Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Rebecca (rebeccas_books) | 340 comments Mod
Read a good Crime Novel lately? Or one that didn't live up to your expectations? Post your reviews here.

message 2: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 661 comments Mod
My review of Promise You won't Tell?:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

This was very different from how I thought it would be but is nonetheless amazing. And FREE on Amazon :) A great crime novel!

message 3: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

My review of In Too Deep:

This was great! I can't believe I'm the only person on here who's read it!

message 4: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Every Breath You Take

Every breath you take, I'll be watching youuuuu...

Realism in crime fiction is great, and it doesn't get any more real than Sheila Quigley's Lorraine Hunt series.

message 5: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

A Taste for Blood
A new crime/thriller coming out soon, pretty good and with plenty of unexpected twists.

My review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 6: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Stalking Sapphire

A very different type of crime novel and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My Review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 9: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Thought I'd post this one as it was a great read.

And it's free on Amazon Kindle until the 27th August.

And I'm the only one on here who's reviewed it :O My review is lonely!

The Rotting Spot (A Bruce and Bennett Mystery- Book 1) by Valerie Laws

message 10: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - 5 stars

'She was gone, and yet she was more present than anyone else. I'd fallen in love with Amy because I was the ultimate Nick with her. Loving her made me superhuman, it made me feel alive.'

message 11: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

3/5 stars to Death By Honeymoon by Jaden Skye

'She suddenly realised that it didn't matter. Maybe it wasn't about ever getting over it. It was about finding the truth, getting justice for Clint, stopping worse things from happening. There was no time for self-pity. She had a big job ahead.'

message 13: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Selling Scarlett (Love Inc., #1) by Ella James

'As she puts the earrings on me, I feel a sense of total peace. And okay, it evaporates as soon as they leave the room and a little speaker on the bed tells me I'd be live in two minutes. But before that moment, I feel valued and loved. Here in a brothel.'

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Sam H (new)

message 16: by Sam H (new)

Sam H  Arnold (samharnold) The Outcast Dead by Elly Griffiths
The Outcast Dead - Elly Griffiths

5 stars

message 19: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) An awesome Jewish murder mystery reviewed and absolutely liked Wedding Wipeout by Jacob M. Appel . No matter what the other reviewers say, I am all for the book and honestly hope another one to come out soon. Check out the book at Wedding Wipeout by Jacob M. Appel

message 20: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) A brilliant murder mystery with a hint of romance in it Amazon Burning by Victoria Griffith
Mystery romance lovers must try it. Check out my review at Amazon Burning

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (RachelMeehan) | 26 comments The Devil (Jack Taylor, #8) by Ken Bruen Crime fiction with a difference when you are up against the Devil himself..

message 22: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Grandmaster's King (Ray Gordon #2) by Michael Weitz is the second in the Ray Gordon mysteries. Another brilliant work by Michael Weitz, this is a notch up from the first book. Totally awesome. check out my review at The Grandmaster's King

message 23: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Even Dead Men Play Chess by Michael Weitz is a chess based murder mystery. Do not go by the title of the book. Although the title in itself is not very catchy, the story is irresistible. A completely engrossing tale, it is a must read for all murder mystery / thriller enthusiasts. Check out my review at Even Dead Men Play Chess

message 24: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Thirteen Suspects Thirteen Suspects by C.M. Okonkwo

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Check out the complete review at Thirteen Suspects

A sex filled murder mystery. The murdered victim had sexual encounters with 13 females, all of which are described in vivid details in his diary named "YOLO". The detectives investigating the murder comes across this book and thus the 13 characters are placed under suspicion.

The story is a murder mystery for the sake of saying. It is basically an erotic diary of a sex starved hostel guy.

View all my reviews

message 25: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Herbie's Diner Herbie's Diner by L. Joseph Shosty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Check out the complete review at Herbie's Diner

It is truly a short read, just some 60 odd pages. The story starts in the middle, where Actor Johnny Hardwood, who is being a detective, is sitting at Herbie's Diner, waiting for a suspect. And then the author takes us on a journey where the action is happening, at the same time, the background is also being described wherever required.

Truly a fun read, especially just a for a couple of hours, as it gets over by then.

View all my reviews

message 26: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 1) The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins by Sandra Baublitz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read the complete review at The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 1)

A very short murder mystery but with such an awesome punch which sometimes even a full fledged novel cannot deliver. Clarissa and Paw are absolute lovable detectives. The Saint Bernard Paw is a darling digger and Clarissa is a very intuitive owner. Together, they manage to solve a murder mystery which was considered to be a suicide at first.

View all my reviews

message 27: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Red Christmas by Carmelo Massimo Tidona Red Christmas
Genre: Murder Mystery / Crime / Detective / Thriller / Psychological Thriller / Short Story
Review: Red Christmas - My Review
Rating: 5 stars
A true thriller in just a few words. Do not miss the last line. Sends shivers down the spine

message 28: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish by Stephen Leather Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish
Genre: Mystery / Short Story / Thriller / Detective / Crime
Review: Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish - My Review
Rating: 5 Stars
A very interesting Closed Door Murder Mystery giving due reference and honour to the greats in the industry - Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot

message 29: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Perfect Crime by Jack Erickson Perfect Crime
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Short Story / Fiction / Crime / Detective
Review: Perfect Crime - My Review
A wonderful attempt at a perfect crime and beautiful detective work all in just a handful of pages. Half an hour power packed read

message 30: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Frozen Past by Richard C. Hale Frozen Past
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Psychological Thriller / Detective / Crime / Young Adult / YA Romance
Review: Frozen Past - My Review
An absolutely engaging and engrossing thriller. Once you start, you can't put it down before finishing. Superb climax too

message 31: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Last Straw Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord by David Rheem Jarrett Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord
Genre: Psychological Thriller / Murder / Crime
Rating: 5 star
Review: Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord - My Review
A very well written psychological thriller which questions if the wrong is actually wrong or is it circumstantial right?

message 32: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler Dead Ringer
Genre: Thriller / Murder / Mystery / Crime / Detective
Rating: 3 starts
Review: Dead Ringer - My Review
An Average Thriller with a different concept. Like the concept, not fond of the pace unfortunately

message 33: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Amazing Airship Adventure by Derrick Belanger The Amazing Airship Adventure: The Macdougall Twins with Sherlock Holmes Book #1
Genre: Mystery / Adventure / Children
Rating: 3 star
Review: The Amazing Airship Adventure: The Macdougall Twins with Sherlock Holmes Book #1
Sherlock followers coming up

Green Witch, Dead Witch by Renee Benzaim Green Witch, Dead Witch
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Crime / Supernatural
Rating: 3 star
Review: Green Witch, Dead Witch
A murder mystery with Witches and Magick

Shirley Link and the Safe Case (Shirley Link, #1) by Ben Zackheim Shirley Link and the Safe Case
Genre: Childrens book / Mystery
Rating: 5 star
Review: Shirley Link and the Safe Case
A sweet and nice mystery with a cute 14 yr old detective

message 34: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Disappearance of Aunt Carol (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 2) by Sandra Baublitz The Disappearance of Aunt Carol
Genre: Mystery / Thriller / Detective / Animal / Short Story / Series / Childrens book
Rating: 5 Star
Review The Disappearance of Aunt Carol
Clarissa and Paw are back with another mystery to solve. This time it is to help a friend find her Aunt. Truly remarkable yet again, the duo

message 35: by Devi (last edited Jan 22, 2015 05:05AM) (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Olympus Killer (Greek Island Mysteries, #1) by Luke Christodoulou The Olympus Killer
Genre: Mystery / Murder / Crime / Detective / Thriller / Series
Review: The Olympus Killer
A fast paced thriller murder mystery with location and mythology based killing

Catch A Falling Star (An Eden Mystery) by Laurel Heidtman Catch A Falling Star
Genre: Mystery / Murder / Crime / Detective / Thriller
Review: Catch A Falling Star
Intense Murder / Theft Thriller with a soft start but gripping story

Five Crazy Days in May by D. D. Five Crazy Days in May
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Erotica
Rating: 1 Star
Review: Five Crazy Days in May
A murder mystery with a twist

Catching the Departed (Andy Karan, #1) by Kulpreet Yadav Catching the Departed
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Crime / Detective / Series / Terrorism
Rating: 3 Star
Review: Catching the Departed
An Indian Murder Mystery

Dangerous Vows by Ava Parker Dangerous Vows
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Romance / Crime / Detective / Spy
Review: Dangerous Vows
A roller coaster ride right from the first page to the last. Totally worth the stars

message 36: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Sunny Side Up (Lake Erie Mysteries Book 1) by Maureen K. Howard Sunny Side Up
Genre: Cozy Murder Mystery / Suspense / Adventure / Murder / Crime / Thriller
Review: Sunny Side Up
A cozy Murder Mystery to be read at leisurely pace

message 37: by Noorilhuda (new)

Noorilhuda | 37 comments An okay book, part one in a series:
Gone Before Goodbye (Love & Mystery in the--6-oh-3, #1) by Nora LeDuc

Read it under a review group:

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (RachelMeehan) | 26 comments Just finished Skin by Mo Hayder.
Review here https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 39: by Devi (last edited Jan 26, 2015 08:21PM) (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants #1) by Renee Benzaim Cause of Death
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Crime / Serial Killer / Psychological Crime / Detective / Series
Review: Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants #1)
A serial killer who kills using black widow bites and Annie Avants on his prowl

IT Can Be Dangerous by Ita Ryan IT Can Be Dangerous
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Crime / Detective / IT
Review: IT Can Be Dangerous
A murder in an IT firm and an innocent programmer becomes suspect

message 40: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Hard Play by Kurt Douglas Hard Play
Genre: Murder / Mytery / Crime / Thriller / Detective
Review: Hard Play
A murder mystery with an unconventional detective

message 41: by Justin (new)

Justin Fenech | 13 comments Good day all, I am looking to do a review swap for my latest novel. Anyone interested please email me on pessoafenech@gmail.com

Homo Ferus, an action-packed psychological thriller about a feral child raised by dingoes who is forced to come face to face with his humanity. A moral thought-experiment that delves into the nature vs. nurture debate, and, the question of when is it justified to kill.

Many thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TCM9R60

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (RachelMeehan) | 26 comments Just finished The Smile of a Ghost The Smile of a Ghost (Merrily Watkins, #7) by Phil Rickman A gentle but complex crime novel. My review is here

message 43: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Mind Me, Milady by Anne Rothman-Hicks Mind Me, Milady
Genre - Mystery / Thriller / Detective / Crime / Serial Killer
Rating - 5 Star
Review - Mind Me, Milady
The story is so gripping that it would really be impossible to keep the book down once you have started it.

message 44: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Mystery of the Missing Bear (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 4) by Sandra Baublitz The Mystery of the Missing Bear
Genre - YA / Children / Mystery / Suspense / Amateur Detective / Dog Detective / Short Story / Crime
Rating - 5 Star
Review - The Mystery of the Missing Bear
With Clarissa and Paw, of course, you cannot help but love them for their kindness to others, protective nature and love for each other. The bond between them is truly amazing. Sandra created yet another magic with Volume 4

« previous 1