Potterheads Unite! discussion

Hogwarts > The Great Hall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,644 (2644 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 52 53

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The Great Hall is large, lit with thousands of floating candles. The ceiling is enchanted to replicate the sky. The Hall holds four long tables for each House as well as a table for the staff.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

He walked in and sat down at he Slytherin table.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana entered the Great Hall. She saw the Griffindor table, but decided to speak to John before eating her dinner. She crossed the stone floor.
"Hi John," she said lightly. "How was Potions?"

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello, Elana potions was great thank you for asking how was your class?" He asked.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Herbology?" she said. "We had to de-seed a Puffapod. I was clawed." Sulkily, Elana pulled back her sleeves and revealed scratches up and down her arms. "Professor Weyd just told me not to attack the plant."
She sighed. "What's for tea?"

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's camomile, now let me see those scratches." He said taking a drink.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Rephrase," she grinned. "What's for dinner?" She paused. "Wait. Do you like tea?"

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"I believe it is turkey and biscuits along with chicken and yams, pears, and crisps at least to my knowledge, and yes I do."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana blinked, then shrugged. "Oh. Nice. I...er, I like yams. Sorry. I just never pictured you as the tea-drinking type. You know- you're strong, athletic, and about as tall as a Hippogriff. You look like an, um, energy-drink-drinker."
She paused, the conversation awkward. "Wait, have you signed up for the Quidditch Slytherin team yet?"

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2013 09:07PM) (new)

"Why do ye ask lassie." He cover his mouth "pardon me why do you ask." Embarrassed by his irsh accent he tried to cover up.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana blinked. "Um, John. Kindly explain the sudden change of accent?" She grinned. "I didn't realise you were Irish. Cool. So...the Quidditch team. I ask because I hear the team needs more players."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, I be strong, I be athletic but I find tea is much better than energy drink ya know, no I haven't." He said just dropping his British accent and going back to his regular irish way of talking.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana gasped. "No way. You mean you've been Irish all these years?" She giggled. "Why are you only speaking Irish now?" She paused. "Well. I guess it explains the tea thing."

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"I've been covering me native accent a while now, rather embarrassed by it not sure why just am but I must be me self I suppose."

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana shrugged. "Well, I guess...why not? But why now after 5 years of being British?" She shook her head. "I'd better go have some tea- I mean, dinner. See you 'round, John."

(Fade?)

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2013 09:25PM) (new)

"You want to know why I've kept this a secret, it 'twas me dad he has always hated the irish again I'm not sure why so he said never talk me native way again so I did." He said and walked back to the table and tared singing to himself "Work like you don't need money, don't know how much things cost. Love like you've never been hurt, love like you've never lost.
Dance like no one’s watching, as often as you can,
And when you drink, drink like, you're a true-blood Irishman!
Live every day like it's your last,
They're going by, way too fast!

You langers and you loons!
You bankers and buffoons!
The liars, the pariahs,
You can keep the bloody lot." He finished the song.

((Maybe I think no))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, ok, John," Elana said brightly. "That's lovely. Enjoy your tea...see you tomorrow."

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2013 09:28PM) (new)

He waved.

((Skip next day))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

The next morning Cassie entered the Great Hall and started making her way to the Ravenclaw table.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

He looks at his friend " 'morrow Cass how ye been haven't seen you in couple days ye know." He said walking up to her.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

She looked up at her friend and smiled. " Hi John. I know, and I'm sorry, but I've been in the Hospital Wing." She grimaced. "Nasty bug."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Agreed, now how's did ye end up en there?" He asked her.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, just a virus that's going around. I'm fine now, but dreading the homework I've got to catch up on. Anyway, enough about me, what have you been up to?"

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 10, 2013 06:51AM) (new)

"Nothing much, I believe I startled Elana by saying I was irish." He replied.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

At that comment, Cassie nearly choked on her toast. "Irish? I mean...I noticed the change in accent but I thought you were fooling around." She laughed and shook her head.
"Well, John, Elana's not the only one you've startled."

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's, going to be a wee bit funny for me to tell this to my friends, I've been doing me British accent for five years now decided time to stop 'at rumpus." He said take a sip of tea.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Er...yeah."
She stood up. "Well, I'm off to my common room. I've got some letters to write. See you later John."
She turned and left, shaking her head and muttering "Irish" under her breath as she walked the corridors.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"Bye." he replied and poured himself another cup of tea.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

He finished his tea and decided to go on a walk.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

He walked in and sat down back at the Slytherin table.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

He looked around at the table no one there "weird." He said.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

(John, there are new Slytherins now, and you can always make up a person for your RP- but no need to sign them up! Just don't use them too often)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yay but I prefer not to rp with myself often))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

(Makes sense. Try asking someone on the discussion thread!)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm not that hungry anyway." He said and got up and walked out towards the library.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

He accidentally bumps into someone "sorry about that." He said to Bree.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis looked up from her seat at the Ravenclaw table and saw her friend.
"Bree! Hi!" she called. She put down her slice of pumpkin pie.

message 38: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments Lena walked in the Great Hall, hoping to find her small, gray cat. She looked around and saw Bree and walked up to the girl, "Hello, how are you?".

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

(Oh wow Bree. People seem to like you!)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

He walked past her and to the library.

message 41: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "Hello, Artemis. Have you guys seen my gray tabby anywhere? If so can you give her to Elana to put her in the Gryffindor common room, please. What are you guys up to?" Lena asked the girls.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis grinned.
"So Bree," she said, getting out of her seat to walk up to Lena and Bree. "What's your first class this morning? Oh, and hi, Lena!" she added to the pretty girl standing next to them.

message 43: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "Nice, if you see her (cat) Bree can you put her in the common room please?" Lena asked Bree and turned to Artemis, "Sorry to interrupt."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"Me too!" Artemis gasped. "Looks like we'll be sharing a class."

message 45: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "I'm hungry, do you guys want to sit down at a table?" Lena asked as her belly was grumbling.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yeah, sure," Artemis said. "Tell you what, let's grab some food and eat out in the courtyards before class."

message 47: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments " Sure", Lena replied happily because her belly will be satisfied.

message 48: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments (so we will continue RP in the courtyards?)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

(Yup indeed. See you there guys!!)

message 50: by Melania (last edited Jun 14, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments Melania walked into the great hall wondering where her group of friends were. She looked around the room she could not find her friends; she decided to sit down.She could not stop glancing down the table at the pumpkin pies. Mel got up and ate a piece against her better knowledge.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 52 53