Potterheads Unite! discussion

Hogwarts > Owlery

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,403 (1403 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The Owlery is a stone, circular room; very cold, on top of Hogwarts's West Tower. The windows are without glass, letting owls fly in and out freely. The floor is smothered in straw, droppings and pellets.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

(3rd person, Mey Mey!)

message 3: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments (At the lake)

message 4: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 21, 2013 10:35AM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan ascended the echoing staircase to the Owlery, she shivered and pulled her wool shawl closer, blowing auburn hair off her face she jumped the last few steps and walked over to Styga, stroking his feathers she remembered her last class in Durmstrang...
The teacher of Transfiguration had told her to change a fellow student into a flea for tardiness, Siobhan had refused and having had enough turned to go but narrowly avoided a hex herself. After the countless lessons in a militant and dangerous fashion Siobhan packed her bags and left for Hogwarts, in the Hogwarts Express she had doubted her choice but no longer did.
She was broken out of her reverie by a creak of the stair and wheeled around Styga perched on her arm...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie walked into the owlery, letter in hand. She'd only been there a handful of times, as she didn't have an owl herself, and usually had no reason to send letters. She clutched the letter tightly, nervous. She knew exactly how her parents would respond when she told them she wouldn't be returning home after the term was over. Good riddance, her father would say. Her mother would be even worse, rambling on about how she should have disowned her years ago. She shook herself. It didn't matter now. She was finally--
Her thoughts were interrupted when she ran into a girl....who looked as distressed as Cassie feeled.
"Oh! I'm sorry..."
That was odd. She'd never seen this girl before, but she must have been at least a third year. Why couldn't she recognize her?

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Ehrrr, hello, are you are right?"
Siobhan said surprised the miss-matched eyed girl almost looked on the verge of tears
"Oh! We haven't met Siobhan Leicester Hufflepuff third at your service" she said in a Irish lilt.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, I-I'm okay."
She cleared her throat and took a step back, eyes meeting the freckled girl's.
"Er...Siobhan, you said?"
The girl nodded, waiting.
"I'm Cassie. Cassie Knight.
After a few moments of a rather awkward silence Cassie voiced the thought that had been on her mind. "Um...I don't think I've seen you before...I mean...are you..." her voice trailed off.

message 8: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 22, 2013 09:53AM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan smiled ruefully "I don't suppose you have, I was at Durmstrang for my first two years. It's no big deal Cassie, may I call you Cassie?" Siobhan set Styga up on his perch and turned "So do you have a owl?" she asked casually

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Her eyes widened, making the contrast between them even more noticeable. "No I don't," she replied. She almost asked her about Durmstrang, but bit her lip. She'd heard nasty things about the place from her brothers. Sure, they probably weren't all true but...she wouldn't pry.
Noticing Siobhan looking at her oddly, Cassie perked up. "Well then, welcome to Hogwarts, Siobhan!"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Ah, this is Styga, I got him a year ago
Oh thank you, and don't worry about asking, it helps actually Cassie."
Siobhan uttered the last words quietly and she absently stroked Styga's feathers remembering her trepidation in the Hogwarts Express...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie smiled, already deciding she liked this new girl. "You're welcome. And don't worry. You'll love Hogwarts. It will be like your home away from home." Or home period, thought Cassie.
She fingered her letter, sighing. "Well, I've got to get this mailed. I'll see you later, though."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Yea, I've been here three days but I love it already." Siobhan looked across the grounds and turning back saw Cassie's sigh, "I've got to get going too but is there something I can help you with? you don't look well."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"No," she said softly, "but thank you."
An idea formed in Cassie's head and she perked up considerably. "Oh, Siobhan!" she called out before the girl left. "Maybe there's something I can do for you. Maybe, since you're new and all, I could show you some of Hogwart's secrets. Like...how to get into the kitchens?" Her eyes sparkled and she grinned mischievously.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan nodded once at the first words but the latter sent her black eyes dancing "Oh Yes!" she crowed "awesome idea Cassie, what house are you in incidentally " s at the chance of adventure her every move was animated and bright...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ravenclaw," she replied.
Cassie grinned at her enthusiasm. "Well...it's best to go after curfew. Less chance of getting caught, you know." She chuckled a little. "'Course, if you are, it's harsher punishment." She raised her brows pointedly at her new friend. "Are you up for it?" she asked excitedly.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan laughed "I'm No stranger to breaking curfew" despite the bragging pronouncement there was only a lighthearted hint of a boast in the words, "Am I up for it? you betcha!" she laughed "This is going to be great, I'll see you soon mmm-kay?" she said excitedly...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Okay. Bye."
She smiled after the excited girl as she left. Moments later Cassie grimaced. Now--onto to more painful matters...

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan skipped to the common room and laughed at her effervescence, she flopped into a chair and fell asleep....

message 19: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments Becca had just walked in, when a chestnut colored owl flew by her side. "Coco, how did you know I was coming?" Becca said with a smile. She tied the package and note onto the owl's feet. "Take this to my brother, will you? And I'm sure ill be getting a note back, so don't leave until he gives you one." And with that, the owl left. Becca looked around at the other owls. "They're so pretty," she said to herself, " but Coco definitely has more fight and wits than the others." She stared off into space and wondered when she might make an actual human friend, or even a boyfriend.

message 20: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments Crystal entered the Owlery and retrieved her owl, Arrow, and tied the rolled up parchment to his feet. "Take this to Mum." She noticed the girl from the Entrance Hall. "Hello, I'm Crystal," she said.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Genevieve walked into the Owlery and spotted ablack-haired girl who turned and she recognized Becca a girl whom she had met once or twice but never talked with shyly waving she called "Hello Rebecca..."

message 22: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments Becca was suddenly taken away from her trance. 'Someone actually sees me,' she thought. "Hey, I'm Rebecca, but you can call me Becca," she introduced.

message 23: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments To both girls.

message 24: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments Crystal smiled. "Nice to meet you. Hello," she said to Genevieve.

message 25: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Nice to meet you guys too," Becca said with a small smile.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Genevieve Eaglestone" Gen said "but you can call me Gen" she laughed "Great to meet you" she said moving to stand by the window...

message 27: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments She smiled. "Usually people ignore me. I'm glad I met you guys," she said.

message 28: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments Crystal smiled, happy that she became more social. "I don't really have a nickname. I wouldn't want you to call me Cry."

message 29: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Haha! I certainly wouldn't want to call you something so depressing," Becca replied.

message 30: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments Crystal laughed. "Phew! I'm glad. Oh well. I suppose some people just don't have nicknames."

message 31: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "True. What house are you in?"

message 32: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments "Gryffindor. And you?" Crystal asked, leaning against a wall.

message 33: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Slytherin," she answered, "if I was to be put in another house though, I think I would have been Ravenclaw."

message 34: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments "Cool. I'd've probably been put into Hufflepuff. I haven't got a problem with Hufflepuff House. My sister wishes to be placed in Hufflepuff..." Crystal said, trailing off. "Anyway. What's your next class?"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Ah! My house" Gen said "Slytherin is fine though" she said hastily "So you both have owls?" she asked

message 36: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Sweet! My brother wants to be put in Ravenclaw. And I have Potions next. Don't Gryffindors and Slytherins have Potions together?"

message 37: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments "Yes," Crystal said. "I've had mine since I was ten."

message 38: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Cool. Wanna walk with me?"

message 39: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments "Double potions," Crystal murmured. "I've got Potions as well. Maybe we could be seat partners, if you haven't got anyone else," she said hastily.

message 40: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Sure. I usually work alone, but I'd like to have a friend to sit with."

message 41: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments "Yes, of course!" Crystal said enthusiastically.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Okay, have fun, Oh! I've got a ferret but that's about all" Gen said gazing out to the grounds unaware of the drama unfolding in the Entrance Hall.

message 43: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments "Yay! So, friends?"

message 44: by low (new)

low (lows) | 6230 comments "A ferret!" Crystal exclaimed in awe. "I didn't know we could have those in school..." She turned back to Becca and laughed. "Friends!"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) ((Gotta go, have fun))

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments She smiled. "Okay! Friends!" And they both left for Potions.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Pappileehonogoso walk up the to be attack by a large barn owl " Bonbour get off me you crazy bird!"

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Pappileehonogoso " yes i just my owl bonbour is excited to see me, oh hi i am Pappileehonogoso Smith."

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

" no mines just crazy, you can call me goso if you like." Goso replied

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

" what year are you?" goso asked

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29