Potterheads Unite! discussion

Hogwarts > Staircases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 659 (659 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

There are 142 staircases in Hogwarts- many have been known to move. Watch out for false steps- your leg will fall straight through! Some staircases are sweeping marble stairs while others are narrow and rickety.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments Rose decided to walk around the castle while waiting for classes to start. She was taking the staircase up to the fourth floor herbology wing, or so she thought. The staircase started to move in a direction that was completely opposite of what Rose wanted. She noticed another student on the same staircase, "I would say I hate when this happens, but really it just gives me an excuse to not go to class! Hi, I'm Rose."

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2013 07:52AM) (new)

"John nice meet ya." He said to the girl his thick irish accent obvious he was no longer hiding it. "And I agree 'ith ya 'bout the staircases." He said to Rose.

message 4: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments Rose enjoys Irish accents, so was very please when he introduced himself. Rose asks John, "Where are you headed? Or should I say, where were you headed?" with a smile.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2013 07:51AM) (new)

"I was going to herbology but not 'cording to 'is staircase." He said and smiled back.

message 6: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments Rose joked "Eh, who needs herbology anyway?" She wasn't sure where this staircase had landed but knew it looked familiar. "Well here is my new stop. I'll probably just head up and walk around, like I said, any excuse to miss herbology!" Rose walked up the staircase to the hallway above, wondering where it was going to lead her.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'll come 'ith ya." He said and followed her.

message 8: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "So I take it you're from Ireland? I've always wanted to go to Ireland but never got a chance! What year are you?" Rose asked, curious to see how old John was.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Got 'at right, I'm in me fifth year so fifteen." He said to her.

message 10: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "Wicked! Me too," Rose said, hopeful she just made a friend who she could cause trouble with!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

He nodded and looked at the clock they passed "herbology should be 'ow what's yer 'ext class?"

message 12: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "Potions" Rose answered, in a tone implying she was the least bit excited. "I wish I liked the class, but to be honest there aren't many classes I enjoy! I would rather be on the quidditch pitch. I do have defense against the dark arts after potions, however, which I am usually pretty excited for!"

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"I also 'av potions but I like potions I find I also would like to be on 'he quidditch pitch me self." He replied.

message 14: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "Yeah I hear ya" Rose answered. "I think I'm going to find my way to the great hall for some food. You're welcome to join if you'd like" Rose put out the offer. She was hoping that they would meet up with more people in the great hall to hang out with. If not, she figured she would go to potions out of obligation, unfortunately.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"I think I'll go to potions, I truly enjoy 'at class ya know well I must be off 'en come if ya like." He replied and walked down a staircase to potions class.

message 16: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "Yeah I guess I'll come to Potions," she said grudgingly. "You better help me though! God knows I'm no good at that class."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'll 'elp ya I find that class easy and fun." He said to her.

message 18: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments Rose answered sincerely, "Sweet, thanks!" Thinking about how this class was going to go she said, "well here goes nothin'" and followed John.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Jacob walked up a marble staircase leisurely, swinging his pleasantly light bookbag. Potions was next- brilliant. His favourite subject by far.

message 20: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 27, 2013 05:39PM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Siobhan ascended the staircase mind on the events of the poisoning she shook her head, things that like happen all the time in Durmstrang she chided herself, why is it so exceptional here? she gasped as her foot sank into the stair...
((sorry Inky- I wasn't sure who was posting first!))

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Jacob spotted a girl sink into a trick staircase. He ducked down to help her up.
"Siobhan," he said in surprise. "Are you alright? I heard about what happened at the teashop..."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Thank you! that happen a lot?" she asked grinning "I'm fine Jak, may I call you Jak? A little peaky afterwards but" she shrugged...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sure," Jacob said in amusement. "Call me Jak." His voice grew serious as he walked up the stairs with her. "So...do you have any idea who did it? Who were you with?"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Oh, just Mel and John and their really nice so I wouldn't blame them." Siobhan said, she shrugged again and laughed slightly "You could say I'm sorta used to stuff like that."
((sorry for the lateness!!))

message 25: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments Instead of the Great Hall, one of the moving staircases led her to the opposite way. A way she had never gone before. "I guess I'm missing breakfast! It looks cool in here," she said with excitement. She got off the staircase and entered the strange corridor.

message 26: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

thelastrevolutionary | 1999 comments Mod
Eriq sat alone on a deserted staircase. It was well past time that he should've been back in the Dormitory. It wasn't the first time he had roamed the castle at night. The slim 13 year old found it soothing and he often did his best thinking at that time

message 27: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

Eriq heard footsteps and groaned mentally. He stood up quietly and dashed silently up several more staircases until he was On one by a large window. He climbed up on the window sill and pulled his knees up to his chest and pulled the curtain over the window hiding him from view

message 28: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

Eriq froze his hand grasping his wand

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Andi looked up from her seat in one of the windows. She heard someone speak. "Hello?"

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

((Wait I'm confused are you Bree AND Eva?))

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

((Oh sooooooo I only know Eva.... I'll just all of a sudden know Bree too ;) ))
Andi yelped but the person who grabbed her covered her mouth. She turned around and saw Bree. "Oh." She sighed with relief. "You scared me!"

message 32: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

Eriq hopped down from the window sill landing lightly. " Lumos" he whispered before setting out again

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Andi shrugged. "This whole Eriq thing is getting to me. And I like reading at night before bed." Andi walked back and grabbed her book from the windowsill.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Andi shrugged. "Then what are you doing up?" She smiled.

message 35: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

Eriq whirled around " locomotor mortis" he whispered lokcking Bree's legs. " mufliato" he added as she opened her mouth

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Bree?" Andi looked around the room and saw Eriq. "Eriq, what'd you do?" She asked, watching him as he looked like he was nearly going to laugh.

message 37: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

" Petrifcas Totalus" he said sending Andi to the floor before taking off

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Andi flew back and fell onto the ground. She jumped up, clenching her hands into fists.
CHILL OUT she said to herself in her head. YOU'VE BEEN DOING SO WELL DON'T GET ALL JUMPY NOW. Andi did not enjoy dealing with this "situation" of hers. She flexed her fists a few times and took some deep breaths.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"Um, yeah." Andi nodded and picked up her book off the floor. "Just tired." She smiled at Bree.

message 40: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

Eriq ran towards the owlery on light feet. He reached it and locked the door behind him

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"I should learn that." Andi laughed.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Andi nodded. "Probably. Well it was nice talking to you. And I'll learn the counter curse to that leg lock spell." Andi laughed and waved at Bree as she crept to the Ravenclaw common room. She sat on the couch and read, not wanting to sleep yet. She still couldn't understand everything that happened today.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

((Bye! :) ))

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

She continued to walk from the room of requirement and paused a moment to remember what staircase she should take.

Momo~ lover of pickles | 721 comments "Ha what a loser! You must be a lost one at that!" A golden- framed portrait of a runny-nosed boy laughed at Lee's appearance of bewilderment.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Screaming Lee hits the portrait with her cymbals and runs away.

Momo~ lover of pickles | 721 comments The painted boy yelled after her fleeing form: "Lame comeback.......LOSER!"

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Shut up you stupid portrait!!!" Lee yells still running.

Momo~ lover of pickles | 721 comments "Even LAMER Double-stinking LOSEr" the boy hollered, knowing he had won against the peculiar cymbal-toting girl with purple hair.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee just kept in running until she rounded a Courner and ran smack into her sister.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14