Books2Movies Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Threads > July/August 2013 Quick Reads Nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2789 comments Mod
Ah late as usual...

Here you may nominate any of the short works (short stories, novellas, plays or graphic novels) you would like to read (and watch afterwards) in one of the following two months.

As always, you may also refer yourself to already nominated shorties in the topic Quick Reads Nominated So Far.

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne A Midsummer's Night Dream

message 4: by Zeljka (last edited Jun 12, 2013 10:01AM) (new)

I nominate The Swimmer now... It piqued my curiosity last time. No nominations yet, excepting Shakespeare and Wilde of course? A bit disappointed :/ If there won't be more, I wonder maybe it would be nice to make a poll consisting of all those stories that were close to "win" their polls but didn't.

message 5: by Elena (new)

Elena | 109 comments yeah, it is weird that people aren't nominating... Maybe they forgot :) If I don't nominate the moment I get an inbox reminder, afterwards i completely forget :(

message 6: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 730 comments Mod
Life's been to crazy to think about what I want to read lately, I mostly just enjoy whatever everyone else nominates :)

message 7: by Zeljka (new)

Alana wrote: "Life's been to crazy to think about what I want to read lately, I mostly just enjoy whatever everyone else nominates :)"

Lol indeed - I am lately more passive sort of reader - just tracking other people's comments about books in our club, as I hardly manage to read anything at all recently. That's shame actually, I hope I'll fix that this summer.

I'll wait for one day more, but then I would really like to set a poll - if anybody wishes to nominate a play or a story, please say so. Three noms are not much for a poll, I'll have to add few more myself :/

message 8: by Vismay (new)

Vismay (alienman) | 27 comments well, i observed the nominated list......A Princess of mars looks good, though of course I couldn't possible enjoy 'John Carter' as a movie......
But Edgar Rice being an inspiration for Isaac Asimov and Carl Sagan is reason enough for me to read this book.....
And also, I just downloaded its pdf......

message 9: by Zeljka (new)

The poll is up, at last:

July/August 2013 Quick Reads

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.