose and just as I clicked the post button, I noticed it and changed it immediately. :)

message 33: by Faheem (new)

@Narjis, so graphic desinger, Nice, a professional or a student ?, n which softwares do u use ?

message 34: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments Faheem wrote: "I know I did, I am so sorry for that, I swear I didn't do it on purpose and just as I clicked the post button, I noticed it and changed it immediately. :)"

It's ok, I was just worried that my name isn't girly :P

And technically I design professionally with photoshop, digital image editing/making and web design.

message 35: by Faheem (new)

Narjis wrote: "Faheem wrote: "I know I did, I am so sorry for that, I swear I didn't do it on purpose and just as I clicked the post button, I noticed it and changed it immediately. :)"

It's ok, I was just worr..."

hey a fellow photoshopper :D

I also use photoshop, I did little poster designing for the student societies back in university. Now I use it quite rarely; like for making cover pages etc

message 36: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments Faheem wrote: "hey a fellow photoshopper :D

I also use photoshop, I did little poster designing for the student societies back in university. Now I use it quite rarely; like for making cover pages etc "

Hey! its always a pleasure to see a fellow photoshoper :D

In the age of IT, its good to have grip on photoshop, it has become like household :P

message 37: by Aakash (new)

@narjis do the Dp too. :)

message 38: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments @Aakash yeah, DP change is another good option :)

message 39: by Aakash (new)

:)

message 40: by Faheem (last edited May 21, 2015 12:56PM) (new)

Narjis wrote: " Hey! its always a pleasure to see a fellow photoshoper :D

In the age of IT, its good to have grip on photoshop, it has become like household :P "

Yup, you need it from time to time, n you can earn few easy treats when you friends need it ;)

message 41: by Faheem (new)

so we now all we need is the list of important dates, I'll start with an thread for with an initial list, which can be then modified through suggestions from other members.

message 42: by Narjis (new)

Narjis Naqvi | 713 comments Waiting for thread...

message 43: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 486 comments Put this please: http://imgur.com/3QeDhSF

message 44: by Faheem (new)

Genio wrote: "Put this please: http://imgur.com/3QeDhSF"

I am afraid, we don't put memes as covers, but if you some other non meme cover request, then please do share, we'll try to include it in the cover list. :)

message 45: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 486 comments Faheem wrote: "Genio wrote: "Put this please: http://imgur.com/3QeDhSF"

I am afraid, we don't put memes as covers, but if you some other non meme cover request, then please do share, we'll try to include it in t..."

That's not a meme...that's...the truth, actually....ok I'll see myself out.

message 46: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments I love the current one! So cool!!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

simple chand tara n white n green... its simle revrse to Patriotism.

message 48: by Faheem (new)

Farhaj wrote: "simple chand tara n white n green... its simle revrse to Patriotism."

Making page cover takes times. currently we have only two volunteers for graphics work and sometimes they are not available so we use something simple. Also we don't have an upcoming event in our calendar. I have added the list in the first comment. You can help us expand the list. :)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

sir!morning!n ok!

message 50: by Aakash (new)

How is this? ;)

« previous 1