The Liberal Politics & Current Events Book Club discussion

4 views
sci / tech + environmental news > Pound Foolish - The causes and consequences of obesity are settled science, right? Wrong.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Does being fat make you die sooner? Are we born with a fat gene? Are we fat because we overeat? Five studies poke holes in obesity understanding.

http://www.psmag.com/health/obesity-s...


message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling Contrary to popular opinion if you dig deep enough science usually becomes wrong or inaccurate.

It has only recently been determined that there are four basic types of gut bacteria collections (each person has about 40 percent in common with other people, the other 60 percent is a mix not found in every person) and each basic type handles food differently. So the idea that one diet will work for everyone is total nonsense and so is the idea that all foods are equally good for everyone.

I am sure it will turn out that SOME people actually need fat, alcohol, sugar, even things like tobacco to live longer healthier lives. So every single scientist that has been pushing one size fits all has been and still is talking nonsense.


back to top