What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Time traveling romance (Title forgotten). A woman in the present acquired an item and was sent back in the past to the body of a young woman.

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Just like the title stated it is a time traveling romance. I only remember the synopsis of the book and not the actual story since I haven't read it yet.

The story is about a women in her forties who just had a divorce from her husband. She wanted a second chance in life including love. She acquired an item (?) that sent her back in the past. I think she was sent in Scotland in which year I can't remember. Basically she ended up in the body of a young woman who was the wife of the H. The wife was cold hearted and it changed since she is the one living in her body. H (I think) doesn't know what to think of the new personality. I think the real wife of H was mean to him or something.

That's all I could remember. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Hm. Sounds like it could describe lots of stories. :)
Do you have a guess when it was probably written?

message 3: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Hm. Sounds like it could describe lots of stories. :)
Do you have a guess when it was probably written?"

I know. It does sound like it. I don't really know. I was just scanning books from goodreads and I just read the synopsis of it. I think it may be an erotica genre but I'm not certain of it. All I know is that when she ended up in the body there was a lady's maid with her. I also think that the real wife had an accident and survive.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jun 10, 2013 10:24AM) (new)

Kris | 30864 comments Mod
Always Mine by Sophia Johnson? Some reviews on Amazon mention the heroine is getting over a divorce and that the story is set in Scotland.

message 5: by Jai (new)

Jai | 61 comments It sounds like Kristen Ashley's Wildest Dreams, which was an awesome book. It fits all your criteria.

But if it's not this one, this is part of a genre called "Crossover Fantasy." It might help to search with that term.

message 6: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Kris wrote: "Always Mine by Sophia Johnson? Some reviews on Amazon mention the heroine is getting over a divorce and that the story is set in Scotland."

It isn't it but thanks :)

message 7: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Jen wrote: "It sounds like Kristen Ashley's Wildest Dreams, which was an awesome book. It fits all your criteria.

But if it's not this one, this is part of a genre called "Crossover Fantasy." It might help t..."

I'll go check the genre crossover fantasy and it isn't Wildest Dreams either. Thanks

message 8: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments Wynstelle wrote: I was just scanning books from goodreads and I just read the synopsis of it.

If you were on the book's page, it should show up in your browser history, unless you clear it super regularly.

message 9: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Liralen wrote: "Wynstelle wrote: I was just scanning books from goodreads and I just read the synopsis of it.

If you were on the book's page, it should show up in your browser history, unless you clear it super r..."

I'm going to check my laptop next time coz I looked for it in the other pc and it isn't there. I also don't remember deleting the history lately. Thanks.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36892 comments Mod
Faye, did you find this or are you still looking?

message 11: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Faye, did you find this or are you still looking?"

Not yet D:

If you can tell me what book it is I would really appreciate it.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30864 comments Mod
The Wishing Chalice by Sandra Landry? A pewter chalice sends the heroine back in time.

Faye, when did you read this book?
Was is definitely set in Scotland, or could it have been England?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1681 comments Should definitely put the era in the thread-subject. I was contemplating _Household Gods_ (IIRTC), but not a ton of romance in that, and Roman era.

message 14: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Kris wrote: "The Wishing Chalice by Sandra Landry? A pewter chalice sends the heroine back in time.

Was is definitely set in Scotland, or could..."

I never got to read the book. I was passing through and just read the synopsis of the book. I tried looking for it in my browser but couldn't find. I definitely couldn't find now because we had to reformat the pc.

I do think it was in Scotland.

message 15: by Faye (new)

Faye | 8 comments Kris wrote: "The Wishing Chalice by Sandra Landry? A pewter chalice sends the heroine back in time.

Was is definitely set in Scotland, or could..."

Also, the thing I posted was part of the synopsis that I remembered.

message 16: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Sounds like Dreamspell

message 17: by Shraddha (new)

Shraddha Bhatia (shraddhabhatia) | 23 comments Hi, there is some really old book...Outlander...it's about a woman who has a strained relationship with her husband. They travel to Scotland and she travels back in time...not sure if this is the one

message 18: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Here's a bump for summer. Come back in a couple months and bump it again, ok?

message 20: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36892 comments Mod
Still looking now?