What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance book with a guy who finds out later he has a kid with an old girlfriend and now wants her back?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dianne (last edited Apr 30, 2015 07:50PM) (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments I have looked through 10 pages of my amazon kindle books and can't find out a particular book I'm looking for. It is about a couple who were in love when they were younger but break up because the guy broke her heart...I can't remember what he did though. Years/may be only a couple of year or a few; he finds her again and finds out he has a child. I can't remember if it's a boy or girl but I think it was a boy. He wants the heroine back and wants to be in the child's life. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate hearing any of them! Oh btw I think it was or is a Amazon freebie. It's not the following...(these were previous suggestions):
Trying to Score by Toni Aleo
Tycoon's Revenge by Melody Anne
Forever My Girl by Heidi McLauglin
My Misery Muse by Brei Betzold
Lexi Baby
Bent by HB Heizner
Seductions and Snacks by Tara Sivec
Take This Regret by A. L. Jackson

***IMPORTANT***It says in the synopsis/blurb/description of the book that he finds out that he has a kid and will do anything to have both the kid and the heroine back.

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments I just got done reading The You I Never Knew by Susan Wiggs and it had this kind of story line.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60...

Or how about Dane, by Liliana Hart? I know that one was an amazon freebie at some point.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

message 3: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Christie wrote: "I just got done reading The You I Never Knew by Susan Wiggs and it had this kind of story line.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60...

Or how about Dane, by Liliana Hart? ..."

It's not The You I Never Knew :( The book talks about how much he wants her back. It kinda sounds like the second one but unfortunately its missing something in the blurb so I don't think that's it either. Thank you for helping me though!

message 4: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments Dane is a short story (like 56 pages) and is a freebie on Amazon if you want to check it out anyway.

message 5: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Christie wrote: "Dane is a short story (like 56 pages) and is a freebie on Amazon if you want to check it out anyway."

I did and I got it! Thanks!

message 6: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments Any Man Of Mine? http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/87...

Sweet Gum Tree? (I haven't read this one yet, so I'm not sure if it's even close really) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

You could try looking through this list to see if anything hits you. http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/17...

message 7: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments A couple more...

The Secret Baby Bargain?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58...

This Beautiful Thing? (I'm thinking this one is a long shot) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 8: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Christie wrote: "A couple more...

The Secret Baby Bargain?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58...

This Beautiful Thing? (I'm thinking this one is a long shot) http://www.goodreads.com/b..."

Those aren't it either :-/ The secret baby bargain kinda seems close but its missing something. Thank you so much for all the suggestions though!

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 0 comments These have a similar plot...

Montana Dreams
Forever My Girl

message 10: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Kathy wrote: "These have a similar plot...

Montana Dreams
Forever My Girl"

it's not forever my girl...its already on my list of what books it's not :) thank you for the suggestions though!

message 11: by Sally (new)

message 12: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Sally wrote: "Redemption"

No I've read that...its not it either :(

message 13: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Fancy Pants

happens in this one.

message 14: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Feliks wrote: "Fancy Pants

happens in this one."

That's not it either. You don't find out later that they have a kid, you know from the beginning that they have a kid together because it says it in the synopsis.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I know this was a year ago but I was wondering if you ever found the book you were looking for. It sounds a lot like the book I am looking for. Did the guy find out he has a son through a picture that was sent to him?

message 16: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Kat wrote: "I know this was a year ago but I was wondering if you ever found the book you were looking for. It sounds a lot like the book I am looking for. Did the guy find out he has a son through a picture t..."

I still haven't found the book I was looking for :(. I actually don't know because I haven't read the book so I'm not sure if that happens. I just read the synopsis. :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. I read the book I was talking about but I cant find it again which is sad.

message 18: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Kat wrote: "Ok. I read the book I was talking about but I cant find it again which is sad."

Sorry, I couldn't help! I'm still looking for mine.

message 19: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 265 comments Could it be Tied Up, Tied Down?

message 20: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Moloch wrote: "Could it be Tied Up, Tied Down?"

No, that's not it. I think it was years later he came back. Thank you though!

message 21: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 39 comments I just finished Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr. Sean Riordan and Francine Duncan broke up before Sean found out that she was pregnant with a little girl, Rosie. Could that be it? It was a fabulous book in the Virgin River series.

message 22: by oliviasbooks (last edited Jul 18, 2014 11:10AM) (new)

oliviasbooks | 191 comments Maybe Dinner for Two? The hero doesn't want his former girlfriend back, though. He is married to somebody else, but starts a friendship with his former summer fling when getting to know his surprise daughter.

message 23: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Charlene wrote: "I just finished Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr. Sean Riordan and Francine Duncan broke up before Sean found out that she was pregnant with a little girl, Rosie. Could that be it? It was a fabulous book..."

No that isn't it either but the book sounds really good! I never heard of this series before. I definitely will look at it some more.

message 24: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments oliviasbooks wrote: "Maybe Dinner for Two? The hero doesn't want his former girlfriend back, though. He is married to somebody else, but starts a friendship with his former summer fling when getting to kn..."

No, that's not it either. The main hero does want her back.

message 25: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 39 comments You won't be disappointed. The first book is called Virgin River and the author is Robyn Carr. Enjoy!

message 26: by Dee (new)

Dee Sam | 3 comments This is an older post, but was looking through it and was interested in finding the name of the novel. Does anyone know it?

message 27: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Nope I still never found out.

message 28: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 480 comments Until Lilly
Whiskey Lullaby

Otherwise I was thinking about The Bet series from Francette Phal, beggining with Beautiful Disaster, but the story is in two books and the baby thing is in book 2, Redemption.

message 29: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Sorry those weren't it. I read all of those though and they were great! :)

message 30: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments The Italian's Passionate Return (The Alfieri Saga, #1) by Elizabeth Lennox ?

message 32: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments No, those weren't it guys. BUT I now have a bunch of books to my list. Thank you Christie and MJ! :)

message 33: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 22 comments Is it ´Take this regret' by A.L. Jackson?
Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 34: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Miriam wrote: "Is it ´Take this regret' by A.L. Jackson?
Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

No, if you read the original post, it's on the list of books it isn't. Ty!

message 35: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36933 comments Mod
Dianne, you might want to add A.L. Jackson to your initial post - the title is sitting there by itself (Take This Regret) which may cause people to overlook it.

message 36: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (diannekaye) | 32 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Dianne, you might want to add A.L. Jackson to your initial post - the title is sitting there by itself (Take This Regret) which may cause people to overlook it."

Sorry, I thought it was a common book that most people knew. Just edited though.

message 37: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments Don't Lie to Me, by Stacey Lynn?
Don't Lie to Me by Stacey Lynn

message 38: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 34 comments IDK if it's already been suggested but All Revved Up (Dangerous, #1) by Sylvia Day by Sylvia Day?

message 39: by Phan (new)

Phan | 1 comments What about this one The Unknown Son

message 40: by Dina (new)

Dina | 52 comments Still looking for this? :)

message 41: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 20 comments Kind of sounds like No Longer Mine by Shiloh Walker

message 42: by MaDora (new)

MaDora Shipman | 2 comments Idk if your still looking but this sounds like Reed's Reckoning

Arianna 'Ari' Williams thought she experienced the depths of true love until the man of her dreams dismissed her with no explanation. Heartbroken and humiliated, she found herself changing the course of her life and picking up the pieces of her shattered heart. Now four years later, she has a successful career, amazing friends, and a young son with crystal blue eyes that reminds her every day of the love she imagined. Emotionally she has moved on but the wounds never healed.

Reed Matthews has it all. Playing professional football was always his dream. Being one of the most successful wide receivers in the league comes with money, fame, and all the women he wants. Even with all his wishes coming true, he never stops thinking of the one woman that owned his soul four years ago.

A chance encounter brings Reed to the realization that Ari Williams not only hid a life changing secret from him, but also things weren't as they seemed all those years ago. He's determined to get her back and build their lives together.

When the truth behind their deception is revealed- friendships are tested, families are torn apart, and the one person behind it all is relentless.

Can Reed protect those he loves and build the future he dreamed of?

message 43: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30947 comments Mod
Reed's Reckoning by Ahren Sanders - Madora's suggestion

message 44: by Lsophia (new)

message 45: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 253 comments Seduction and Snacks is similar. Except it's with a one night stand instead of an old girlfriend.

There is another one that fits your description perfectly. I remember it was the second in a series and had either the words baby or daddy in the title. Sorry, I've been looking and I can't find it. I will try my computer.

message 46: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 253 comments Found it - Delinquent Daddy

message 47: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennytr) | 177 comments Strike out by Cheryl Douglas ?

message 48: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30947 comments Mod
Strike Out by Cheryl Douglas - Jenny's suggestion

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4075 comments Mod
Diane hasn't responded to any posts since 2015. Diane, if you are still looking please let us know. Otherwise, we'll move it to Abandoned.....

message 50: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 36 comments You could try where we belong by K. L. Grayson.

« previous 1