UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Author Iain Banks has died

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Just seen the news that Iain Banks has died. He was only 59. He died of gall bladder cancer. Such sad news.

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam Kates | 333 comments That's two authors I very much liked within a few days of each other. Although Tom Sharpe went at a ripe old age, Iain Banks was far too young.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Pearson | 259 comments :~(

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments :-(

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9057 comments I shall toast him with a Laphraoig later, and say thanks for the pleasure that his work has given me.

He is away the crow road, and will be missed.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21703 comments A fine writer, a great imagination, he's left us some good stuff

message 7: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Carter | 199 comments :(

message 8: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments It wasn't that long ago that someone (geoff maybe?) posted an article where he announced he was ill. I assume he announced it because he knew he didn't have long left. It's so sad. I feel really sorry for his family and for Ems who is going through the same thing.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments Very sad.

message 10: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown | 4128 comments Grim news, but his place in the history of Scottish literature is assured.

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments April, Jud!

He said he hadn't a year left but I didn't expect him to die so soon. The news this morning really did shock me.

May he rest in peace xx

message 12: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Sad news indeed.
I believe his final interview will be shown on Wednesday.