Potterheads Unite! discussion

Common Rooms and Dormitories > Ravenclaw Common Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,256 (2256 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 45 46

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The Ravenclaw Common Room is an airy room, with graceful arched windows, giving students a great view of the scenery. It has a domed ceiling painted with stars, and is furnished with bookcases and armchairs. This topic is for Ravenclaw students only.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis sat in a soft, blue armchair, trying to finish her Astronomy essay. She had always struggled to remember the names of the seven main stars of the Pleiades; luckily she had her star dome to help her. She reached into her satchel and pulled out a glass dome. Inside were hundreds of tiny gems which sparkled like the stars they were meant to represent. She squinted at the constellation she was meant to study, and took a quite note on a scrap of parchment.
She had just finished the essay and was rolling up the scroll when her friend Cassie walked into the common room.
"Cassie!" she said. "How are you? Which class did you have this morning?"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie sat next to Artemis and greeted her warmly before pulling a face.
"Potions." She replied, rolling her eyes. "Can you believe Slughorn's still after me to attend one of his parties? You'd think he'd be content without them in his old age, but no."
She paused and used a more cheerful tone. "Sorry. I'm in a bit of a mood. But there's nothing like Transfiguration to cheer me up," she stated, holding up her books for her next class. She peeked over at her friend's scroll. "What's that there?"

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2013 08:59AM) (new)

((Just telling you I would post that on questions but, I'll answer that here basically we are rping or role-playing in hogwart school for witchcraft and wizardry but this rp is supposed to be played 15 years after the ending on the last Harry potter book so that's what we are doing and it's all fun, now as you may or may not know the head mod is now putting you in houses depending on your charcter so you cannot put your character in a specific house hope that answers your questions))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

((Well I'm in the staircases heading to potions class did you make a character yet?))

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry forgot to mention you can't be characters from the books or offspring and you can't assume characters you have to make one in character sign up and he/she has to be approved before rping and please put double brackets when you talk out of rp))

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

((Go ahead and be creative here is the link http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...))

message 8: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 11, 2013 05:50PM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Genevieve walked into the common room "I've always loved this room" she said wistfully, walking over to the bookshelves she picked a book-A biography of Minerva McGonagal a retired headmistress, and flopped down in the chairs "Hey Cass, Hey Artemis" she said over the top of the book-when she read there was rarely chance of distracting her.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hi Gen," Artemis said, smiling down at the young girl. "How are you?"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Great, just finished a History of Mag class, it was about the history of Hogwarts." Genevieve grinned "Truth be told I can't believe Professor Binns taught by himself, I can't imagine how those classes were!, How are you doing?"
A French accent still lightly coating her words.she asked "Oh, how was Astronomy by the way?"

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Good," Artemis shrugged. "All the boys kept drooling over Professor Esme, though," she sighed.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "I thought as much, Jake Manderson was just saying yesterday that she was the prettiest person in the castle, you've probably guessed but Vera Smythe didn't think much of that! Enough with the gossip, remember when Kiera er, Professor Mattix and Binns were talking about Hermione Granger? she sounded so cool, I hope I meet her someday."
Genevieve relaxedly leaned back in her chair and a flurry of students came in fresh from Charms...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

After chatting for awhile with her two friends, Cassie said goodbye and hurried off to her next class...

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Genevieve glanced out the window and checked the time, jumping from her chair,she said "My Herbology is in half an hour but I'm going to pop out to the courtyards, want to join me? Grandmama sent me some wizard chess for Christmas and actually I think I know how to play now" she said the last wryly-she was notorious for being a slow learner for games.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Before her friend could answer a first year came up and excitedly said "Artemis you've got to see our Charms homework! It's outrageous!" he dragged her away and Genevieve could not hear her response "S'Kay" she mouthed and putting away the book grabbed her bag and headed to the courtyard...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie returned to Hogwarts, bags in hand, after 2 weeks at home. After attending her cousin's funeral and having to deal with her parents for 2 weeks she hardly had any energy left. After making her way to her dorm she sunk into her bed, forgetting about nightclothes. She couldn't wait to see her friends; their letters had helped carry her through. But now, all she needed was rest....

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Too soon, Cassie awoke. She rummaged through her things, looking for her watch. When she found it she winced. 12:34 a.m.

Oh well, she thought. She wasn't going to get any sleep, and it was after curfew but....she needed to take a walk. And so she left, tiptoeing through the portrait and hoping to find some sense of peace.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) and almost ran into Genevieve Eaglestone "Hello Cass" Gen said softly "I heard you returned, I am so, so sorry Cass, can any of us do something to help you?"

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, Gen," Cassie whispered, giving her a watery smile. She reached out to give a quick hug to her friend. She pulled back and cleared her throat, feeling uneasy.

"Th--that's all right." She paused, collecting herself. "I'll be okay, really. But thanks. I--I was going to go for a walk, but I should be getting some sleep." She paused, and Gen looked at her sympathetically. "Well, good night, then."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Are you sure Cass? I will help you if you need comfort" Gen said earnestly.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

She smiled faintly. "Thanks Gen. And I really do appreciate it but--I think right now I just need some sleep. The rest will just take time I guess. G'night."

She then settled back in bed and slept, surprisingly peacefully. The next morning she was well rested and determined to have a good day, despite inside turmoil.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Alright, were here for you Cass, good night" Genevieve said and went in sitting by the fire in their common room fell asleep in her chair...

message 23: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 19, 2013 08:46AM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Several days afterwards, Gen sat doing her Charms homework, on a whim she raised her wand and uttered a spell "Shinkisa Luminia" a chime-like sound filled the air and gold sparks flew from Genevieve's wand into a twirling mass, the Ravenclaws uttered cries of delight and possibly fright and Gen smiling looked at the spell, the sparks had formed a hummingbird. She sat back in her chair, "Hey" she called to a friend "That is why I love Charms"

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha grinned from across the room. She had her glasses on and was looking through the bookcases.
"You're brilliant at it, Gen. Are you sure you're only a second year? You could probably give me some pointers," she said, teasing.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Me? Oh no" Gen said as the gold hummingbird danced across the room "Okay Maybe but my ego has expanded enough when I aced the Charms exam week- oops!" the hummingbird had crashed in the fireplace Gen rolled her eyes and inspected the remnants "Famous last words right?"

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha closed an old book, and dust flew everywhere. She coughed and chuckled at the same time.
"Ego? What ego?" she asked, having recovered.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Gen laughed "Your not helping Nat. The ego that would have rambled on about acing exams had not" a flurry of coughing cut off the rest as a tumult of smells wafted from the fire...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha wrinkled her nose, catching a whiff.
"Ugh...magic hummingbirds and fire don't mix..."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Impeccable logic" Gen said raising her head from the fire. her face was covered in neon-bright dust, she coughed again, "Okay, epic fail" she laughed.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha left her spot by the bookcase and came over by the fire. She waved her wand and Gen was clean again.
She smiled at her. "That's better."
"You," she said, raising her brows and pointing at Gen, "keep practicing. I've got get to class. Professor Weyd'll flog me if I'm late."
She grabbed her books and scurried off.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Genevieve grinned "Yes Your Highness" she said after Natasha laughing...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis strode into the common room, her curls tangled and her green eyes flashing. She sank into a couch and buried her face in her hands, willing herself to calm down.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

After several minutes Henry's head poked through the portrait hole and he scoured the room for Artemis. Locating her on a couch, he stepped through the portrait completely, The Life of the Alchemist, Nicolas Flamel tucked under his arm.
When Henry came and stood over Artemis she sat up straighter, looking at him expectantly. For a few moments neither one said anything. Then, Henry broke the silence.
"What I want to know--" his sharp gaze pierced her, "--is how Jackal can be over 100 years old," he said as he opened up the book in front of her, showing a picture of Nicholas Flamel and his "young" assistant in his potions work--John Jackal.

message 34: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 27, 2013 03:16PM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) After the discussion in the library Genevieve stumbled into the common room stone-tired taking a seat at an armchair she she looked out into the courtyards and her head swam, she drank out of her glass of water and she coughed why on earth did she have such a horrible taste in her mouth? she thought, resting her head in her arms she drifted off...

Across the common room Artemis perked up her ears she could hear rhythmic speech from across the room Henry put a finger to his lips and they walked over.
Genevieve Eaglestone was sitting eyes unfocused and pupils dilated The immortal must seek the cure from the Severn Passage to the deadly wood, before the season turns the immortal shall find the cure beyond the Severn Passage in the deadly wood. " "What the-! Gen wake up" Artemis said shaking her shoulder, she looked over at Henry puzzled "It's a prophecy" he whispered.
Gen awoke "Um, Hi? what is it?" she asked "Did I grow nine heads or what?".....

((Anastasia, Ally I hope y'don't mind me tweaking with the plotline and using your characters!))

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

(Please try not to do that too much, Ro)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis looked down at Genevieve for a long moment, her face tense.
"Nothing, Gen," she said gently, and walked back to her seat, looking ill.
"Henry," she said quietly, "something's wrong. I don't know what that was, but I've been meaning to talk to you..." Her emerald eyes were wide. "Something's wrong," she repeated.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

"Prophecy..." Henry shook his head and turned back to Artemis.
"Well spit it out, Jones!" his voice came out sharper than he intended. Rubbing over his face with his hand, he sighed. "Artemis," he said, pleading with her.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis bit her lip as he looked at her imploringly. That had to be the first time he had called her Artemis.
"Siobhan," she said, her face pale. "Yesterday at the teashops...she was drugged, and no-one knows who did it. She was with John and Lani at the time...and I can't help but wonder if it's related. No-one would want to hurt Siobhan, but perhaps it was meant for someone else..."
Her voice trailed off.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"Perhaps..." his voice trailed off, his expression aloof. He'd have to look into that later, but now--
"Look," he faced her again, "what I really need to know right now--is how this is possible." He gestured to the picture in the book.
"What do you know about this?" he asked roughly.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis withdrew slightly at his accusatory voice, frowning down at the paper.
"The Elixir of Life," she said softly. "This has to be true. John is taking it. Henry...I don't know much more than you do...you don't think Micah knows anything?"
His slightly startled expression made her flush.
"I was at the library," she admitted.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

His brows raised. "I see.
"Unless John said something...no, I don't think Micah knows much...but...the Elixir of Life, you said?"
She nodded and he scowled, brows furrowing.
"That's impossible. The sorcerer's stone--Flamel destroyed--"
He stopped abruptly, expression steely and eyes cold.
"Do you think the Jackal Family--stole the sorcerer's stone?"
Without waiting for a response Henry continued. "Yes-yes that has to be it! Without it...there's no way you can make more elixir."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Henry," Artemis said, "it gets worse." She took a shuddering breath.
"At lunch today John...he decided to tell me that this antidote will either kill him or me. And then mentioned this antidote in the Forest...just like the one in the prophecy. I wanted to tell you earlier, but..."
She sank further into her chair, face paling.
"It's all related," she whispered. "Siobhan, the antidotes, the Jackal family, the Elixir..."

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 27, 2013 06:28PM) (new)

It took awhile for all of this to sink in. Then all of a sudden Henry's confused expression turned to one of anger.
"LET IT KILL HIM THEN!" he shouted, shocking Artemis. "Don't you see?! Either way he has to die. He-he's over 100 years old, he's living off of the Elixir of Life, and HE NEARLY KILLED YOU! HE SHOULD ALREADY BE DEAD!"
He laughed bitterly, without humor. "Just-just let him make the antidote, Artemis. That load about the forest--you heard that from Gen in a so called prophecy," he scoffed. "I wouldn't put much stock in it if I were you," he stated wryly.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis shrank back.
"Henry," she said softly. "He has to die...yes. But if he dies because I did nothing then Melania will never forgive me."
She looked up at his furious expression, and reached out, gently putting her hand on his.
"You don't have to be a part of this," she said. "If I can just help them- as much as I don't want to- all of this will stop. Let John be expelled later...but this needs to be put right."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Henry pulled out his hand from underneath hers.
"You're right," he stated grimly, "I don't have to be a part of this." At that he stood up, snatching the library book from in front of her. "Enjoy your excursion to the forbidden forest. I'm afraid I won't be joining you."

"Well I will," someone spoke up as soon as Henry left.
Artemis looked up in surprise at Cassie Knight standing by the portrait hole.
Cassie drew in a shaky breath. "I heard everything. I want to be there. For you and John." She offered up a tremulous smile. "For my friends." Suddenly her expression steeled. "I won't take no for an answer, Art," her voice rasped.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis smiled at Cassie, her eyes filling with tears.
"Thank you," she said quietly, "but no-one has to do this. Not for me. It'll be dangerous, and I don't know if it will work even. But I can't let someone die. And John...he's not brave. I don't know what he'll do...and if he chooses to save himself then I really am in danger."
She stood, her curls loose about her face, and hurried out of the common room, not wanting to run into Henry- just wanting to be somewhere that was far, far away from this.
Hot tears ran down her cheeks as she thought about Henry, jinxing firecrabs, hanging upside down in the Arena, trying to talk to Melania in the inn... She had really thought he would help. It was selfish of her and so unlikely, but of all the people she had met at Hogwarts, Henry had seemed to be the one who understood her the most. But had he, really?
She raced down the staircases, down to the Entrance Hall, her robes billowing out behind her.

message 47: by Alie (new)

Alie Lilli walked into the common room with her robe in her hand, rubbing her bandaged arm. She walked up the stairs and to the girls area, she put her torn robe on her bed and grabbed her Herbology books. She was going to be late and she knew it.

message 48: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

thelastrevolutionary | 1999 comments Mod
Eriq strode into the dormitory with a bang. His luggage floated behind him. " Im back!" He called loudly disturbing the quiet. He got several angry glares but ignored them. There was a reason a lot of his friends were from Slytherin

message 49: by Halle (new)

Halle | 4729 comments ((Hey can Eriq be friends with Annalise Aka Anna?))

message 50: by thelastrevolutionary, Overseeing Mod (new)

thelastrevolutionary | 1999 comments Mod
( Sure )

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 45 46