What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book about a moose with a blueberry smile

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Jun 09, 2013 03:05AM) (new)

Jessica | 7 comments This is a children's book from the Parents Magazine Read Aloud Original series. Children take a boat to an island to pick blueberries and they eat blueberries and they see a moose with a blueberry smile.
I'm helping our library plant blueberry bushes and I want to donate this book I remember reading to my kids.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments Could it be Blueberries for Sal? I don't remember anything about a moose in it, but that could just be because I haven't read it in a very long time.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) No, Sal meets a bear, not a moose. But it's a good rec. if we don't find the moose one in time for the donation.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Jessica, here's a Barnes & Noble list of Parents Magazine Read Aloud Original Series:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?seri...

And books that were shelved on GR as Parents Magazine Read Aloud:
http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/p...

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I've sent a PM to Jessica. She is active on GR so hopefully she'll come back here for us.

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4713 comments Going the Moose Way Home Going the Moose Way Home by Jim Latimer mentions a moose that likes blueberries

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 7 comments Thank you all for your suggestions. None of them are the book I remember.

Update on the garden at the library. The garden was put in by the students in the summer reading program. The librarian is tying in to all sorts of great children's books. We'll plant the blueberries in October when it's a bit cooler in South Carolina.

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Thanks for the update - such a neat project! If you ever do find the book, please let us know.

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Hm, I see this has been moved to abandoned. Unless Jessica did so herself, I disagree. I like the idea of putting into the folder "Requests for Books in General" and will do so now. If Jessica or another mod decides it's better off in Unsolved, that's ok by me, too. :)

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
I have to agree with you Cheryl. Not sure why it was moved to abandoned, unless Jessica did it.

And Jessica, glad to hear how the project is going.

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 14319 comments I think this is in the wrong folder. Should it be moved to Unsolved or Abandoned?

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30834 comments Mod
Jessica, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder for now. If you've found your book or are no longer interested in finding it, please let us know.