Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) What songs remind you of this trilogy?
stay by Rihanna ft mikky reminds me of will and Tessa
Also little talks of monsters and men reminds me of this series

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (tmi_lover26) | 45 comments I know this song is supposed to be for Twilight but I always think of the epilogue with Tessa and Jem when I hear "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri.

Kaylah Eiramenna Carrell (wearebutdustandshadow) | 117 comments Fire and Ice by Olivia

message 4: by Callista (new)

Callista Flores | 11 comments I can't listen to "Medicine" by Daughter without thinking of Jem and Will and crying

Also "Break Your Knees" by flyleaf makes me think of Tessa and Magnus at the end after Will has died and they are both facing immortality.

Kaylah Eiramenna Carrell (wearebutdustandshadow) | 117 comments also Warrior by Sophia Crowley or sumn like that!(: its super great and she dedicated it for TMI

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 18, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

"Anna Sun" by Walk the moon. It kind of just sums it up for me, not anything in particular but this song just reminds me of it :) Well basically both series. Shadowhunters in general.....well the ones I know :p

message 7: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 52 comments See you Again by Carrie Underwood reminds me of Will and Jem at the end of book 3

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 58 comments Callista wrote: "I can't listen to "Medicine" by Daughter without thinking of Jem and Will and crying

Also "Break Your Knees" by flyleaf makes me think of Tessa and Magnus at the end after Will has died and they a..."

"Steadfast my love
The end is near
Just keep your eyes ahead
Grab hold of me
I'll help you there
You're never on your own
You're never all alone"

I imagine Tessa singing this to Will as he lays dying with both Tessa and Jem by his side

message 9: by Renee (new)

Renee Feel So Close, Calvin Harris for Will and Tessa at the party with the pink drinks.... ^_^

message 10: by Ave (new)

Ave Binks (somuchtoreadsolittletime) | 16 comments "Trying Not to Love You" and "Holding onto Heaven" by Nickelback -both remind me of Will and Tessa :)

message 11: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Love love love by of monsters and men reminds me of Will's curse but at one time the singer mentions bright blue eyes if that was changed then it would work more

message 12: by Renee (last edited Jul 16, 2013 12:29AM) (new)

Renee I Hope You Found It Now by Jason Walker for Will when he found out Tessa was engaged to Jem.

message 13: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Wing | 4 comments i haven't read this book yet but i'm on the last book of the mortal instruments by Casandra Clare so is it like the series i'm reading ?

message 14: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 02, 2013 05:20AM) (new)

Rebecca | 58 comments Brooke wrote: "i haven't read this book yet but i'm on the last book of the mortal instruments by Casandra Clare so is it like the series i'm reading ?"

The Infernal Devices is the prequel series to the Mortal Instruments. It's a trilogy (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess) set in the 1800's that involves some of the ancestors of shadowhunters in TMI (The Mortal Instruments) (including Jace's ancestor Will ;D). If you like TMI (which I'm guessing you do since you're on the fifth book) you will love these too :D (as well as the three other trilogies that Cassandra Clare is writing: TLH, TDA (The Dark Artifices) and TWP (The Wicked Powers)).

Sorry if I rave on a bit :P I am obsessed with these books

message 15: by Renee (new)

Renee ha ha, me too!

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee wait, what's the wicked powers? Is that to do with the shadowhunter's chronicles?

message 17: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 02, 2013 05:25AM) (new)

Rebecca | 58 comments Renée wrote: "wait, what's the wicked powers? Is that to do with the shadowhunter's chronicles?"

Yup. It's a fifth trilogy that Cassandra Clare is planning on writing many years down the track. Here's the book description:

Cassandra Clare said that she will publish another trilogy in the Shadowhunters' world after the Dark Artifices and The TLH trilogy. It will have two gay main characters. More information to come...

Cassandra Clare said about writing more books in the Shadowhunter World:

My plan at the moment is to do five Shadowhunter series, total. I don’t know if I’ll do any series in the Shadowhunter world beyond that. I don’t know why five exactly — maybe because one of my major literary idols has always been Tamora Pierce and she did five series set in Tortall. :) Maybe I think I have five stories to tell in this world. Maybe I’ll get to the end and want to tell more. Maybe not — I have a stockpile of other worlds and stories in my head; I’m writing one of them by writing Magisterium now, but there are many others.

There is a special sort of enjoyment in developing stories in a created world, because you can take the rules you yourself have invented, and bend them or break them. You can create connections and history — the story of Isabelle’s ruby necklace stretches back all the way to Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale. Then again, with a brand new world, you get to make everything up again. It’s like: brand-new baby or adorable five-year old? They’re both good.

(The five Shadowhunter series are TiD, TLH, TMI, TDA, and very far down the road, TWP. Don’t even ask about that one! It’s too far in the future! There are other Shadowhunter projects like The Bane Chronicles and the graphic novel project about the Circle, currently in planning stages and known as TST, but I’m not counting them: I’m only counting book series/trilogies written solely by me.)

I am soooooo looking forward to all of these great stories (all 18 books in total + others, including the Bane Chronicals) :D YAAAAAAAY!!!

message 18: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Wing | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "Brooke wrote: "i haven't read this book yet but i'm on the last book of the mortal instruments by Casandra Clare so is it like the series i'm reading ?"

The Infernal Devices is the prequel series ..."

Thank you very much for your opinion i really appreciate it. I will check out the series Infernal Devices

message 19: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (ivy48035) | 34 comments Rebecca wrote: "Brooke wrote: "i haven't read this book yet but i'm on the last book of the mortal instruments by Casandra Clare so is it like the series i'm reading ?"

The Infernal Devices is the prequel series ..."

what does TLH stand for?

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie (fictionallove) Heartshaped Wreckage from Smash reminds me a lot of Jessa.

message 21: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 09, 2013 03:32AM) (new)

Rebecca | 58 comments Ivy wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Brooke wrote: "i haven't read this book yet but i'm on the last book of the mortal instruments by Casandra Clare so is it like the series i'm reading ?"

The Infernal Devices is the..."

No one knows... yet. Cassandra Clare hasn't revealed what it stands for, but she has said that it doesn't involve any of the characters' names e.g. The Last Herondale. Apparently, someone HAS guessed it (on tumblr I think). Here's what I found on TMI Source:

Cassandra Clare has planned a possible fourth Shadowhunter Chronicle series, which goes by its initials TLH and takes place in the early 1900s.

Here’s what we know so far:

- The series (name currently unknown) goes by the initials TLH
- The story would take place in 1903
- The series would follow the next generation of Shadowhunters after The Infernal Devices
- Cassie has outlined the series
- Some of the characters in TLH are in The Bane Chronicles
- The main characters in TLH are 16 and 17 years old
- Cassie on when TLH would be released: “I don’t know, I want to work on something without a deadline. So all I can say is that I am working on it.”
- The series will consist of “an unusual” love triangle, which features two girls and a boy

The main characters will include the children of characters from TID (view spoiler)

message 22: by Bulldogbook (new)

Bulldogbook | 1 comments Whenever I hear books from boxes by maximo park I always think of will and tessa.

message 23: by Mallory (last edited Sep 02, 2013 04:29PM) (new)

Mallory (malbookreviewer) | 19 comments Fire and Ice by Olivia Bray

It was based of the books.

Oh, and by the way its Warrior by Beth Crowley ( not
Sophia)

And what about No light, No light by Florence and the Machine

message 24: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 120 comments Mallory wrote: "Fire and Ice by Olivia Bray It was based of the books.
"

She has a very pretty voice. I could only find it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiGyhL...

message 25: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malbookreviewer) | 19 comments @Allison
That is where I found it too. I wish the sound was just a bit clearer.

message 26: by Inda (new)

Inda (indaherwood) | 129 comments Has anyone heard Nothing by Greta Karen? If not, you should listen to it on YouTube. She has an incredible voice.

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 120 comments Mallory wrote: "@Allison
That is where I found it too. I wish the sound was just a bit clearer."

As do I. It would be great if she recorded it in a studio and released it on itunes. I hope the makers of the film see it. It could be used on a soundtrack.

message 28: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malbookreviewer) | 19 comments @Allison
I wish

Also, check out Skin and Bones by Beth Crowley and was also based off The Infernal Devices.

message 29: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 59 comments Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum makes me think of Will and Tessa. Is a really good song

message 30: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 120 comments Thanks Mallory. She's very good as well. I love music that holds a connection to something from the songwriter/singer. :D

message 31: by Areti (new)

Areti | 114 comments Pieces of a dream by anastacia is a song that tessa would say after will's death

message 32: by Christie (new)

Christie (CJ838) | 50 comments I love Pieces of a Dream!! perfect :)

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (cookies4110) | 1 comments "Awake my soul" by Mumford and sons reminds me of the sad love story between Will and Tessa. It's represents them together very well.

message 34: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 120 comments Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler (or the Glee Cast) ;D

Also one some of you probably have never heard of is Someone To Love by John B.

"Someone To Love"
(feat. Babyface)

Don't even like to think about it
I don't know what I would do without it
I only know I live and breathe for your love
Baby you came to me in my time of need
When i needed you, you're there for me
Baby, the love from you is what got me through
It's because of you I was able to
Give my heart again, you give me

[Chorus:]
Someone to love
Someone to touch
Someone to hold
Someone to know
Someone to love
Someone to trust
Someone to hold
Oh someone to know

I thought I'd never love again
I thought my life was over and
I didn't want to face nor even see another day
Suddenly from no where, baby you appeared
You dried my tears, you cared for me
Baby your love for me, truly rescued me
It's becuase of you, I was able to
Fall in love again, you give me

Someone to love
Someone to touch
Someone to hold
Someone to know
Someone to love
Someone to trust
Someone to hold
Oh someone to know

[Bridge:]
For so long in my life, I wouldn't let love inside
But i swallowed my pride the day you arrived
Now that you're by my side
Everything is all right
It's because of you, I was able to
Give my heart again, you give me

Someone to love
Someone to touch
Someone to hold
Someone to know
Someone to love
Someone to trust
Someone to hold
Oh someone to know

message 35: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments Requiem For A Tower by Escala. I know it doesn't have words, but I always think of TID when I hear it.

Also, All This Time by One Republic reminds me of Tessa and Jem when she finds out he's not a silent brother anymore.

message 36: by Dahiany (new)

Dahiany (clockworkocean) | 26 comments I love Fire and Ice by Olivia. And one of the songs I listened to while reading TID was Fireside Dance by Danny Elfman. (:

message 37: by Mara (new)

Mara Lopez | 1 comments six degrees of separation will and tessa :')

message 38: by Renee (new)

Renee young and beautiful. Will and Tessa and Magnus and Alec.
Makes me sob

message 39: by Monacco (new)

Monacco dunn (lavender3) | 31 comments white blank page, by mumford and sons. IT IS SOOOOOO PERFECT FOR WILL, it makes me cry every time i hear it. if you haven't herd it LOOK IT UP!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Renee (new)

Renee @Monacco, I'm listening to it. OMG So true! I THINK I'M ABOUT TO-

yep, I'm crying. Omg so perfect! It's like it was WRITTEN for them! omg so beautiful!

message 41: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments Feel Again by One Republic. For Will. Tessa made him start feeling again.

message 42: by Abby (new)

Abby (huge_bookworm) | 118 comments @ Kyren IKR!!!!!!! i luv tht song and its soooo true

message 43: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments Yesss!!! It's so awesome

message 44: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 33 comments Arms by Christina perri

message 45: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments I was just listening to "I Lived" by One Republic, and I think it is perfect for Jem. Seriously, listen to it and tell me what you think.

message 46: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3 comments All right. So "Warrior" by Beth Crowley is perfect.... Like she wrote it for the book and it is a mirror of Clary and Jace.
"In the End" is great for The City of Lost Souls so you have to hear that....
She also wrote a song called "Skin and Bone" for The Infernal Devices....

message 47: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3 comments Kyren wrote: "I was just listening to "I Lived" by One Republic, and I think it is perfect for Jem. Seriously, listen to it and tell me what you think."

You are so right!!!! That is amazing!!! What else do you listen too?? I serioulsly think you should listen to Beth Crowley's songs "Warrior" , "Skin and Bone", and "In The End"..... I love love love that song and the comparison you just posted!!! I never thought about it that way!!! Thank you so much!

message 48: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments I'm listening to "Warrior" right now and you're so right! It is so perfect! I love it!!!!!

message 49: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3 comments Kyren wrote: "I'm listening to "Warrior" right now and you're so right! It is so perfect! I love it!!!!!"

I cannot help but put it on repeat!!!!!! I think this should be in City of Ashes just because of how great it is!!!! I am glad I am not the only one in love <333 This whole series has given me such a bad book hangover! I can't be patient for City of Heavenly Fires......!!!!!!! :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Time of Dying by Three Days Grace
Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness) by H.I.M.
Hearts at War by H.I.M.
Drawn and Quartered by H.I.M.
Ode to Solitude by H.I.M.

I may add more later.~

« previous 1