Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) Seduced in the Dark discussion

A BOOK AS HOT AND GOOD AS THIS ONE? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Estefani Rodriguez THIS BOOK WAS INCREDIBLY AMAZING AND MIND BLOWING. I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING AS GOOD AS THIS AND DESPERATE FOR A NEW READ. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Sunny LOVED! I also had a hard time finding anything else worth reading after this one. Nothing else compares! Try reading, if you haven't already, Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan it's not at all a fairytale love story more like a love story gone completely wrong! Total effed up scenarios in this story. Hmmm, also maybe The Mistress Mistake by Lynda Chance Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

And I also just have to throw this one out there bc I just effen freaking loved it! lol Reaper's Property
Hope that helps! :)

Loren T Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Truth (Consequences, #2) by Aleatha Romig

This series has similar themes

Peggy Loren wrote: "Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha RomigTruth (Consequences, #2) by Aleatha Romig

This series has similar themes"

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series! Can't wait to read book 3!

message 6: by VROA (last edited Jul 25, 2013 10:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA @Amanda - THANK YOU for suggesting Escape from Paradise!!! This is the book to read

Escape from Paradise by Gwendolyn Field
Escape from Paradise
Gwendolyn Field

Frannie Cheska definetly the truth series and Tara brown has a good one The lonely and the lost boy.

i hear forbidden is pretty dark.
i lOVED never have i ever. love me some dark reads!

Tiffany Readz Just read Wanderlust and while it isn't too similar to The Dark Duet, it is an unconventional love story none the less. Plus it is .99 on Amazon right now.

I also liked The Lonely, again not too similar, but a good read. I liked Undeniable, but did not like the Consequences series, it seemed to try way too hard without hitting the mark. The lead in that was just creepy, you never really warm up to him.

I am going to check out Escape from Paradise and what is Forbidden Frannie?

VROA Thanks for commenting Tiffany. I've been wanting to read Wanderlust and it's only .99, happy dance!!!

Undeniable is my next book to read after I finish Knight and Play by Kitty French. My girlfriend said the same thing about Consequences. You will enjoy Escape from Paradise! It's Gwendolyn Field's first book and it does not disappoint.

Yes Frannie...tell us about Forbidden.

Tiffany Readz Funny-I just started Knight & Play today!

message 11: by VROA (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA I just started it tonight, loving it so far and the interview was hilarious :)

Tiffany Readz It was!

Tiffany Readz Knight & Play was sexy as hell! It isn't really a dark read, but the sexy makes up for that. I am starting the second one, Knight & Stay.

I picture the Nordic God (what she calls him to herself) as Alexander Skarsgard. Yum!

50shadeslvr I just finished wanderlust. It was crap. Don't waste 99cents on it.

Tiffany Readz I thought Wanderlust was different, not necessarily crap, but if you are looking for something like the Duet, that isn't it.

message 16: by VROA (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA Ok, just finished Knight and Play...hot, hot, and hot and what an ending! I'll be starting Knight and Stay later, can't wait!

Tiffany - Thank you for giving me a visual for L. Knight

message 17: by VROA (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA @50shadeslvr - Check out Escape from Paradise, along the same lines of DD.

Tiffany Readz Got Escape last night, but am going to read Manic (Tragic #2) first.

Man, Knight & Stay is better than the first! Enjoy!

50shadeslvr Hey VROA! I really like this type of genre. I did read Escape from Paradise and thought it was pretty good, not great, but better than some out there. I read Comfort Food too based on recommendations and while it started out promising, it fizzled at the end. If anyone knows of anything else, please post it. I do want to read the Consequences series by Romig, but I'm waiting till she announces the release date of the 3rd and final book. Happy reading everyone!

Terri I love this genre also. The Captive books are definitely my in my top 5 favorites of all time. Finding it hard to find something that even compares for me.

Katerina Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff
I bought this some days ago on Amazon, the reviewers there compare it to the Captive and Truth/Consequences series

Tiffany Readz I just finished Escape from Paradise and liked it as well. I don't think anything is going to beat Captive/Seduced, but this was a dark read. I also agree with 50shadeslvr that Comfort Food wasn't all that great.

message 23: by VROA (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA Oh no...I was a fan of Comfort Food, it my first book to read. Ok ladies, try Tender Mercies by Kitty Thomas, it is a dark and down right disturbing read...but good.

Dark Duet is by far the best, it had me on a book hangover for a while :)

Tiffany...I'm about to start ch. 30 in Knight and Stay. Loving it but I'm not happy with Mr. Knight at the moment. I'll be finishing it tonight.

Thanks Katerina...I'll be adding that to my TRL.

Maria Hey who's the author for Wanderlust? Try Sherri Hayes - Finding Anna trilogy.

Katerina Wanderlust by Skye Warren
I finished it yesterday and really liked it.

Kavistha I haven't been able to find a book after this series that can compare - consequences is not anything like this

Kavistha Knıght and play ıs awesome startd ıt last nıght after ı dıtched consequences

Kavistha Knıght and play ıs awesome startd ıt last nıght after ı dıtched consequences

Leeloo  Dallas - Books Fifth Element Estefani wrote: "THIS BOOK WAS INCREDIBLY AMAZING AND MIND BLOWING. I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING AS GOOD AS THIS AND DESPERATE FOR A NEW READ. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!"

Why don't you try Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas, I really loved it

Isobel Try this Killing Sarai

Really enjoyed it

Isobel Or maybe the This Man series This Man

Estefani Rodriguez I already read This man and it was incredible!

Bianca Who is the author of Kind and Play?

Tiffany wrote: "Knight & Play was sexy as hell! It isn't really a dark read, but the sexy makes up for that. I am starting the second one, Knight & Stay.

I picture the Nordic God (what she calls him to herself)..."

message 34: by VROA (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA Bianca - knight and play bk 1 and knight and stay bk 2 are by Kitty French, they are both good!!!

Karen One of the best books I have read all year, if not THE best book is The Tied Man The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1) by Tabitha McGowan by Tabitha McGowan. If I could have rated it more than 5 stars I would have. The story, the characters, and the writing are excellent. It is a complete book with no cliffhanger, however there is a second book coming out at the end of this year, or the beginning of next year. It is just a continuation of the story.

Just a warning.....to me, it was MUCH darker than Captive/Seduced in the Dark. It is one of those books that is almost life changing. I know I sound weird, but I swear it is true. I wouldn't consider it dark erotica, because it is more than that. It is truly a perfect book.

Terri Katerina wrote: "Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff
I bought this some days ago on Amazon, the reviewers there compare it to the Captive and Truth/Consequences series"

I just finished this recently. It was Fabulous!!!!

Amanda Katerina wrote: "Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff
I bought this some days ago on Amazon, the reviewers there compare it to the Captive and Truth/Consequences series"

And Terri, this was a great book! Sorry I didn't see you posted it the first time around :)

Amanda Sinister Kisses is amazing for those of you who liked Consequences or just darker stories.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 39: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori owen Karen wrote: "One of the best books I have read all year, if not THE best book is The Tied Man The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1) by Tabitha McGowan by Tabitha McGowan. If I could have rated it more than 5 stars I would have. The..."

Gonna definitely give this one a go! X

Amanda Found another one. Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters.

message 41: by B (new) - rated it 5 stars

B Sunny wrote: "LOVED! I also had a hard time finding anything else worth reading after this one. Nothing else compares! Try reading, if you haven't already, Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan it's not at all a fair..."

OMG, I loved , loved, loved willing victims! Hot , hot, hot!,

message 42: by B (last edited Sep 19, 2013 12:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

B How about this one abduction by varian

Abduction
http://amzn.com/B003GIRR8G

Simone The duet series have been the greatest books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I can only hope to find something similar. So far, nothing as been as outstanding as CJ Robert's series.

Tiffany Readz Simone wrote: "The duet series have been the greatest books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I can only hope to find something similar. So far, nothing as been as outstanding as CJ Robert's series."

You are absolutely right Simone, not many can compare to Caleb.

Simone Tiffany wrote: "Simone wrote: "The duet series have been the greatest books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I can only hope to find something similar. So far, nothing as been as outstanding as CJ Robert's..."

So what are we ever going to do Tiffany?!!? lol

message 46: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori owen If you loved the dark duet series then you will love tears of tess and quintessentially q
Oh and raw too
Fabulous and dark xx

Kimberley Make Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Desire

Awesome collection!! Only 99cents

Wanderlust by Skye Warren is in it........soooo dirty to love it!! RAWR! Lol

message 48: by VROA (new) - rated it 5 stars

VROA Ladies…you have to read BLAKE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini. Dark, scary, sexy, raw…you will not be disappointed!!! It's currently on sale on Amazon, Kindle Edition.

Deborah Camp For something dark and dangerous and differing, read "Monster in His Eyes." It has it all. There is another book coming after it....but this book is certainly worth a sequel! Wow.

Deborah Camp I read "Monster In His Eyes" because the title if very close to my own book that came out a month before it. Of course, mine is better --- :-) --- but "Monster In His Eyes" is really good. I think you ladies will like it!

« previous 1